Skip to content

Won't Be Purchasing Dragonspear

Im sure that this is not really important to the devs but I want to at least voice my opinion on the topic as Baldur's Gate is one of my all time favorite RPGs from the very beginning. Take it for what its worth.

Using an RPG, a classic RPG with decades of history behind it is NOT the place to put forth some kind of lesson on the transgender issue. It is certainly not the place for someone who obviously has an agenda to push that agenda down the customers throats.

Keep your social justice BS to yourselves and out of our classic RPG. Beamdog has really lost alot of credibility on this expansion and I will not be buying nor buying any future expansions.

Really sad.

Comments

• stardog765stardog765 Member Posts: 48
    Not a troll, just a long time fan of the series voicing his opinion.
    Sorry you don't think its valid just because you don't agree with it.

I have supported and bought everything Beamdog have done with this series gladly so I think that gives me the right to voice my opinion on their current direction.

• LorvaylinLorvaylin Member Posts: 44
    edited April 2016
    I'm with you stardog (and also a high % of BG fan base), I've also asked for a refund on my collectors edition.

it's such a shame all I wanted was a bloody BG game not an interactive pamphlet from the far left.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Im sure that this is not really important to the regressive anti-equality group but I want to at least voice my opinion on the topic as Baldur's Gate is one of my all time favorite RPGs from the very beginning. Take it for what its worth.

Using an forum, a classic RPG-forum with years of history behind it is NOT the place to put forth some kind of lesson on regressive anti-equilaty. It is certainly not the place for someone who obviously has an agenda to push that agenda down the community's throats.

Keep your anti-equality and regressive BS to yourselves and out of our classic forum. Internet's most regressive boys has really lost alot of credibility with these childish reviews and I will not be reading nor read any future posts.

Really sad.

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,727
    Everyone can voice their opinion, as long as it doesn't contradict to the site rules.

And this particular opinion, while being sad, doesn't violate anything.

Sorry for you, @stardog765 , maybe you'll change your view one day.
    Exactly! Why in the world would they think that this is the place to push that kind of agenda?

I would imagine the lines of support for this go right down generational lines too. One side thinks keep your social issues to yourself and out of our classic RPG and the other side feel everything is an opportunity to push their liberal social agenda. Unfortunately all they are doing is ruining one of the all time greatest RPGs.

No one is going to all the sudden say hey ya know what I think this game changed my views on the whole transgender/mental illness issue. SO WHY BOTHER!

• WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    There is a major thread here specific to Beamdogs stance on this - sure would be nice if people would use it instead of starting a gazillion new threads on the same old tired topic just to make it "personal"
    bengoshi said:

Everyone can voice their opinion, as long as it doesn't contradict to the site rules.

And this particular opinion, while being sad, doesn't violate anything.

Sorry for you, @stardog765 , maybe you'll change your view one day.

This is my point why do you care about my opinions on this matter? Why do you need to try and teach me a social lesson through the game? How about they just make a great story in the spirit of BG and we all just keep our views on social issue to ourselves? I would be perfectly happy with that.

Don't be sorry for me, I dont need to change my views and I dont need some RPG writer with an agenda try to change them for me.

Sorry, I will this where it is now. I have voiced my opinion and that is what my intention was.

• RodrianRodrian Member Posts: 426
    @stardog765 as far as I know, there will be an update coming soon, which will put some RP/story related improvements to existing problems (which, they are not problems at all IMO) so maybe, in nearest future, you could find an actual fun while playing SoD.
    The rest of the story is certainly worth of attention :blush:

PLEASE, DON'T CROSS "SOD" OVER YET! DON'T DO THIS TO YOURSELF!
  • LorvaylinLorvaylin Member Posts: 44
    Skatan said:

Im sure that this is not really important to the regressive anti-equality group but I want to at least voice my opinion on the topic as Baldur's Gate is one of my all time favorite RPGs from the very beginning. Take it for what its worth.

Using an forum, a classic RPG-forum with years of history behind it is NOT the place to put forth some kind of lesson on regressive anti-equilaty. It is certainly not the place for someone who obviously has an agenda to push that agenda down the community's throats.

Keep your anti-equality and regressive BS to yourselves and out of our classic forum. Internet's most regressive boys has really lost alot of credibility with these childish reviews and I will not be reading nor read any future posts.

Really sad.

Most of the people with complaints like myself have played through BGEE and BG2EE numerous times without cause to get angry, SoD is so transparently agenda driven it's almost like the politics was the driving factor and the actual game was an after thought. what the hell has BG EVER had to do with 'equality' or 'progressiveness'?? can someone please tell me? I feel like I've entered the twilight zone this last week
  • Grimo88Grimo88 Member Posts: 191

Im sure that this is not really important to the devs but I want to at least voice my opinion on the topic as Baldur's Gate is one of my all time favorite RPGs from the very beginning. Take it for what its worth.

Using an RPG, a classic RPG with decades of history behind it is NOT the place to put forth some kind of lesson on the transgender issue. It is certainly not the place for someone who obviously has an agenda to push that agenda down the customers throats.

Keep your social justice BS to yourselves and out of our classic RPG. Beamdog has really lost alot of credibility on this expansion and I will not be buying nor buying any future expansions.

Really sad.

I think your last line really sums up this post well.
  • PurudayaPurudaya Member Posts: 816
    Lorvaylin said:

Skatan said:

Really sad.

what the hell has BG EVER had to do with 'equality' or 'progressiveness'?? can someone please tell me? I feel like I've entered the twilight zone this last week
    You and me both, but for drastically different reasons. As others have said, there are a few uber threads to choose from where this is already being discussed at length.
  • Grimo88Grimo88 Member Posts: 191

Sorry you don't think its valid just because you don't agree with it.

• FidlrFidlr Member Posts: 10
    edited April 2016
    You are entitled to hold your oppinion. But Social issues are not uncommon in the "Forgotten Realms" universe. Subjects such as rape, racism, infidelity, hate crimes, diesese, poverty, bigotry, gay people and so forth, have been written about. I haven't played the new DLC yet, but i've heard that some of the writing is poorly made. But that won't stop me from bying it. And if you are worried about any future realeses, im sure the Devs are open to critizism and suggestions as long as it is constructive. :)
  • DetectiveMittensDetectiveMittens Member Posts: 235
    I'd still play the game though.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    There's numerous threads about this topic, and @stardog765 has said they don't wish to discuss it further. I'm closing this thread now, not because we don't want to hear differing opinions, but because those opinions shouldn't serve as a target for ridicule. People are different, folks. And that's okay.
This discussion has been closed.