Skip to content

Since Barbarians are now a subclass...

1235»

Comments

• FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    matrice wrote: »
    Hey boys, wild mage is not dual classable aswell, why are you still arguing that barbarians should ?

Because Wild Mage should too. I didn't mention it at the start because I had forgotten about it - it's not a class that ever interested me.

Changing the text on the Barbarian kit to give a lore reason why they can't duel would also be an acceptable solution - but a missed opportunity for providing players with more options, which is always a good thing.
    Ithual
  • IthualIthual Member Posts: 136
    I would so love using an Elf Ranger/Mage
    mashedtaters
    edited March 2016
    Ithual wrote: »
    I would so love using an Elf Ranger/Mage

Because of the way the game engine is designed, it would be incredibly difficult to add multi or dual class combinations that aren't currently allowed. It's akin to adding a whole new class.

However, it is fairly simple to add a kit to an existing combination. (although not to a menu, which is why multiclass kits are not permitted).

{As an aside, has anyone tried modding a Wild Mage/Cleric? It just occurred to me that cleric spells could be subject to wild surges.}
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    mashedtaterszupskyIthual
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    @subtledoctor
    I wish I could give you a million likes right now...
    IthualGozeta
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437

I personally would love...absolutely LOVE... If every class could dual/multi with every other class! Not every player feels that way. It is one of the drawbacks of 2e rules, imho. But I understand the limitations of the infinity engine do not allow for that at this time.

So sad...no ranger/Mage.

So I agree... Argue why you want to dual class your barbarian, not that it should be allowed to dual class now that it is selected differently.

By PnP rules, you can dual-class pretty much anything. Multi-classes were always limited by race. 2e did add a rule to disallow dual-classing within a "class group" (Warriors, Priests, Rogues, Wizards), e.g., no conjurer->enchanter or fighter->ranger dual-classing.
    mashedtaters
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited March 2016

{As an aside, has anyone tried modding a Wild Mage/Cleric? It just occurred to me that cleric spells could be subject to wild surges.}
    And you could have access to divine spells with NRD. That is probably a gameplay reason for disallowing wild mage dual-/multi-classing.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited March 2016
    Yea Wild Mages being blocked from dual classing was really more of a technical reason I'm sure (but that is just speculation on my part since its been that way since ToB). That said, I view the barbarian being unable to duel class in sort of a similar light to the shadowdancer. The shadowdancer can still dual class but the restrictions on them to do so (compared to other thief kits) are considerably greater. The barbarian just takes that one step further and outright blocks it.
  • matricematrice Member Posts: 86
    edited March 2016
    Fardragon said:

Because Wild Mage should too.

Well, I was quite surprise it didn't, but a wild mage with lvl for lvl1 spell maxed, dual into fighter could mb only be weaker than...
    wild mage itself. It will be way stronger than even the K21/M22.

I mean, having the ability to dual into everything is fine, but if you look at the balance, then either the game becomes too easy, or you have to increase game difficulty, and most class with not even be playable
    edited March 2016

I'm working on it... :wink:

I would think the way to do it would be to recreate Ranger as a Fighter kit. I don't see any way to give them stealth or a spell list though.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Ithual