Skip to content

New 2.0 Record Menu HYPE!

2»

Comments

• XKalXKal Member Posts: 58
    Very nice! Look forward to seeing the final version, but this was a nice and welcome change!
  • tortuosittortuosit Member Posts: 63
    Yesterdays update left me in a total hype mode. The UI is so much better now. Well done.
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    I really like the change to the UI and I'm sure the final version will be great, thank you for listing to us, and thank @00zim00 for your ideas.
  • JairyannaJairyanna Member Posts: 209
    Sooooo much better ^_^
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    Congratulations @00zim00 on the well-deserved recognition - that is an awesome looking UI. @Dee, thanks to the whole team that took the feedback in good grace and gave us this new UI. This really does feel like the best of all worlds, and yet is only the first step towards a brighter future!
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    Well this is an unexpected surprise. New look is so much appealing to me.
  • InsultionInsultion Member Posts: 179
    bengoshi wrote: »

Codex is full of manchildren, for the most part. I don't think I've ever left that site in a state other than angry. I'll never understand the need to point out flaws and only flaws, and further I'll never understand obsessive behavior involving compounding said flaw exposing. They seem to be of a very negative-reinforcement attitude.

Anyway, I let my rant subside to say I do agree with them on the matter of the XP bar. I hate it, along with the other red-highlight out-of-place items that would be better served with stone aesthetic buttons.
  • Sids1188Sids1188 Member Posts: 165
    edited March 2016
    I really like the layout too. Better than either the beta or the original ones. I know the issues there are done to death, and its kinda damned if you do damned if you don't, but I do have a few comments to make that are mostly nitpicky.

1. Export button should be greyed out for NPCs (similar to level up and dual class buttons when they are unavailable). As it is, they just do nothing while appearing like they should.
    2. A lot of redundancies, which means scrolling. Would be nice if the abilities and skills parts were taken off the information tabs - they just clutter it and can be reached on their tabs anyway. The saves, proficiencies and scripts are also duplicated. If things fit on single pages, or close to it, they are much easier to navigate. Even if they aren't necessarily on the best tab, it's easier than hunting through a long list of numbers.
    3. For all the criticisms of the beta page, one thing I liked about it was being able to expand the proficiencies to see what they did. Otherwise the only way to see the actual effects of them is by leveling, making a new character, or searching for guides and tables. It would be nice to have it available easily in game.
    4. Very minor, but the scroll bar for the class screen seems to be in a different position to the other ones. Just looks a little strange.

Wondering if anyone else agrees/disagrees or whatnot?

Edit: Clarity

Edit Edit: the Abilities tab looks really spaced out. Would look neater if it was more categorised like the abilities into related things. To hit, damage and missile adjustment together. Highest learnable spells, max spells per level and chance to learn spell together for example. Reaction adjustment is also actually listed twice on that same tab as well.
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    another issue: other languages strings are longer than english ... short buttons fail to hold them, text gets scales, it looks like a mess, but a nice mess :)
  • CanzahCanzah Member Posts: 37
    Baldur's Gate 2 still seems to have the crappy Tablet-ish interface from 2.0 Beta.
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    edited March 2016
    @Canzah: They didn't have time properly updating that one as well, and probably gave it less priority, as people are more likely either heading straight into SoD, or running through BG1 to ready a new character for SoD.

Regardless, neither the UI you see in BG1, nor the UI you see in BG2 should be final.
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    Fantastic work. Thanks @00zim00 for working on design ideas and @Dee and the entire beamdog team for their work, and giving us the time of day on this matter. Awesome stuff!!!
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550

another issue: other languages strings are longer than english ... short buttons fail to hold them, text gets scales, it looks like a mess, but a nice mess :)

I agree and I opened a feature request explaining that foreign languages need bigger buttons :)
  • SeigarSeigar Member Posts: 9
    BG2 Character Recond looks really bad and unfinished. Can we get the UI version like the one in the first post ?

• illathidillathid Member Posts: 320
    Seigar said:

BG2 Character Recond looks really bad and unfinished. Can we get the UI version like the one in the first post ?

They've already said they unify them, they just didn't have the time to get the assets in place for BG2 yet.