Skip to content

Release FAQ

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • FranpaFranpa Member Posts: 637

I was about to start an elven archer but can't assign more than 4 slots to ranged weapons.

edit: Neither can a pure fighter to any weapon for that matter...

You can't during character creation. This is intentional. A fighter can put more than 2 pips in to a weapon proficiency as they level up though.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    omg, just got BG2:EE, and it should be called BG2:EEE now with good reason ... all those obvious enhancements over 1.3!
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605

Franpa said:

I was about to start an elven archer but can't assign more than 4 slots to ranged weapons.

edit: Neither can a pure fighter to any weapon for that matter...

You can't during character creation. This is intentional. A fighter can put more than 2 pips in to a weapon proficiency as they level up though.
    Ah. Must be one of them 2.0 things as I seem to remember being able to put five pips for over 15 years. Stupid me...
    It's bg2 or bg1? Because Franpa is right, as soon as i remember since vanilla bg1 it was always like this
    cmk24
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

BG2. That's weird. Because I could swear I remember starting an archer with 5 pips in shortbows a week ago.

I've spent most of my time on BG1, if someone more knowledgeable on BG2 wants to chime in go ahead.
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605

BG2. That's weird. Because I could swear I remember starting an archer with 5 pips in shortbows a week ago.

Me and Franpa were talking about bg1; so it's totally another problem:D
    Anyway you should have 6 proficiency points to spare in BG2, 4 from the beginning and 2 for level ups.
    Counted these points i think it's correct that you can reach only 4 in shortbows, 2 from the first level and 2 for level ups
  • DawgliciousDawglicious Member Posts: 221
    edited March 2016
    Any idea of when beta testing for 2.0 will happen on Android? I'm on vacation and foolishly thought I would be able to start playing BGEE 2.0 on my tablet, forgetting that the tablet updates wouldn't be happening at the same time. (I saw the answer to this in the first post, but am hoping for maybe more of a definite timeframe)

Any idea of when beta testing for 2.0 will happen on Android? I'm on vacation and foolishly thought I would be able to start playing BGEE 2.0 on my tablet, forgetting that the tablet updates wouldn't be happening at the same time. (I saw the answer to this in the first post, but am hoping for maybe more of a definite timeframe)

I'd expect at most 6 months but ideally 3 months or less after the release of 2.0.
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    IIRC, there was a bug reported for creating new characters in BG2EE that should limit them to legal weapon skills - so no starting with 5 pips as you could not level up that way with the starting xp - but you should be allowed 4 pips, otherwise it sounds like the fix went too far.
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605

They said during the live stream that tablets will be at most 6 weeks behind. So I would expect a beta to be available in about 2 weeks or so.
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    (if there is a open beta)
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605

(if there is a open beta)

True, Android will likely have the same test community used in previous betas (via the Beamdog beta Google+ group) since that is the only way Android allows for beta testing, iOS I am not sure.
  • ArthandasArthandas Member Posts: 29
    So when is the actual 2.0 release? Shouldn't it be released before SoD?
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Arthandas said:

So when is the actual 2.0 release? Shouldn't it be released before SoD?

2.0 patch is out, it released shortly before SoD.
    Huh, guess GOG is late as always.
    Gog.com doesn't have an automated system for patch acceptance. Developers have to send their patches to some guy that only works office hours during weekdays :S
    I know, they usually have their patches the next day after the release. Since all those twitch streams, trailers and other ruckus, I forgot SoD was released just yesterday :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • JairyannaJairyanna Member Posts: 209
    edited April 2016
    How come tool tips don't work for people now? Items etc still have them pop up, but if I want to find out the name of someone I've got to press tab. Before you could just hover over them.
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    I noticed some locations on the world map have been moved from their original positions ( BG:EE ): is this intended or a bug?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    If it looks like a bug to you, I would report it. If it was intentional, we'll be able to investigate whether the change caused a regression or not.
    elminster
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    what happened to the adobe pdf that listed the changes? I can't find it on the forums anymore.

what happened to the adobe pdf that listed the changes? I can't find it on the forums anymore.

You mean this stuff?
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    @Silverstar No I mean the patch notes hidden on page 7 of this thread not the SOD manuals.

Silverstar No I mean the patch notes hidden on page 7 of this thread not the SOD manuals.

My bad. Getting tired, not reading properly before replying. Sorry about that!
  • JTerzinJTerzin Member Posts: 166
    Where is the BG2:EE patch 2.0? If it's been released, how can I download it? My GOG Galaxy client recognized and downloaded the update for BG:EE and proceeded to install the patch, but it doesn't look for a patch for BG2:EE.
  • Swifty_MageeSwifty_Magee Member Posts: 229
    JTerzin said:

Where is the BG2:EE patch 2.0? If it's been released, how can I download it? My GOG Galaxy client recognized and downloaded the update for BG:EE and proceeded to install the patch, but it doesn't look for a patch for BG2:EE.

The BG2EE 2.0 patch just went live today on GOG. Launch your Galaxy client and it should start downloading.
    JuliusBorisovJTerzin
  • Swifty_MageeSwifty_Magee Member Posts: 229
    My only 2.0 related question right now is: is there is an ETA on the IWD:EE version?