Skip to content

SOD Bug list

Here is a list of the many bugs which I have encountered in SOD so far.

Mikhiin: I encountered M'khiin in the game and added her to my party for the first time. It gave her 161000 xp and list her as 7th level, but where it says next level under xp there is a -1. Also in grey it says "ready to level up" to the right of the character screen, but the button to press to level up is not activated and I thus cannot level her up. Also, it lists her as having a 4th level spell yet says she can cast 0/0 4th level spells per day. This is a major bug that effectively prevents me from having this new character in the party if she cannot level up and gain in power. I added her later and she had 200,000 xp points but was still level 7 and couldn't level up.

Selection Circles: Changed to Classic but they keep reverting back, and now they stay on the new ones whether I have Classic selected or not.

Difficulty Level: Playing on Throne of Bhaal Difficulty. Going to Chapter 9 the difficulty level changed from Throne of Bhaal to Insane. It isn't supposed to be able to change.

If I don't have Rasaad in my party going into Chapter 9, he doesn't appear in my camp and I can't recruit him.

Please work on with a patch good folks at Beamdog!

Comments

• GloomfrostGloomfrost Member Posts: 261
    edited April 2016
    I hope a cohesive list can be made for SOD. I will add to this thread in the future.

My Barbarian just got held by the targeted web attack by a Gargantuan Spider. Clearly i was in the Barbarian Rage state which is supposed to grant immunity to this type of hold. It shows "Webbed" on the portrait screen and "Webbed" shows up on the character condition above all the other effects Barbarian Rage is supposed to grant.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    edited April 2016

I hope a cohesive list can be made for SOD. I will add to this thread in the future.

My Barbarian just got held by the targeted web attack by a Gargantuan Spider. Clearly i was in the Barbarian Rage state which is supposed to grant immunity to this type of hold. It shows "Webbed" on the portrait screen and "Webbed" shows up on the character condition above all the other effects Barbarian Rage is supposed to grant.

That's not correct. Rage makes you immune to mind type hold spells (Hold Person) etc, other mental based spells and level drain. It doesn't make you immune to being trapped by physical means such as a web attack.

Wiki: Rage also gives immunity to all charm, hold, fear, maze, confusion and level-drain spells
    The key word here is 'spells'.
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    All bugs are best reported according to "How to Report Bugs"

You can view and search reported bugs for SoD in Redmine.
  • NhullNhull Member Posts: 37
    Cerevant,

I've got an issue since the patch where it feels like there is a stutter for potentially cache or garbage collection, that was not present in BGEE or BG2EE.

I get it on both of my computers, but its not something I can replicate. No mods installed but I dont know if it should be reported in RedMine as a bug?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • fenrirwolfsbornfenrirwolfsborn Member Posts: 13
    edited April 2016
    Bug List updated: *Minor Spoilers*

Difficulty Level: Playing on Throne of Bhaal Difficulty, the difficulty seems at random times to revert to Insane which then leaves you unable to reselect Throne of Bhaal difficulty unless you start the whole game over!

When ready to fight the crusaders at Boareskyr Bridge, going back to the Flaming Fist Camp to get their help, the person you are supposed to talk to is not there, so you cannot enlist Flaming Fist aid.

In the same area Khalid sometimes vanishes on the fort walls forever, assumed killed, so you can never start the battle.

Mikhiin: I encountered M'khiin in the game and added her to my party for the first time. It gave her 161000 xp and list her as 7th level, but where it says next level under xp there is a -1. Also in grey it says "ready to level up" to the right of the character screen, but the button to press to level up is not activated and I thus cannot level her up. Also, it lists her as having a 4th level spell yet says she can cast 0/0 4th level spells per day. This is a major bug that effectively prevents me from having this new character in the party if she cannot level up and gain in power. I added her later and she had 200,000 xp points but was still level 7 and couldn't level up.

Selection Circles: Changed to Classic but they keep reverting back, and now they stay on the new ones whether I have Classic selected or not.

Green Dragon breathes poison damage, but being immune to poison you still receive full damage.

If I don't have Rasaad in my party going into Chapter 9, he doesn't appear in my camp and I can't recruit him.

There is several major bugs here, in fact too many to play the game in this state sadly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on