Skip to content

Unsubscribe

SmaugSmaug Member Posts: 216
edited April 2016 in Feature Requests
Can we please get an unsubscribe from individual discussion feature on the forums here? I'm participating in several discussions and would like to see notifications for those, but I made the mistake of participating in several other discussions whose topics are the recent SoD drama. The notification system has been rendered useless; I logged on today and I have 613 notifications. I'd wager that 609 of them are additions to the drama conversations I don't really care to read.

Please, for the love of god, add an unsubscribe widget. The plugin to unsubscribe from threads used to work great on my desktop, but it doesn't work on mobile.
Post edited by Smaug on

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SmaugSmaug Member Posts: 216
    edited April 2016

Go to preferences - notifications. You can remove notifications for discussions you've commented in.

As I said, I don't want that. I want to receive notifications for threads where I ask questions, but don't want to be inundated w/ notifications about people throwing out their 2 cents about trans characters. The solution is an unsubscribe on a thread-by-thread basis feature, not a binary notification or no notification system that's global.
    Shandyr said:

I'm not sure what you mean.

Are you talking about the bookmark feature?
    You can just bookmark a bookmarked thread again and then it's removed from your bookmarks.

Press the star symbol again.

No that's not what I'm talking about. I'm aware of the bookmarking feature.
    edited April 2016
    Shandyr said:

@Smaug
    that is what the bookmarking feature is for. Or do I misunderstand something?

You can bookmark and unbookmark threads on an individual base.

I have 0 bookmarks, but I still receive notifications for threads in which I have commented b/c I have the "notification for threads in which I commented" preference turned on. I feel this shouldn't be the case, I should be able to unsubscribe from a discussion even though I've commented in it.
    Post edited by Smaug on
    edited April 2016

For threads, you can turn off/on notification for
    1. threads you've made
    2. threads you've bookmarked
    3. threads you've commented in

There's no unsubscribing from threads you've commented in. The only way would be to turn off notification for all threads you've commented in then bookmark the ones you want notification from.

Ah that's my bad for not realizing I could have been using bookmarks in combination w/ the notifications like that and for not understanding the full implications of the several comments on the bookmark system. Thanks for pointing out my error.
    Apologies all around for not fully grasping the bookmark and notification manipulation you guys were all pointing me at. Thanks for the input.