Skip to content

What are your IRL stats!?

Comments

• Hi_Its_Me_Imoen1Hi_Its_Me_Imoen1 Member Posts: 15
    Con: 6 -I've had multiple chronic illnesses, have allergies and catch pretty much every bug I come across. And with all that I don't always exercise much.
    Str: 8 -In fairness this would probably be more average if I didn't get sick so much and could actually get out and exercise more.
    Dex:10
    Int: 11 - I get A's but not without effort
    Wis: 13 - This would be my strongest point, I've always been sensible and it's pretty much increased with age and experiance, and strength of will has never been a problem (though this sort of thing is a little hard to judge for yourself, even if you take into account what other people have said)
    Cha: 10 -I can deliver a good oral presentation but I am pretty reserved, and I'm neither ugly nor beautiful

Of course it's not really possible to make completely accurate judgments of yourself but, meh, it's just a bit of fun. If I made these stats into a character in game I'd probably up int and wis by 1 and then I'd have to be either a cleric or a sorcerer.. or one weak mage.

• LinkamusLinkamus Member Posts: 221
    Str: 9
    Dex: 16
    Con: 9
    Int: 15
    Wis: 15
    Cha: 11

Guess I should roll myself as a cleric/mage/thief ??
  • SensukiSensuki Member Posts: 19
    edited September 2012
    Str 8
    Dex 8
    Con 8
    Int 8
    Wis 8
    Cha 8

Human Male Commoner.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/384906_10150427368931376_938721944_n.jpg

I think I'd be a good BG2 Gravedigger when I'm 60.
  • triclops41triclops41 Member Posts: 207

@triclops41, I think that quantitative and analytical ability are the perfect representation of INT. The GRE (Graduate Record Examination) and MAT (Miller Analogies Test) in real life agree.

You don't get to rate your own intelligence. You either have the ability to tackle problems, remember data, and solve puzzles, or you don't. And we all have it to greater or lesser degree.

I would agree that equating wisdom with verbal ability is problematic, as I think that should also be a function of intelligence.

Still, I don't buy self-reported evaluations, since they are not actual representations of aptitudes, but rather an anecdotal expression of ego.

I still would like to see people reporting their results of attempts at objective psychological testing here, and also their evaluations of the various testing tools and their effectiveness, and why they think it is a good test or not.

I am not trying to get into a debate about the validity of testing for g factor, general intelligence. The usefulness of tests like the SAT, MAT, GRE, etc. is often vastly overrated, but these tests are relatively fair enough measures of intelligence for something silly like what we are doing.

You sound like a psych major, so was I. So you know the reason self-reporting is so common in psychometrics; its a much more practical means of getting enough participation.
  • EpitomyofShynessEpitomyofShyness Member Posts: 113
    @belgarathmth I decided to take those tests, here are the results.

http://www.angelfire.com/dragon/terragf/back/xstattest.html

STR - 3
    DEX - 8
    CON - 7
    INT - 9/8
    WIS - 10
    CHA - 11

http://www.easydamus.com/character.html

Strength- 8
    Dexterity- 13
    Constitution- 11
    Intelligence- 15
    Wisdom- 16
    Charisma- 12

Lawful Neutral Human Sorcerer, Lvl 2.
  • RexfaroensisRexfaroensis Member Posts: 134
    @Woldan I have played them both, though I only finished Metal Age. The only thing that bugged me about the games, was that they were so far ahead of what the graphics and engine could support. The concept and story and general idea (and the bad ass cinematics) were superb, but I'd enjoy them a lot more if they were released with a modern engine.
  • JamesJames Member Posts: 110
    There's a good social psychology dissertation in this thread, very clearly demonstrating this principal
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illusory_superiority
  • WoldanWoldan Member Posts: 41

The concept and story and general idea (and the bad ass cinematics) were superb, but I'd enjoy them a lot more if they were released with a modern engine.

Couldn't agree with you more, the games deep story, thrilling game play and great dark & gritty steampunk-medieval fantasy world is still unmatched today, though the graphics were bad even back in 1998.
    Wish a company that overhauls classic games would do a remake of them with updated graphics. *hint* *hint* *wink* *wink*

• StradlinStradlin Member Posts: 142
    I like it how nobody is of mere average intelligence! Such a bright community we make!
  • WoldanWoldan Member Posts: 41
    Stradlin said:

I like it how nobody is of mere average intelligence! Such a bright community we make!

