Skip to content

May I have my money back?

After recently purchasing Baldur's Gate enhanced edition, and finding out that you have added a bisexual NPC to the game and having come across the following quote from one of your team writers:

“I consciously add as much diversity as I can to my writing and I don’t care if people think that’s “forced” or fake. I find choosing to write from a straight default just as artificial. I’m happy to be an SJW and I hope to write many Social Justice Games in the future” - Amber Scott

I can now understand why all this extra garbage has been added to what was once a great game and why your new expansion is even worse in this regard.

This is simply a discredit to the original Baldur's gate series and something that I personally will not tolerate.

While I purchased my game through steam. I feel that steam should not be Penalized for something that is directly Beamdog's fault.

I would like to have my 5.00 back please.

Comments

• SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    Steam has an in-built system for refunds. You have to fill a ticket via Steam Support. It's all there, use it.
  • fkirenicusfkirenicus Member Posts: 331
    Ridiculous if true. And no, I'm not talking about you, DanDFan.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    As far as I understand the NPC in question is in SoD, not BG:EE. Unless you somehow scored SoD for $5?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    I agree with Daevelon, what is the point of this? This isn't a discussion or a topic or anything really constructive? Steam has options for this sort of thing built in as was already mentioned. . . ?

I don't understand. . .
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    And Elminster once was turned to a woman! How can they dare to put him on a videogame???
  • fkirenicusfkirenicus Member Posts: 331
    edited April 2016
    No problems with neither bisexual, gay, transsexual, pansexual or anything else that's isn't outright illegal or completely demented. If Elminster was turned into a woman it shows he's as incompetent as Edwin. I have no problem with neither Hexxat or any other "not straight" character (in all senses of the word, she is after all Undead...). I don't get insulted by people who play the game using the Imoen romance either, even though some claim that's incestious (well, you're not biological siblings, right?). To each his own.
    Up to a certain point, that is.
    What I do have problems with are people who boast of their political correctness. People who think "I am a good person because I have the correct opinions about this and that." That's just silly. And if they use their position to force their values upon others that's about as irritating as religious fanatics (yes, many SJWs have a tendency to behave as irrational as religious fanatics. And Scott appears to be among those, IF the quotation in the opening post is true. I do not know if it is).
    Post edited by fkirenicus on
  • ChidojuanChidojuan Member Posts: 211
    @Grum Well spoken my friend. @DanDFan Just to be clear, no one is trying to attack you, we just feel that the forum is not the correct place for this.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,744
    @DanDFan The post you're mentioning in the OP, dates back to August, 2015. If you bought BGEE, you can rest assured - the things you are talking about are not in BGEE, because this game was released a lot earlier, and the author of that quote wasn't involved in creating BGEE.

If Elminster was turned into a woman it shows he's as incompetent as Edwin.

Not at all, he decided to become woman with the advice and help of Mystra.
    Anyway, no one is forced to believe in nothing in a game where you can actually kill that "politically correct" NPC if it's so annoying.
  • 00zim0000zim00 Member Posts: 267
    Daevelon said:

And Elminster once was turned to a woman! How can they dare to put him on a videogame???

Plz remove :'(

http://baldursgate.wikia.com/wiki/Girdle_of_Masculinity/Femininity
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    Troll.
    00zim00 said:

Daevelon said:

Plz remove :'(

Hey! I was sardonic, i hope that it's obvious for everybody :D
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Daevelon said:

If Elminster was turned into a woman it shows he's as incompetent as Edwin.

Not at all, he decided to become woman with the advice and help of Mystra.
    Anyway, no one is forced to believe in nothing in a game where you can actually kill that "politically correct" NPC if it's so annoying.
    It's been a couple years since I read "The Making of a Mage", but I thought Mystra transmogrified him more or less against his will. Granted, he rolled with it pretty easily, but I don't think they had a real discussion about it beforehand.
  • QuiqueQuique Member Posts: 62
    The argument that someone is trying to push some transgender agenda down our throats by having gay or bisexual characters is silly and somewhat paranoid:
    a) If your character fancies a heterosexual relationship and you cannot avoid picking up said NPCs into your party ('cause like me, you crave that elven chain), he just needs to reject the gay NPCs advances, you know, like you would do in the real world if a flirtatious gay person is interested in you and you are not interested, not in the mood for sexual exploration or not in college.
    b) The idea that the game is inclusive to teach us straight persons a lesson is also unfounded (though it could be a heathy sideffect IMHO). The game is inclusive to offer gay people (or everyone for that matter) a way to roleplay a gay character if they want to.
    When you launch a product to the market, you aim to sell it to as many people as it is possible, and "the market" includes every paying customer available, straight, gay, white, black, hispanic, conservative, progrerssive, etc. So being inclusive is a sound marketing policy.

If you are so moraly outraged by something that you would exclude yourself from having fun in order to prove a point/attempt to boycott something, you better be sure that the majority of the customers agree with you. If not, you'll miss the fun for nothing.

AND, last but not least, the Dorn advances in BGEE as so subtle that I thought we were party bros, I didn't realized I was being "romanced" until BG2 XD
    Dee said:

It's been a couple years since I read "The Making of a Mage", but I thought Mystra transmogrified him more or less against his will. Granted, he rolled with it pretty easily, but I don't think they had a real discussion about it beforehand.

You are right, she did without making him notice it, he (she?) figured it out later :D
    And of course in the beginning he didn't know why she did it, i just wrote a synthesis.
  • ArchaosArchaos Member Posts: 1,421
    edited April 2016
    Don't feed the obvious troll that is obvious.
    All of his threads have been flame-baits/trolling.

One post per thread, no actual criticism and nonsense reasons he didn't like it.
  • CutlassJackCutlassJack Member Posts: 493
    What happens between a man and his girdle of Femininity is her own business.
  • LoldrupLoldrup Member Posts: 291
    Aaezil said:

Glad that more bigots are leaving the community

seeyas! Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya :)

Wauw, you are demonizing another user, even though he very clearly stated that his problem isn't with 'otherness' (other sexuality, religion, race etc.) but rather with the 'let me teach you the right ways, because I know better'-attitude that lies in social justice warfare?
  • DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508
    This entire argument just makes me facepalm.
This discussion has been closed.