Skip to content

the negative reviews are peoples opinions

first of all take 1min to think about who is posting negative reviews here, on steam and on gog. potential customers and fellow gamers which you totally disregarded when you decided to make this game only to support a very specific agenda.

that being said, people are complaining that every single negative review is being DELETED, but i will try it myself to see where it goes.

The characters of SoD are POORLY written. Yes they are, cause their only purpose was to push a social opinion.

things Beamdog did to piss off BG fans:

Fucked up Safana
Added a dialog to Minsc only to bash GG
Included one npc of every possible sexuality just to please every single minority out there. And as if that wasnt enough, they didnt even bother to write them in a way they could blend in the world.

its a terrible disappointment to see the characters you grew up with turned into something else and the world you used to spent hours on made into a circus.

sincerely a BG fan since first release.
BillBurnsworthPelmaleon10GorstakAKrugBieratakdogWillyML4

Comments

• GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    I swear I'll be sick just hearing/reading the word "Agenda" after this.
    Nimrancmk24IllustairAyiekie
  • iassoniasson Member Posts: 101
    @Diogenes42 i guess your pseudo intellectualism stops at finding weird names that you have no clue at what they truly represent)
  • BayazBayaz Member Posts: 22
    Also apparently Dee said these people 'aren't real fans' on twitter.

Beamdog really needs to re-think their PR as it's not doing them any favors.

CoffeethrallEnvygamesatakdogWillyML4
    @bayaz maybe they are not real Beamdog fans, but if he suggested we are not real BG fans, he can simply go fuck himself) with whatever sexual partner he feels comfortable with)
    atakdog
  • Diogenes42Diogenes42 Member Posts: 597
    iasson said:

@Diogenes42 i guess your pseudo intellectualism stops at finding weird names that you have no clue at what they truly represent)

If there is something that you feel I am not understanding then please enlighten me friend.
    Yamcha
  • MrGuseMrGuse Member Posts: 30
    iasson said:

I'm confused. Did he not curse enough for you?
    bengoshi said:

There's a lot more in SoD than things mentioned in the OP.

How about new tools for modders, including UI modding?
    How about much improved AI?
    How about items with interesting and previously unused (even unheard) properties?
    How about story twists?
    How about voice over work?

I've played till meeting Minsc and Dynaheir in the BG City, and I've already liked a lot about Corwin, a NPC in SoD. She already looks to me as a very well written NPC.

All these things, to me, make SoD a very good game. And I haven't seen anything that angered me as a vivid BG fan, other than these boards being fulled with negativity.

I am glad to hear you are enjoying so much about the game, my good chum. I also found Corwin very fun, especially since she is very powerful.
    @MrGuse he mentioned immunity to criticism while beamdogs goes around deleting anything they dont like 24/7
    GorstakPelmaleon10WillyML4
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    But... You're basically asking for mod action here. SoD characters x x x "their ONLY purpose was to push a social opinion." Uhm, no.

How was Safana "FUCKED UP", would you care to elaborate? So to you the inclusion of trans is among the main issues here? "And as if that wasnt enough, they didnt even bother to write them in a way they could blend in the world" - the writing aspect seems more like an afterthought here. It's best that we make it clear early on what you're fighting for.
    edited April 2016
    iasson said:

@MrGuse he mentioned immunity to criticism while beamdogs goes around deleting anything they dont like 24/7

I am not all knowing of course but I believe that your aggressive tone and use of coarse language is most likely why Beamdog is deleting your posts. If you took it a bit easier I'm sure we could enjoy a friendly chat on these topics.
    Ardul
  • AWizardDidItAWizardDidIt Member Posts: 197
    Hey OP, if you can give me one Safana quote you feel was poorly written or outside her character, then I'll respect your opinion. Because currently you're just reiterating tired boilerplate talking points that are apparently entirely uninformed.