Nah, all those people with below-average and average intelligence are either politicians or in the army, they don't hang out here with us bright BG fans. >;P

• JaxsbudgieJaxsbudgie Member Posts: 600
    edited September 2012
    Took this test: http://www.angelfire.com/dragon/terragf/back/xstattest.html
    In comparison to how I rated myself - in the brackets - I think I was pretty close, dexterity is such a lie though, hahaha 17, what?!

STR: 10 --------------- (11)
    DEX: 17 --------------- (12)
    CON: 8 --------------- (9)
    INT(pt1/pt2): 11/12
    INT: 12 --------------- (11)
    WIS: 11 --------------- (12)
    CHA: 13 --------------- (13)

• AtlanticAtlantic Member Posts: 44
    Str- 10
    Dex- 6
    Con- 13
    Int- 7/ 11
    Wis- 11
    Cha- 13

(Using Angelfire) Well, thats much better then I would have given myself, but I suppose running marathons and playing Football does help with Con
  • JolanthusJolanthus Member Posts: 292
    From http://www.angelfire.com/dragon/terragf/back/xstattest.html

STR: 6
    DEX: 12
    CON: 11
    INT(pt1/pt2): 14/11
    INT: 13
    WIS: 11
    CHA: 12

From http://www.easydamus.com/character.html

Lawful Neutral Human Monk (4th Level)

Ability Scores:
    Strength- 11
    Dexterity- 14
    Constitution- 12
    Intelligence- 13
    Wisdom- 15
    Charisma- 12

Two different tests and my Int and Cha are the same :)
  • DuronDuron Member Posts: 134
    edited September 2012
    Str: 15 / Kinda always end up carrying stuff around that weights shitload
    Dex: 11 / Nothing special here, a little bit above average by doctors estimate on last exam
    Con: 14 / Quite good tbh, not awesome but quite good
    Int: 13-14 / Somewhere there, by multiple IQ tests rank between 125-138
    Wis: 12 / A little bit above average
    Cha: 8 / Below average probably. Kinda problematic in first time meeting people, after that all good, often life of a party but first time and giving speaches and stuff not really easy or good for me

Those are ones that I gave myself, angelfire gave me:

Str: 13
    Dex: 11
    Con: 13
    Int(pt1/pt2): 13/13
    Int:13
    Wis:11
    Cha:8

Angel gave me same charisma and int I have myself. Others by angel I am 1 point lower then I thought :P :)

By easydamus my stats are:

Neutral Good Human Cleric (3rd Level)

Ability Scores:
    Strength- 15
    Dexterity- 14
    Constitution- 17
    Intelligence- 14
    Wisdom- 15
    Charisma- 12

Think my score is a bit out of RL touch though.
    Post edited by Duron on
  • HerrderGezeitenHerrderGezeiten Member Posts: 139
    I testet my Stats:

Congrats you are accept als a Guard of Amn! :)
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    I am seeing a lot of fascinating, interesting, and insightful posts here.

Judging by how articulate and thoughtful most people who post here seem to be, I am thinking that maybe, as a population, people who like to play D&D probably really are a bit above average in intelligence and wisdom, and probably a bit below average in strength, since we'd rather sit around playing D&D or reading than to go work out or play sports. Exceptions abound, I'm sure.

I'm enjoying reading everyone's insights. This is a lot of fun. I hope more people will analyze themselves and post their data.
  • triclops41triclops41 Member Posts: 207
    Woldan said:

Stradlin said:

Nah, all those people with below-average and average intelligence are either politicians or in the army, they don't hang out here with us bright BG fans. >;P

Joe Bidens, yes. But there are plenty of sharp ones in the army, though maybe more in UAF and USMC :p
  • KabbalahKabbalah Member Posts: 2
    From the angelfire page's chart:

STR: 16
    DEX: 15
    CON: 16
    INT: (part 1: 9/part 2: 10)
    INT: 10
    WIS: 13
    CHA: 11

I'm a soldier in the Army so I suppose this is about right. It's a bit disheartening seeing myself fulfill the low intelligence stereotype.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @Kabbalah, 10 is not a "low" intelligence, my good friend. It just means that you don't get by in life by reading, book-learning, or solving abstract puzzles. A 10 is pretty much average in any stat.

