Skip to content

BG:EE can't load old save files...

2»

Comments

• RoseweaveRoseweave Member Posts: 101
    It's possible I had some minor mod installed I then forgot about. What tweaks were in common use in the early days of BGEE?

Here are my saves.

https://app.box.com/s/h4m24qv5zk5bvtmc99t61fs3ycz2boct

I'm really upset over this.
  • RoseweaveRoseweave Member Posts: 101
    weird, game just installed the older version and now it's working again.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    edited April 2016
    I have the exact same problem. I am also not on Steam, so can't roll back.
    Post edited by Awong124 on
  • BentoBento Member Posts: 18
    The issue loading issue with v1.3 on steam has been fixed (latest 1.3 update). I was able to roll back to 1.3 (by loading the beta described earlier in this thread), saving the game 1.3 format, rolled forward to the latest version of 2.0 and loading the new version of the 1.3 save that i had made. Thanks devs for that fix, i hope you work out a cleaner long-term solution to the problem that doesnt involve rolling backwards to roll forwards again. It took 2 days of downloading to fix this issue for me on my slow connection.
  • kodaColliderkodaCollider Member Posts: 23
    Thanks for the heads-up.

Can confirm.

I am now able to roll my game back to 1.3 on Steam, load my old save files, re-save, re-patch to 2.0, and load the new save files.
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    The 1.3 rollback on Steam should be working now.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    Cerevant said:

The 1.3 rollback on Steam should be working now.

Is this being looked at for people not on Steam? I have 54 EE saves that were pre-1.2 that simply no longer load. I'd understand if Vanilla saves don't work, but a new patch shouldn't render old saves of the same game to be unplayable.
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    Scheduled to be fixed in the next update
    http://support.baldursgate.com/issues/22136