Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

We need your feedback on the new forum text editor switch.
Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

what is with this game being stupidly hard even on easy.

Comments

• joluvjoluv Member Posts: 1,941
  • ZapthecatZapthecat Member Posts: 14
    If you include a scald bard and a cleric, use haste and a few buff spells before a fight, eventually cast protection from fire on a berzerker/barbarian tank that uses his fury and then load the zone with fireballs it should allow you to win most fights in the game ;p

• Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 3,706
    Zapthecat said:

If you include a scald bard and a cleric, use haste and a few buff spells before a fight, eventually cast protection from fire on a berzerker/barbarian tank that uses his fury and then load the zone with fireballs it should allow you to win most fights in the game ;p

If you load Feldepost's Inn with fireballs your reputation is going to take a nasty hit . . .

• ShandyrShandyr Member Posts: 8,263
    edited August 28
    The thread is from April 2016. The thread opener was last active in April 2016.

@joluv gave a reasonable answer back in 2016 with which the issue of this thread was resolved more or less.

And now, more than two years later, comes this:
    Zapthecat said:

Isn't that even quite odd an advise, as @Permidion_Stark pointed out, to load Feldepost's Inn with fireballs?
    And who usually has a scald bard and a berzerker/barbarian in their party and several fireballs at their disposal at that point of the game?

That advice seems so odd to me. Wouldn't you have inquired first what the party of the OP was and THEN have given an advise based on that (if you really wanted to solve the situation by fighting) ?

Edit: Ah I see, the thread was in the French subforum. That's why it wasn't buried deeply within the forum.

Post edited by Shandyr on
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 3,743
    i find this post ironic, just the other day, someone was saying this game is way too easy, and now someone is talking about it being way too hard, most interesting indeed

• MonotremataMonotremata Member Posts: 62
    Sure having played the game before makes it easier but.. One bad dice roll at the right time and things can still go south really quick for anybody.

• Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 3,670
    edited August 29

Sure having played the game before makes it easier but.. One bad dice roll at the right time and things can still go south really quick for anybody.

Not really. You may choose to take risks in order to make the game more exciting, but for experienced players there are very few situations where any risk at all is actually necessary (at least in the unmodded game).

• fluke13fluke13 Member Posts: 272
    I found the game really hard when I first played it back in the day. I basically got through using every exploit I could find .. a lot of scouts playing chase, use of doors and area jumping.

• ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 383

Which only sets you back to your last save, which was probably seconds, maybe even minutes ago.