Most of us don't get much above "10" in any stat. People who are interested in D&D tend to be a little higher than average in one or two stats - that's why we like to play D&D, since it rewards us for our strengths, where real life often doesn't.

Your STR/DEX/CON scores make you the perfect real-life equivalent of a Superman-like hero, expressed in either military service or athleticism.

You should be proud of your gifts, since without your benevolence and protection, all of us squishy, bookish, artistic, charismatic (politician), and/or religious types in real life would be at the mercy of all the evil powers in the real world, and totally screwed. People with your talents make it possible for those of us with other talents to live our lives in peace and to make our own contributions to "the Good" in life.
  • Ulfgar_TorunnUlfgar_Torunn Member Posts: 169
    I can't really list my stats.

The stat cap is only 25.
  • LockLock Member Posts: 84
    edited September 2012
    Str: 14 - Tall and strong but almost never visit the gym these days. Can carry a lot of weigh and lift heavy things.

Dex: 16 - Good archer and marksmen, balanced, agile, fast reflexes, demon CS player, not a bad gymnast in school, can still do flips. Soccer player. Nunchuck skills :)

Con: 7 - Haven't regularly played sport since undergrad years. Unfit. Desk job. Getting a gut. Shit. Never sick and can take hits, but I think unfitness would be by far the most important factor in HP.

Int: 12 - Academic, 145 IQ (apparently) although I believe other people think I'm much smarter than I am.

Wis: 16 - Great memory, consider things carefully before I act, widely read and generally knowledgeable.

Cha: 10 - Social and good looking, somewhat of an orator, but I have a temper and sometimes I'm arrogant, moody, hard-headed and judgemental. Was hard to give myself an average score here..

One thing I do know however is that how you view yourself has absolutely no relationship to how others see you. This has been scientifically proven - humans just aren't good at it. But it was fun trying :)

... I might even play that character. Fudge a couple of numbers toward the optimistic side of the spectrum perhaps. I think I'd make a passable battle cleric or a druid.

Edit: Interestingly, according to the angelfire test posted above, I have rather over-estimated my physical strength: Str 10 Dex 16 Con 12 Int 15 Wis 17 Cha 14.
    Post edited by Lock on
  • AnOnionAnOnion Member Posts: 30
    This took a while to research to figure out about where I should be, but here goes.

STR 15 - I'm fairly strong, work out fairly often, bike 10+ miles every day to and from work.
    DEX 17 - I'm a black belt, I've won a few sharpshooting competitions (100yd, 300yd) and archery contests (local benefit things), and aside from my recently injured wrist (stupid bike wreck), I can do some tumbling, cartwheels, etc.
    CON 12 - I eat right, and exercise, but if there's something going around, I may get it.
    INT 17 - I'm a PhD student in computational physical chemistry at a tier 1 research university, can do multivariable calculus in my head, blah blah mathy sciency stuff (assuming someone like Hawking is INT 20-ish).
    WIS 17 - I have the occasional gift of a photographic memory (I can call up images of book pages at will, most of the time), am very observant and accurate in my observations (lol scientist), read a novel a day when I have time, plus papers, etc.
    CHA 15 - People tend to like me, and think that I'm a good leader, but if there's someone else around willing to lead, I'd rather be in the lab...

Or, from the first quiz above...

I Am A: True Neutral Human Wizard (5th Level)

Ability Scores:

Strength-15

Dexterity-18

Constitution-16

Intelligence-17

Wisdom-18

Charisma-15

Alignment:
    True Neutral A true neutral character does what seems to be a good idea. He doesn't feel strongly one way or the other when it comes to good vs. evil or law vs. chaos. Most true neutral characters exhibit a lack of conviction or bias rather than a commitment to neutrality. Such a character thinks of good as better than evil after all, he would rather have good neighbors and rulers than evil ones. Still, he's not personally committed to upholding good in any abstract or universal way. Some true neutral characters, on the other hand, commit themselves philosophically to neutrality. They see good, evil, law, and chaos as prejudices and dangerous extremes. They advocate the middle way of neutrality as the best, most balanced road in the long run. True neutral is the best alignment you can be because it means you act naturally, without prejudice or compulsion. However, true neutral can be a dangerous alignment when it represents apathy, indifference, and a lack of conviction.

