Skip to content

I do not like the simplification of character details in Inventory UI

123457»

Comments

• cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    lroumen said:

Does not matter that it does not happen on your side. If it happens with other pcs that meet the requirements it is an issue.

100% agree, it was not my intention to make it sound like a non-issue, just wanted to follow up with a question that was asked of me.
    illathid
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    It's not about denying it is an issue, but having people not being affected by it may be a clue to solve it by finding out what's different
    Hurricaneillathid
  • FranpaFranpa Member Posts: 637

It's not about denying it is an issue, but having people not being affected by it may be a clue to solve it by finding out what's different

And one way of doing that is having the person not affected and those that are affected, report their system specifications.
  • fkirenicusfkirenicus Member Posts: 331
    ilhdr said:

Is it just me who can't barely see a diference?

Yes, I would think so! Look at the pictures provided in the answer just below your post.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Can redmine be used to report the different behaviours?
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    If it helps my full system specs are:

AMD FX-8350 CPU (overclocked to 4.2 GHz)
    GeForce GTX 760 GPU (Driver version 364.51)
    16 GB RAM
    Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit

If someone has a link to the redmine issue I will post this there as well.
  • DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508
    AMD FX 6000+ CPU(3.1Ghz)
    AMD Radeon HD4850 512MB
    2 GB PC2100 DDR2 DRAM
    Windows 7 64-Bit

Yes, I know my computer is crap. But this (and the area map overlay) are the only things that cause any drop in framerate whatsoever.
  • GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    I get the feeling of unresponsiveness from the inventory.

Specs :
    Intel i5 2500k 3.3 GHz
    GeForce GTX 960
    8Go of ram
    Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit

I can probably record it, is it worth doing though?
    edited April 2016

I get the feeling of unresponsiveness from the inventory.

Specs :
    Intel i5 2500k 3.3 GHz
    GeForce GTX 960
    8Go of ram
    Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit

I can probably record it, is it worth doing though?

It'd be hard to convey without using a video camera to record the screen and your hand holding the mouse and clicking the button to give an indication of the unresponsivness. If you are in a position to record like that, sure go ahead. Alternatively you could just place a microphone next to the mouse button to pickup the mouse clicking audio to indicate when you click and when something happens on screen in response to your click.
  • GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    Just thinking of a comparison between and item that doesn't require inventory highlight and an item that does.
  • DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508
    It's a microfreeze. The game completely locks up for a split second while the game loads the overlay that tints the character portraits. It also makes it difficult to double click items to split stacks, or sell multiple items since the microfreeze almost lasts long enough for the time between clicks to not qualify as a 'double click'.
  • TvrtkoSvrdlarTvrtkoSvrdlar Member Posts: 353
    I've been having the same problem, and it goes away if I replace the new and advanced AI scripts with one of the older ones. The funny thing is that if even ONE of the SIX partymembers has the new AI+, the problem will persist. So, in order to regain smooth responsiveness, I've had to give the entire crew older AI like Standard Attack, Wizard Aggressive, etc. etc., which is a shame because the new and advanced AI that came with SoD is really friggin good! It finally manages to cast higher-level spells at appropriate enemies, and won't waste things like magic missiles on near-dead 2HP goblins.

Shame it causes so much delay when I want to shuffle inventory. :/
    dib
    edited April 2016
    That's an interesting revelation TvrtkoSvrdlar.
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    Did some venturing today with SoD ... My party taken over from final save had no new ai assigned, except for safana who replaced imoen. So I have one Advanced ai active and don't experience any lag at all in inventory handling so far (did a lot of shuffling items after starting sod) on my machine, being a thinkpad t520, some 4 year old i7 dual core, 8gb of ram, win7 64bit, Intel graphics (could activate the nvidia GPU, but Intel just runs fine for baldura gate, and cooler, so...).

So sorry for blurring clues again ...
    Can someone here post a late Save Game so I can have something to mess around with? Thanks.
  • frede957frede957 Member Posts: 7
    More Dungeon theme and less Simplifying. I just like the old Interface more and I can't get my self to play it with the new one... It just feel wrong... Don't get me wrong I am eternally grateful to your guys for taking up this forgotten gem and doing something good too it, and keep up the cool work. But still, in the end I rather want it too be as close to the original as possible :smile:
    fkirenicus