Skip to content

Quick Save 1, Quick Save 2... etc.etc.etc. Whhhhhyyy???

Hello!

With the latest patch i noticed that every time you quicksave another save slot pops up, e.g. "quick save 1", "quick save 2" etc.etc.etc.

Does anyone know why this is so? :-)

Comments

• woowoovoodoowoowoovoodoo Member Posts: 150
    It's a concept of N rolling quick saves. So, if you've just quicksaved before things seriously went south and you can't do anything about it and you're really upset... then you have a backup option in a form of an earlier quicksave that was left by developers, just for you. There are, kind, 5 saves and when you save the sixth one, the oldest goes into the Abyss.
  • MWOMWO Member Posts: 214
    Thanks for the answer :-)
  • PhilhelmPhilhelm Member Posts: 473
    While it does provide more saving "security," I think that it is a bit excessive. I generally use a regular save before and after a quest, and quick save while doing the quest. We already have the auto save feature too, which I have also used if something went south. I think that having so many quick save files is a bit much, especially since the game prevents saving while enemies are sighted.
  • MWOMWO Member Posts: 214
    Should be an option imo.
  • Granas3Granas3 Member Posts: 41
    There's only ever 4 quicksaves at a time, they get overwritten in a rotation. It's kinda like how modern games make a new autosave every 5 minutes or whatever. Considering how many bugs there STILL are in the original BG that you need to revert to fix (Coran's Wyverns anyone?), this can only be a good thing IMO.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    @MWO "Quick Save 1, Quick Save 2... etc.etc.etc. " - actually, there're only 4 quick saves, not the infinite number of them.

If you want the previous behaviour, use the @elminster 's mod - https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/49757/mod-to-have-only-1-quicksave#latest
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    I don't see any advantage to only having 1 save.
  • Diomedes33Diomedes33 Member Posts: 144
    Beamdog had to throw in a troll somewhere
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    Philhelm said:

While it does provide more saving "security," I think that it is a bit excessive. I generally use a regular save before and after a quest, and quick save while doing the quest. We already have the auto save feature too, which I have also used if something went south. I think that having so many quick save files is a bit much, especially since the game prevents saving while enemies are sighted.

There is a mod that fixes that. I think it works for BG2EE. Might want to check...

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/49757/mod-to-have-only-1-quicksave