Skip to content

[Spoiler] Bridgefort quest help

Im at the point of either attacking the crusade at Bridgefort or having the fort surrender. Khalid keeps telling me to tell him when the flaming fist forces are ready to attack. I can't seem to find a way to get the flaming fist involved. What am I missing? Neither Khalid or Corwin are in my party. Is this necessary?

Comments

• PurudayaPurudaya Member Posts: 816
    Go back to where the fist are camped and (I believe) talk to Corwin.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641

Part of the dialog chain with Khalid after accessing the fort is that you're at the head of an army come to help.

You identify to Khalid that your best bet is to get the army involved in helping to hold bridgefort and drive off the Crusade.

Ok, so you're in Bridgefort and you want to tell the army to come help...where would you go?

How about back to camp! :)

You're looking for one of the Leutenants. Either Corwin if she's not in your party or another female soldier standing nearby who should be able to help you move things along...
  • ManBearPigManBearPig Member Posts: 34
    I've tried all this. Talked to Khalid first. Went back to the camp. Talked to Corwin and Otilda. No options to get the flaming fist up to the fort. As an aside, no problems with having Khalid surrendering or me just attacking the crusaders. I'm more curious as to the outcome if I can get the flaming fist to help in a big battle. As far as I know I've completed every other quest up to this point.
    Got rid of the level drain rock, cleared the spider cave and temple of bhaal.
    @ManBearPig

Ok, lets do it this way. In spoiler below I"m going to detail a high level quest progression. Let me know if/where things fell down so we can continue investigating..

* You enter bridgefort by the teleport circle and Khalid and one of his Leutenants immediately open a dialog with you.
    * The end result of that dialog is "Go talk with Hillcarver and Hess"
    * You talk with Hillcarver (dwarf) who talks about "if we surrendered, I'd blow up the supplies so the crusade doesn't get many.
    * You talk with Hess who starts the "Spellstone" quest.
    * You can now talk with Khalid (on the ramparts). Khalid's Conversation breaks into a couple options:
    * * Tell Khalid to start the fight right now.
    * * Tell Khalid to Surrender the fort Right now.
    * * Tell Khalid you're going back to the Flaming Fist for Reinforcements
    * * Tell Khalid you need to think about it.

Ignoring the final option, the first two start the battle for bridgefort immediately without Flaming Fist support, so I assume you picked option 3 and told Khalid you were going for reinforcements.

Once you get back to the flaming fist camp in the troll claw woods, you'll talk to either Otilda or Corwin (Otilda if Corwin is in party, Corwin if not)
    * They'll go through conversation options where you can say:
    * * I want to lead the FF, lets march now.
    * * I want to lead Bridgefort, wait till we start the battle.

If you choose that you want to march now, you appear at the head of the FF army and you get transitioned to the bridgefort zone and the battle for bridgefort begins. The Bridgefort defenders will join the battle shortly after it commenses and the flaming fist will join the battle immediately.

If you choose that you want to lead bridgefort in the battle you must then return to Khalid and tell him that you've talked with the FF and you're ready to start the battle for Bridgefort. That will trigger the battle start and shortly thereafter the FF will show up and engage.

In any case, you will end up starting the battle and your helpers (Bridgefort, FF or both) will come in shortly after that battle start.

Let me know what isn't happening for you.
    filcat88
  • gforcefangforcefan Member Posts: 5
    I have the exact same bug. Corwin is in my party. Otilda does not have the proper dialogue options after telling Khalid to wait.
    Everything is correct until I get to the flaming fist camp in the troll claw woods. I do not have corwin in the party. I do not have either of the two options available with Corwin (or Otilda). I ended up going with the surrender route with Khalid and Hillcarver destroyed the supplies. I did keep a save before to try and figure this out though.
  • GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    Did you recruit Corwin on that map or on the previous one?
    I recruited Corwin at the first available time.
    I did recruit Corwin on the first map but dismissed her as soon as I found M'khriin (probably spelled that wrong). I did not dismiss her on the troll claw or bridgefort map.
    I tried to drop Corwin from the party. When I talk to her, she keeps telling me to secure the fort's help first. But I already did and Khalid is still waiting for me to get the flaming fist's help.
  • helmo1977helmo1977 Member Posts: 364
    edited April 2016
    Are you sure you have talked to the two people Khalid told you to talk? Once that is done talk to Khalid again. He will be on the battlefronts. You can access them going south west from were you first arrived at the fort. It seems like a wall, but it is a big door. Once out, look for Khalid. If you cant find them perhaps you have run into an infamous bug that can just be solved respawning Khalid via console.

Once you have spoken to Khalid return to the flamig fist camp and talk to liutenent Oneida (or something like that)
    Yes. I spoke to the smith and the wizard. I completed the wizard's quest where I needed a special item. The dwarf gave me an alternate path, but I chose to fight. Went back to Khalid. He says to get the FF, but they won't come. Otilda won't give me the proper option.