If you can't actually provide context for your opinion, it deserves as much respect as my opinion on 1975 musical Nashville, a movie I have not seen or heard about until I just searched for a random movie.

Illustair
  • MrGuseMrGuse Member Posts: 30
    edited April 2016
    @iasson Dude, I can't find any freakin game talk because of all the threads criticizing one/all of them (or the equally cluttering, but well-meaning I suppose, support threads).
    Illustair
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    So he had the "pseudo intellectualism stops at finding weird names" crap coming right? Please don't get surprised if your posts will get censored, surely you realize that you've thrown curses directed at people, even insulted the first commenter who's been nothing but courteous albeit having a different view from yours.
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    iasson said:

@bayaz maybe they are not real Beamdog fans, but if he suggested we are not real BG fans, he can simply go fuck himself) with whatever sexual partner he feels comfortable with)

I would like to remind you that these forums are pg-13, please watch your language and see the site rules here: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/10852/site-rules-mind-the-gap
    JuliusBorisovArdul
  • skeptik_59skeptik_59 Member Posts: 38
    iasson said:

first of all take 1min to think about who is posting negative reviews here, on steam and on gog. potential customers and fellow gamers which you totally disregarded when you decided to make this game only to support a very specific agenda.

Do you really believe that the devs/writers are not aware that some potential customers would be unhappy with the creative choices those devs/writers chose to include in the game?

Myself, I would assume that all involved were well aware of the possible fallout from their choices and simply didn't care very much about that possibility. After all, they made the conscious decision to produce what it is they produced and I can't believe that all of them somehow made an uninformed decision on this issue.

It is much more likely, IMO, that the devs/writers simply didn't expect to sell any games to people who would object to whatever content it is that they might object to. I mean, heck, if you choose to include modern day social issues into a game, then you can [and should] reasonably expect that people who object to modern social issues being included in games will, in this case too, object to modern social issues being present in a game.

Producers pick a market which they want to sell their product to and I can't imagine that these devs/writers didn't know their market when they made any of the decisions that they made with regards to this game. That being the case, it appears that some potential customers out there simply weren't the market that the devs/writers sought to reach. Such is commerce.....

For people who don't fit into the market that the devs/writers sought to cater to, well, that's the way the cookie crumbles. If one isn't part of the target audience, well, that's just the way things are. One can't be part of every target audience, after all.
    Illustair
  • rjmacreadyrjmacready Member Posts: 91
    The view that the negative reviews are a deliberate smear campaign organised by a pathetic bunch of basement dwelling jerkoffs are peoples own opinions. Think about who it is thats voicing their views on this wave of negativity: customers. People who bought the game, were by and large very pleased with and dont appreciate seeing it and all the hard work the folks have done at beamdog dragged through the muck because some people out there, possibly with serious mental illnesses, cannot stand 30 seconds of basic dialogue whereby a persons trans identity is discussed.

Most mature adults, even those who didnt particularly care for that NPC like myself, simply shrugged and moved on from it when playing.

Im perfectly okay seeing negative reviews based on REAL concerns.

"I DIDNT WYKE DAT NPC. I MAYD ME FWEEL WEALLY BWAD!" isnt a shining example of this. Its exactly the kind of juvenile nonsense I see from the regressive feminist bridage many of these knuckle draggers claim to be opposed to.

Maybe they should have read the Nietzsche quote at the start of BG1. Its very apt.

Plenty of people have voiced their negative views on the game without resorting to that kind of nonsense.
    [Deleted User]
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239

The view that the negative reviews are a deliberate smear campaign organised by a pathetic bunch of basement dwelling jerkoffs are peoples own opinions. Think about who it is thats voicing their views on this wave of negativity: customers.

Not necessarily. Steam may force you to own a game before you can review it; neither GOG nor this forum have that requirement, as is evidenced by the truly ridiculous amount of people complaining about Safana being changed without having any idea what these alleged changes are.
    sparkleavkanisathaGuard81