Skip to content

Re-enable Dual Wielding Throwing Weapons

kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
With the new 2.0 patch, Ranged weapons in the offhand are no longer usable with a ranged weapon in the main-hand. Ranged weapons in the offhand should not be disabled because the main-hand weapon is ranged, but instead only if the main-hand weapon is two-handed.

Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    What? Since when were ranged weapons ever usable in the off-hand?
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    They never were to my knowledge.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    April Fools!!!!!!!!!
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    Equipping them requires modding, hence "Feature Request", not "Bug Report".
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    kjeron said:

Equipping them requires modding, hence "Feature Request", not "Bug Report".

I did not know that you could do that!

So, what was the effect? If you had throwing knives in the offhand and throwing axes in the main hand, did you throw both?

So, what was the effect? If you had throwing knives in the offhand and throwing axes in the main hand, did you throw both?

It only works on BGEE 1.3 anymore:
    It took two separate version of each Throwing weapon, one for mainhand, one for off-hand, to equip them in each slot, but they could both be equipped through the inventory screen, thrown at range, and properly decrement their quantity.
    Mainhand Throwing Weapons -> Equipped in Ammo slot, with no launcher requirement. This bypasses checking the off-hand for a weapon, so you can equip a ranged weapon while you have a weapon in the offhand.
    Offhand Throwing Weapons -> Equipped in Shield slot. Enforcing this slot in itemtype.2da bypasses checking the items ability type, allowing ranged weapons to be equipped in the offhand.

Animating them properly required combining some item-types, since there are limited item-types that animate pre-2.0.
  • PteranPteran Member Posts: 388
    kjeron said:

It only works on BGEE 1.3 anymore:
    It took two separate version of each Throwing weapon, one for mainhand, one for off-hand, to equip them in each slot, but they could both be equipped through the inventory screen, thrown at range, and properly decrement their quantity.
    Mainhand Throwing Weapons -> Equipped in Ammo slot, with no launcher requirement. This bypasses checking the off-hand for a weapon, so you can equip a ranged weapon while you have a weapon in the offhand.
    Offhand Throwing Weapons -> Equipped in Shield slot. Enforcing this slot in itemtype.2da bypasses checking the items ability type, allowing ranged weapons to be equipped in the offhand.

Animating them properly required combining some item-types, since there are limited item-types that animate pre-2.0.
    Wait, so if I stuffed my Quiver slots full of Throwing Daggers via EEKeeper, I could equip a melee weapon in my off-hand, and I'd attack with both?
    Pteran said:

Wait, so if I stuffed my Quiver slots full of Throwing Daggers via EEKeeper, I could equip a melee weapon in my off-hand, and I'd attack with both?

I do not know if EEkeeper just puts them in the slot or actually equips them, but if it does then yes. You wouldn't be able to re-equip them if you switched to another weapon slot though without going through EEkeeper again.
  • cognoscentuscognoscentus Member Posts: 65
    Since when exactly, did quiver slots accept throwing daggers? Never?