Skip to content

Console Help

Hi Guys,

Please understand I am very noobish when it comes to this. I have maybe used the console once or twice in the last 20 years as I generally want to play the game without the extra "help" In this case though I recently purchased BGEE and after many playthroughs of the the orginal BG I want to try something new. So I have a few questions. Help would be appreciated.

1. I have heard the ini folder is in my docs. For whatever reason it is not, nor is it in the default directory, and in fact a search of it turned up no such file anywhere on my computer. I did start the game as I have heard sometimes this must be done in order to create the ini/config file but no luck. Actually in point of fact I have no Baldurs Folder in my docs period.

2. I have heard you use the ~ key, other info I have read says use CTRL-T, others say CTRL-Space, and still others say use CTRL-M to open the console line. Which is it for Baldurs Gate?

3. Is it CLUAConsole: or is it C:?

4. When adding 'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1' you don't really add the commas or the ' do you? So this line should really be program options debug mode 1 right?

5. In a similar vein when adding lines in the editor like SetCurrentXP("[Number]") how is the line actually really typed into the editor. Is it SetCurrentXP(2500)?

Thanks for the help.

terascque

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Hello, @terascque and welcome to the forum.

You should use instructions in the OP here: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/8317/general-bgee-customization/p1

Do exactly as it is told there.

1. the .ini file is in the "Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition" folder that is located in your documents folder. This is the same "Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition" folder where all your saves and custom portraits are located.

2. Ctrl + Space will do the trick

3. For the EE, it's C:

4. When adding that option, follow the recommendation from the thread I linked precisely as it's written there - 'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1',

5. When adding lines you should use '' and ''. Like C:SetCurrentXP("2500")
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    1. What kind of operating system do you use? Windows or Mac? The folder should be there. On a Windows the file path is something like C:\Users\Username\Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition.

2. Ctrl-Spacebar opens the console in game. The other commands you mention do other things. ~ doesnt do anything to my knowledge.

3. Either works. Most just use C: because it is shorter.

4. You add that line as it appears, including all punctuation.

5. After opening the console with Ctrl-spacebar you would then type it exactly as it appears below, including punctuation. Parts of the code are case sensitive too.
    C:SetCurrentXP("161000")
    Syntax takes a while to get used to, but you should be able to figure it out fairly quickly.
    JuliusBorisov
  • FanumFanum Member Posts: 10
    Maybe you folks can help me. Im stuck in the fort with Khalid. I did the scroll, and the side quests. Now I need to talk to Khalid but he isn't anywhere to be found. Ive talked to every NPC so I think a bug. I would like to console him in. How would I do that?