Skip to content

[Bug] Spider's Bane and Grease

EggHuevoEggHuevo Member Posts: 69
edited April 2016 in Troubleshooting
I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I encountered a bug. When equipped with Spider's Bane, my character is immune to web and other movement-related spells, but not grease. I opened up nearinfinity to check this, and yes, the sword has the effect "immunity to effect (101) - Grease overlay (158)". Still, it does nothing.

I'm playing Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition v. 1.3.2053

Edit: hmmm... Digging deeper in NI, I looked at the grease spell. It seems on top of this "grease overlay" effect, it also affects movement rate (effect: movement rate bonus (126)). I think the grease overlay effect present on spider's bane doesn't affect this changed movement rate.

EDIT 2 (SOLUTION): I figured it out myself, yay!

Edit 3: It works but I messed something else up. Now haste doesn't work on that character. I'm still looking to make it work. I will, eventually :smile:

Edit 4: Holy Bhaal, I was right the first time. It's actually funny. My 3 characters had Paws of the Cheetah (hey, I killed the guy 3 times, stop judging me :lol: ). When I was testing if the new Spider's Bane worked, I removed the Paws from my Spider's Bane guy, but the other 2 had them. So IT LOOKED LIKE HE WASN'T HASTED IN COMPARISON, but he was. Anyway, the solution is as follows:

SOLUTION: I added the line from the free action spell (immunity to movement rate bonus (106), which I figured is the slow effect from grease and maybe "slow" itself) to Spider's Bane using nearinfinity. It works now.
Post edited by EggHuevo on

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • EggHuevoEggHuevo Member Posts: 69
    edited April 2016

Good spot! :)

Could you attach a save with Spider's Bane and a character who has Grease memorised?

Sure, but my game is pretty edited, lol. With shadowkeeper and nearinfinity. Still, that didn't have anything to do with that (I suppose). I looked in the forums and some guy had the same problem (but noone answered).

IMPORTANT: I edited the original post because I figured out a solution, 'til they patch it up.

Edit: @typo_tilly Do you know how to export something I edited in near infinity? So I can upload the "patched" version of spider's bane. I don't know if it's possible, I've never done it; I always make my own edits and then copy the entired Baldur's Gate folder if I have to reinstall. It's not the most efficient way, maybe, but it works :lol:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • EggHuevoEggHuevo Member Posts: 69
    edited April 2016

Ok, I've put it up as report 22227. :)

You have a scary character! :D I went to FAI only to have the guards attack me -- and Dorn was dead. XD I went to Beregost to recruit Kagain to hold the sword while you cast Grease on him.

No, I'm afraid I don't know much about near infinity really. :)

EDIT - Added your solution. :3

Great! I hope they fix it in 2.0!

And yes. I accidentally killed Dorn. Not that I was going to use him anyway, so I let him stay dead, hehe. Do you like my character's idea? I use a Cavalier for it's immunity to poison, and make him hold the Spider's Bane, a couple fire res rings. That way I can cast web, grease, and cloudkill, while he tanks and swings at the poor immobilized enemies and my mage swings fireballs to his heart's content. It's tons of fun.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.