Race:
    Humans are the most adaptable of the common races. Short generations and a penchant for migration and conquest have made them physically diverse as well. Humans are often unorthodox in their dress, sporting unusual hairstyles, fanciful clothes, tattoos, and the like.

Class:
    Wizards are arcane spellcasters who depend on intensive study to create their magic. To wizards, magic is not a talent but a difficult, rewarding art. When they are prepared for battle, wizards can use their spells to devastating effect. When caught by surprise, they are vulnerable. The wizard's strength is her spells, everything else is secondary. She learns new spells as she experiments and grows in experience, and she can also learn them from other wizards. In addition, over time a wizard learns to manipulate her spells so they go farther, work better, or are improved in some other way. A wizard can call a familiar- a small, magical, animal companion that serves her. With a high Intelligence, wizards are capable of casting very high levels of spells.

Find out What Kind of Dungeons and Dragons Character Would You Be?, courtesy of Easydamus (e-mail)

So, I'm a character I'd actually play! Wow!

• TetraploidTetraploid Member Posts: 252
    Hmm, stats...interesting!

I suppose something like:

Str 10 - I'm not especially strong, I guess just sort of average for my age/gender.
    Dex 14 - Wasn't sure what to put here, bit of an odd one for me. I have very poor gross motor control (balance etc) but very good fine motor control (I can make origami birds so small you need a magnifying glass to see them). I'd be awful in a fight but I'd make a damn good lockpicker!
    Con 14 - I eat pretty well, don't get ill that much. No idea what my hitpoints are though!
    Int 16 - I think of myself as a pretty smart girl. I have a science degree, I work as a data analyst, I'm good with numbers and information. I absolutely hate rote-learning things though, do you think that's how Wizards have to learn spells? :p
    Wis 8 - I'm notoriously oblivious to many things but given to rare moments of insight.
    Cha 12 - I'm a Marmite person; I seem to rub certain people the wrong way but other people I get on with really well. Overall I think I'm fairly likeable, and I used to work as a teacher so have experience in leadership, of a sort!

I normally play a Thief, so I guess those aren't bad stats :p

Although the online test disagrees. Not sure why I'd want to be a Ranger/Wizard - If I want to love Nature while using destructive magics there's already a class for that: Druids! I think Neutral Good suits me better than True Neutral, personally, but there you go.

I Am A: True Neutral Human Ranger/Wizard (2nd/1st Level)

Ability Scores:

Strength-11

Dexterity-9

Constitution-13

Intelligence-16

Wisdom-13

Charisma-12

Alignment:
    True Neutral A true neutral character does what seems to be a good idea. He doesn't feel strongly one way or the other when it comes to good vs. evil or law vs. chaos. Most true neutral characters exhibit a lack of conviction or bias rather than a commitment to neutrality. Such a character thinks of good as better than evil after all, he would rather have good neighbors and rulers than evil ones. Still, he's not personally committed to upholding good in any abstract or universal way. Some true neutral characters, on the other hand, commit themselves philosophically to neutrality. They see good, evil, law, and chaos as prejudices and dangerous extremes. They advocate the middle way of neutrality as the best, most balanced road in the long run. True neutral is the best alignment you can be because it means you act naturally, without prejudice or compulsion. However, true neutral can be a dangerous alignment when it represents apathy, indifference, and a lack of conviction.

Race:
    Humans are the most adaptable of the common races. Short generations and a penchant for migration and conquest have made them physically diverse as well. Humans are often unorthodox in their dress, sporting unusual hairstyles, fanciful clothes, tattoos, and the like.

Primary Class:
    Rangers are skilled stalkers and hunters who make their home in the woods. Their martial skill is nearly the equal of the fighter, but they lack the latter's dedication to the craft of fighting. Instead, the ranger focuses his skills and training on a specific enemy a type of creature he bears a vengeful grudge against and hunts above all others. Rangers often accept the role of protector, aiding those who live in or travel through the woods. His skills allow him to move quietly and stick to the shadows, especially in natural settings, and he also has special knowledge of certain types of creatures. Finally, an experienced ranger has such a tie to nature that he can actually draw on natural power to cast divine spells, much as a druid does, and like a druid he is often accompanied by animal companions. A ranger's Wisdom score should be high, as this determines the maximum spell level that he can cast.

