Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Release FAQ

1235789

Comments

  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 21,911
    edited March 2016
    Does the fact you can't access the Journal from the Inventory or the Character Sheet (or Mage Book, or Priest Scroll, or Options) - the Journal tab is greyed out when you are on those screens) a deliberate thing or a bug (that should be reported)?

    lolmer
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,011
    bengoshi said:

    Does the fact you can't access the Journal from the Inventory or the Character Sheet (or Mage Book, or Priest Scroll, or Options) - the Journal tab is greyed out when you are on those screens) a deliberate thing or a bug (that should be reported)?

    I think they were trying to fix the journal window not shutting when switched to other window. But this implementation is exceptionally bad.
    Btw, movies are now full-screen on unscaled interface, thumbs up for that.

  • ilhdrilhdr Member Posts: 33
    Did the scripts received any love?

  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,836
    For those of us that use the stand-alone downloader/launcher for the other EEs, how is SoD going to be handled?

    Silverstar
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    ilhdr said:

    Did the scripts received any love?

    You could say that. Now every character comes with a default script ("advanced") that's modular and modifiable in-game. It has some bugs, but I think once those are fixed it's going to be pretty awesome.

  • HeavylineHeavyline Member Posts: 108
    Are there going to be more achievements in final release? Of course there will be bunch that are Siege of Dragonspear related, but what about the normal game? I feel that there are so many achievements missing, especially related to NPC quests such as;

    Safana's Quest
    Coran's Quest
    Eldoth Kron & Skie Silvershield
    Saving Viconia from Flaming Fist
    Dorn's Quest
    Neera's Quest
    Rasaad's Quest

  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    Heavyline said:

    Are there going to be more achievements in final release? Of course there will be bunch that are Siege of Dragonspear related, but what about the normal game? I feel that there are so many achievements missing, especially related to NPC quests such as;

    Safana's Quest
    Coran's Quest
    Eldoth Kron & Skie Silvershield
    Saving Viconia from Flaming Fist
    Dorn's Quest
    Neera's Quest
    Rasaad's Quest

    Have you noticed there are ~40 hidden achievements? I think many of the quest related ones are hidden to avoid spoiling new players.

  • HeavylineHeavyline Member Posts: 108
    edited March 2016
    cmk24 said:

    Heavyline said:

    Are there going to be more achievements in final release? Of course there will be bunch that are Siege of Dragonspear related, but what about the normal game? I feel that there are so many achievements missing, especially related to NPC quests such as;

    Safana's Quest
    Coran's Quest
    Eldoth Kron & Skie Silvershield
    Saving Viconia from Flaming Fist
    Dorn's Quest
    Neera's Quest
    Rasaad's Quest

    Have you noticed there are ~40 hidden achievements? I think many of the quest related ones are hidden to avoid spoiling new players.
    Actually the details for all the achievements have already been revealed in "astats" website. You can see here what are the hidden achievements and there are no achievements related to the quests I mentioned earlier.

    http://astats.astats.nl/astats/Steam_Game_Info.php?AppID=228280

    So far the only NPC related achievements are

    Minsc/Edwin & Dynaheir
    Helping Branwen out in Carneval
    Recruiting Jaheira & Khalid in Friendly Arm.

    While I noticed BG2 has alot more NPC quest related achievements in it. Probably all original NPC quests have unlockable achievements.

  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 21,911
    Several of my bug reports have been marked as "dupes", but before posting the I had checked the existing lists of bugs on the redmine.

    Still, while I hadn't found them, they were regarded as bugs. Is there afull list of known issues somewhere, so that we could check it before posting any new bug?

  • FranpaFranpa Member Posts: 637
    Don't forget that by default Redmine only lists 35 bugs/features per page, you can change it to show 50 or 100 per page in the bottom left corner of the list. There is also a Search box in the top right corner.

    JuliusBorisov
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 451
    May be they are dupes to the internal bug list, not public redmine list?

    JuliusBorisovcmk24
  • NatregNatreg Member Posts: 100
    On the first stream showing Siege of Dragonspear it was shown that you can edit the UI during play. Is it possible to access that feature in the beta?

