Skip to content

Really Beamdog and Dee?

What exactly were you thinking posting this on twitter?
You have probably just ensured that this sh*tstorm gets even bigger.
http://archive.is/tlJCs
ButtercheeseCoffeethrallGodKaiserHellFraglimatAKrugBierQbertCrevsDaak

Comments

• JoeyJoey Member Posts: 201
    Maybe he'll try to claw back some popularity by publicly backing trump or calling for the death penalty for abortionists? It's like Beamdog are allergic to good PR at this point.
    WillyML4Coffeethralltoolarg
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    KamigoroshiQbert
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    This is REALLY bad!
    Why would you do something so reckless, this will only make things worse!
    YOU DON'T WANT TO GO THERE!

Please don't do anything that can hurt Baldur's Gate ...
    KamigoroshiArdulbooinyoureyesCrevsDaak

To condemn a company so quickly? With no attempts to improve the offending lines in a game that's been released only days ago? Everyone needs to take a step back. Some of those 1 star reviews may be valid. Others may not: "Trannys Gate: The Siege of Bumdong".

The devs have been on this forum begging for positive reviews, and slagging off their critics here (and on twitter). It's clear they've invested heavily in the SJW movement.
    WillyML4Coffeethrall
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • AmmarAmmar Member Posts: 1,295
    In for a penny, in for a pound, eh? Well, I do not think that crowd would respinse to reason, so good for you.
  • XzarXzar Member Posts: 215

What do you think would fix the problems?

Open discussion between devs and right-wing BG fans. Without radical leftists interfering, and without presumption that liberal values are somehow better than others.
    [Deleted User]WillyML4
  • craymond727craymond727 Member Posts: 208
    The developers haven't sought to label all criticism of their game as a product of the GG community. There are some harsh reviews that solely deal with content and bugs. However, many of the negative reviews emphasize the "political agenda" of Beamdog and its writers, especially on GOG, where reviewers don't actually have to had purchased the game.
    killerrabbit
  • PelmaleonPelmaleon Member Posts: 14
    No true scotsman, strawmen, cherrypicking, and part of the whole fallacies all wrapped up in two succinct tweets. Now that's an accomplishment! Dee should get a SJW badge for her incredibly brave and wise words.
    IllustairWillyML4
    shawne said:

Joey said:

At this point? Nothing.

Earlier in the process...told the writer not to mention politics in interviews, made sure devs don't slag off their critics or ask for positive reviews. Remove the GamerGate easter egg, as the whole point of that meme is to piss off GGers. No need to remove the character itself.
    If we briefly entertain the notion that GamerGaters are, or ever were, what they claim to be, why would they support this suppression of a creator's free speech? Why shouldn't Amber Scott tell critics to fuck off the way GGers told Tecmo? Where are the ethics in censoring easter eggs?
    Skatan said:

So if you think nothing can fix the problem @Joey, why do you nag about it? Just walk away quietly then and let the rest of us who cares for the game and the company remain.

But you can't, can you? Cause the need for hating is so strong in some people.

Hate? There's only one side of this debate that's telling people to shut up and go away.

Protip - it's the same side of the debate that's been silencing people since day 1.
    Coffeethrall
  • epicrakshasasepicrakshasas Member Posts: 71
    shawne said:

Joey said:

At this point? Nothing.

Earlier in the process...told the writer not to mention politics in interviews, made sure devs don't slag off their critics or ask for positive reviews. Remove the GamerGate easter egg, as the whole point of that meme is to piss off GGers. No need to remove the character itself.
    If we briefly entertain the notion that GamerGaters are, or ever were, what they claim to be, why would they support this suppression of a creator's free speech? Why shouldn't Amber Scott tell critics to fuck off the way GGers told Tecmo? Where are the ethics in censoring easter eggs?
    Considering Dee has been silencing people who have been rational and respectful on both these forums and on Steam, I don't think your side can say very much about freedom of speech.
    CoffeethrallPelmaleonWillyML4
  • InconnuInconnu Member Posts: 99

shawne said:

Joey said:

At this point? Nothing.

Considering Dee has been silencing people who have been rational and respectful on both these forums and on Steam, I don't think your side can say very much about freedom of speech.
    A flood of 0 star reviews over un-named bugs and ambiguously poor writing is not rational or respectful. Neither is SJW and "feminazi" bashing.
    FawnkyLAZERDOG
  • gesellegeselle Member Posts: 325
    holy crap, the last thing people here want is baldur's gate being remembered as "baldur's gate gate".

man this might leave behind nothing but scorched earth.
    ArdulCrevsDaak
  • killerrabbitkillerrabbit Member Posts: 402
    That's it. Next paycheck I'm buying the collectors edition.

One of the many things that bugs me about this campaign that it is occupying space that should be filled with legitimate criticisms. There are issues with the game I would like to see addressed but any critique I would offer runs the risk of being confused with statements that are born out prejudice.

Thank you @dee for this post.
    LAZERDOG
  • InsultionInsultion Member Posts: 179
    @Dee It's never best to shake the hornet's nest.
    ArdulbooinyoureyesQbert
    joluv said:

Here's something "rational" for ya! How come we can never buy rations in Baldur's Gate? Seems like an oversight, surely your characters need to eat at some point.

...unless those players are right-wing conservatives. Baldur's Gate apparently has no time for them.
  • PelmaleonPelmaleon Member Posts: 14
    Inconnu said:

The problem here is that all these totally fair, not at all revenge-based reviews wouldn't be occurring if not for the light-hearted Minsc potshot and inclusion of a certain character. Can the GG's just admit it's about that and not "bugs and poor writing" that render the game abysmal?

Others and I wrote our thumbs down reviews (which I admitted in my review was actually a mixed review, but steam had no option for that) for Baldur's Gate before even hearing about the Minsc line or Mizhena encounter, so I'd appreciate it if you stopped your strawmanning mendacities meant to spin the narrative of events: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197998538689/recommended/228280

Fans of the series have been irked for years regarding the missteps the Enhanced Editions have taken. I just recently started playing BG:EE a few days ago to get a party ready to transfer over to Siege of Dragonspear when I experienced them firsthand (cartoonish cinematics and UI blunders galore). You can bury your head in the sand all you want - it won't change the fact that there are other reasons people have issues with Beamdog's direction of the series that don't have to do with the mere introduction of SJW themes. Pigeonholing all negative reviewers and demonizing them is a sure-fire way to lose hardcore fans of the series, like myself.
    Blakes7
  • ifupaulineifupauline Member Posts: 405

What exactly were you thinking posting this on twitter?
    You have probably just ensured that this sh*tstorm gets even bigger.
    http://archive.is/tlJCs

... if you don't want the shitstorm to get bigger, maybe you should have pm Dee instead of posting a thread that anyone can see...
    [Deleted User]SkatanIllustair
This discussion has been closed.