Secondary Class:
    Wizards are arcane spellcasters who depend on intensive study to create their magic. To wizards, magic is not a talent but a difficult, rewarding art. When they are prepared for battle, wizards can use their spells to devastating effect. When caught by surprise, they are vulnerable. The wizard's strength is her spells, everything else is secondary. She learns new spells as she experiments and grows in experience, and she can also learn them from other wizards. In addition, over time a wizard learns to manipulate her spells so they go farther, work better, or are improved in some other way. A wizard can call a familiar- a small, magical, animal companion that serves her. With a high Intelligence, wizards are capable of casting very high levels of spells.

Find out What Kind of Dungeons and Dragons Character Would You Be?, courtesy of Easydamus (e-mail)

• AbicionAbicion Member Posts: 6
    Str: 12 / I work out, but not a lot
    Dex: 8 / rather uncoordinated
    Con: 10 / I'm average, I guess
    Int: 12 / compared to people I know, I'd say I'm above average
    Wis: 11 / Again, average
    Cha: 16 / my strong point; I'm pretty charming ;)
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376
    My self evaluation:

Str: 9 / I am short and relatively light weight. Pretty strong for my size but below average as far as raw strength.
    Dex: 16 / I have always been quick and agile and excelled in sports like soccer and have more than held my own in sports like basketball where my size is an obstacle due to quickness and coordination.
    Con: 10 / I am type 1 diabetic but well controlled and healthy. The type 1 diabetes does lower your ability to fight off infections, etc.
    Int: 17 / Scored >99th percentile on the SAT and the LSAT but I am not the smartest person I know.
    Wis: 14 / I feel I am pretty well grounded and source of professional and personal advice for others.
    Cha: 13 / I am good at public speaking, comfortable with friends or strangers, and cross social barriers pretty easily. I am not the center of a party or someone who could stop traffic.

Those are ones that I gave myself, angelfire gave me:

Str: 11
    Dex: 15
    Con: 10
    Int(pt1/pt2): 16/16
    Int:16
    Wis:15
    Cha:14

Surprisingly close in all categories!

By easydamus my stats are:

Lawful Good Elf Wizard

Ability Scores:
    Strength- 13
    Dexterity- 16
    Constitution- 13
    Intelligence- 19
    Wisdom- 15
    Charisma- 14

The easydamus scores seem high to me in several areas.

• cloakanddaggercloakanddagger Member Posts: 111
    Str: 13
    Dex: 14
    Con: 16
    Int: 16
    Wis: 11
    Cha: 15
  • KhamillKhamill Member Posts: 226
    I have a question (probably shame to admit:), in relation to strenght stats, sometimes there are figures after slash like 18/02 or 18/93. Can anyone tell me what are they stand for?
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376
    edited September 2012
    Khamill said:

I have a question (probably shame to admit:), in relation to strenght stats, sometimes there are figures after slash like 18/02 or 18/93. Can anyone tell me what are they stand for?

The 2e system used "extraordinary strength" (or something like that) for strength but only for fighter classes (and multiclasses). There is a chart for the bonuses for that range. So if you are rolling your character, if you choose a fighter (or ranger or paladin or barbarian...) then you can get the "slash" strength stats if you have an 18 strength and these go up from the +1 to hit/+2 to damage from a normal 18 to +3/+6 for 18/00 strength.

http://stane0.tripod.com/BG1Tables.html

In addition to the attack bonuses, each category will also increase your encumbrance and ability to force open locked doors and chests.
  • cloakanddaggercloakanddagger Member Posts: 111
    took the quiz and got...

Str: 11
    Dex: 14
    Con: 11
    Int: 15
    Wiz: 11
    Cha: 10
  • JaxsbudgieJaxsbudgie Member Posts: 600
    edited September 2012
    I think one thing people are forgetting is how you usually (at least in DnD you do) gain more points in intelligence, wisdom and charisma as well as lose points in strength, dexterity and constitution the older you get.

There are some people here listing both their intelligence AND wisdom in the mid to late teens and mention their recent school / university grades as their reasoning. I know humans gain a very strong foundation of intelligence in their earlier years, but still, come on guys, let's be modest here, think of what you know now and then think of how much more you will know in years to come ...

At this rate, the majority of this board will be of a Hawking level of intelligence in just under 10 or so years, crazy!

:|