    Adul
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    Will achievements unlock in the Apple Game Centre?

  • DoodlerooDoodleroo Member Posts: 28
    How will achievements work if using the Beamdog version?

  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    Doodleroo said:

    How will achievements work if using the Beamdog version?

    Achievements are for the steam version only (already tested this myself). If you own the Beamdog version of the game you can request the steam version by contacting [email protected]

  • pwaringpwaring Member Posts: 81
    Will the bug whereby Anomen's Turn Undead ability makes Keldorn (and presumably other paladins) run away in fear be fixed?

  • ilhdrilhdr Member Posts: 33
    Adul said:

    ilhdr said:

    Did the scripts received any love?

    You could say that. Now every character comes with a default script ("advanced") that's modular and modifiable in-game. It has some bugs, but I think once those are fixed it's going to be pretty awesome.
    wow, that can be pretty great

  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 451
    Can't find anything, so I ask: will any of the new sod characters be available in bg2ee, and if so with some own storyline?

  • NatregNatreg Member Posts: 100

    Can't find anything, so I ask: will any of the new sod characters be available in bg2ee, and if so with some own storyline?

    They said on one of the streams that not right now, but that it could be a possibility in the future.

    cmk24
  • TmarkTmark Member Posts: 2
    One quick question: If i start a new game now, when patch 2.0 hits can i continue this saved game to get the 2.0 changes or do i have to start anew?

  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    edited March 2016
    @Tmark Usually, you can continue without any problems but some specific changes will not take effect unless you start a new game.

    SilverstarTmarkcmk24
  • TmarkTmark Member Posts: 2
    Kilivitz said:

    @Tmark Usually, you can continue without any problems but some specific changes will not take effect unless you start a new game.

    Thanks for your reply! Do we know what are those changes?

  • Sam_Sam_ Member Posts: 171
    Tmark said:

    Kilivitz said:

    @Tmark Usually, you can continue without any problems but some specific changes will not take effect unless you start a new game.

    Thanks for your reply! Do we know what are those changes?
    For example, changes to area files you have already visited will not show up unless you start a new game (or load a save from before you first visited the area).

    Kilivitz
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    Any changes to NPCs you have already recruited won't show up as well.

  • bleusteelbleusteel Member Posts: 521
    Looks like some of the areas have been moved around on the world map. Durlags is farther north, it seems...

    Ithual
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,206
    I really like that there's the "create party" button when you start a new single-player game now, no need to start multi-player if you want a custom party member or two and then muck about with copy-pasting save files.

    However, some NPC dialogue still treats you as if it's a multi-player session (because I guess it technically is?):
    image

    and this diminishes the dialogue in my opinion. Is there any chance this could be fixed to run the standard dialogue when you are in fact intentionally playing alone?

    JuliusBorisov
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @Silverstar I don't know that I understand this particular comment. If we're talking about Parda's dialogue about watching yourself, that comment makes perfect sense in the context of you having multiple people in your party. He's not talking to the "all of you" meaning human players; he's talking to "all of you" meaning characters in your group.

  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,206
    Well when you play single-player (as was the case here, though having used the Create Party option at start of game) his dialogue is a lot more fleshed out and you actually get to respond. When you play multi-player, he only delivers that one liner, regardless of whether he addresses the main player character or another party member. When you are actually playing single-player, the single-player dialogue is preferable.

    JuliusBorisov
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447

    Well when you play single-player (as was the case here, though having used the Create Party option at start of game) his dialogue is a lot more fleshed out and you actually get to respond. When you play multi-player, he only delivers that one liner, regardless of whether he addresses the main player character or another party member. When you are actually playing single-player, the single-player dialogue is preferable.

    Ah, that makes sense. That sounds like a report-worthy bug, then; but I do have a question:

    Is Parda, in that screenshot you posted, speaking to your protagonist, or to your second character?

    As a follow-up: does that distinction matter to you?

Sign In or Register to comment.