I can start the fight myself, but the fort defenders get slaughtered before the FF arrive.
  • jonusiescujonusiescu Member Posts: 6
    edited April 2016
    I have a problem with this quest too. When
    stone falls
    , Khalid always dies, no matter what. I tried to load game and try again, but nothing changed and because of this, I can't progress. Can someone help me, or at last give me the the code to summon Khalid by console? I can't check this myself (Steam version).

Image for proof (spoiler of course):

• MrGuseMrGuse Member Posts: 30
    edited April 2016
    @jonusiescu Cast Negative Plane Protection on Khalid before talking to the mage that gets the sickening stone hurled at you. Problem solved.

Alternatively, you could just raid the Crusade camp yourself if you're bold enough. ;)
  • jonusiescujonusiescu Member Posts: 6
    @MrGuse Thanks, spell worked. :)
  • EruanionEruanion Member Posts: 2
    @Illydth

I finished everything contained in your spoiler list of quest sequence, I have Corwyin in my party since the first time it was possible. Khalid use to have an option to "* * Tell Khalid you're going back to the Flaming Fist for Reinforcements" however I selected the 4th option, to think about it since I wasn't done with another quest. After I finished up the cleric being secretly a servant of vasharoon quest he now only has 3 dialogue options:

Going back to the FF camp Lt Otilda has only 2 dialogue options:

* * So many things, yet only a fraction of what I want to see. I'll be heading out again soon.
    * * Nothing I care to share with you.

So it seems I cannot get the joint attack going.
    NamelessOne13
  • MiraStastnyMiraStastny Member Posts: 813
    Yeah, I have the exact same bug, any solutions yet?
  • KerOfErebusKerOfErebus Member Posts: 12
    Same issue. I'm not sure what's going on in the scripts, but it appears that bd_bf_attack isn't being set at all as far as I can see and that's the variable that is checked for the dialogue for the attack. Work-around using the console:

C:SetGlobal("bd_bf_attack", "GLOBAL", 1)

I have no idea if it'd mess up anything, but it'll give the dialogue.
    EruanionCARV3RNugrud
  • EruanionEruanion Member Posts: 2
    How do you use the console @KerOfErebus in this game btw? I haven't found any baldur.ini file to turn debug on to allow the use of the console via the ~ key, or CTRL-Space. Also thank you for the research into this issue you clua console command might finally allow me to continue my game without surrendering the fort (which I definitely do not want to do :-) )
    edited April 2016
    @Eruanion You're having trouble finding the baldur.ini file? In Windows, at least, it's C:\Users\Username\Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\Baldur.ini. Whether or not it's still there in any other OS is questionable.

And if you didn't already know - the line to add is: 'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1',
  • lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    With the new version you need to modify the baldur.LUA file in the same location with the line :

SetPrivateProfileString('Program Options','Debug Mode','1')
    SpaceInvader
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    I attacked the crusaders alone, because I didn't want the help from Bridgefort or the FF.
    Apparently they joined the battle anyway after a couple of minutes or so.
    lansounet

I attacked the crusaders alone, because I didn't want the help from Bridgefort or the FF.
    Apparently they joined the battle anyway after a couple of minutes or so.

Whoops. I focused far too much on getting the dialogue to work than in actually fixing the problem, which is to get the attack working instead of surrendering. I'm so embarrassed. Especially since that's what I did in my first runthrough. :blush:
  • NamelessOne13NamelessOne13 Member Posts: 10
    Eruanion said:

@Illydth

I finished everything contained in your spoiler list of quest sequence, I have Corwyin in my party since the first time it was possible. Khalid use to have an option to "* * Tell Khalid you're going back to the Flaming Fist for Reinforcements" however I selected the 4th option, to think about it since I wasn't done with another quest. After I finished up the cleric being secretly a servant of vasharoon quest he now only has 3 dialogue options:

Going back to the FF camp Lt Otilda has only 2 dialogue options:

* * So many things, yet only a fraction of what I want to see. I'll be heading out again soon.
    * * Nothing I care to share with you.

So it seems I cannot get the joint attack going.

I have the exact same problem. No fix yet?
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    You need to tell Khalid that you decided to fight, and then tell him to wait. Then you can go tell the camp to help bridgefort.
  • NamelessOne13NamelessOne13 Member Posts: 10
    ThacoBell said:

You need to tell Khalid that you decided to fight, and then tell him to wait. Then you can go tell the camp to help bridgefort.

Thanks but that didn't work.

In the end I started the battle by myself. In the middle of it, reinforcements arrived :-)
    @NamelessOne13 If you say the wrong dialogue choice to soon, it locks you out of being able to warn your camp.
    @ThacoBell @NamelessOne13, I know I'm a bit late on this but can one of you file this as a bug please?

Process should be identified on the board for filing this in Redmine.
    JuliusBorisov
    edited December 2016
    sure
    *EDIT* I'm having some difficulty reporting. I can view reported bugs, but I can't see where to report them myself. Neither can I find where/how to register. I have not recreated this behaviour everytime, so if someone has/can pinpoint the exact choice that causes the odd behaviour?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @ThacoBell

You can log in at http://support.baldursgate.com/login, if you haven't registered, then you should visit http://support.baldursgate.com/account/register
    ThacoBell