Skip to content

Dishonoring the Name Baldurs Gate

FerozbanFerozban Member Posts: 31
Wow. i just 2 days ago noticed that SOD is out since i am usually not having much time checking games nowadays with a 9to5 job and a family to take care of and i was so happy that it was finally released and i get something worthwhile to play in the evenings.
I really wanted it to be an honorary part of the Baldurs Gate series.
And then i saw what Beamdog and their writers did to it.
What a disgrace.
You did not honor the originals, you dishonored your license, you dishonored yourselfs.

You have Minsc mentioning Gamergate, as if putting political warfare into your game is a smart idea. As if Gamergater are not amongst your audiance as well.
Regardless what you think of gamergate, a medival themed game and a Ranger with his hamster are not the place nor the characters to wage your dumb ideological warfare with.

You have Goblins calling you racist. Girls calling you out for mansplaning and much more.
You changed characters personalities like Safanas because well, you didnt like them the way they were...wtf.

You have barely any choices like when somebody insults you based on your looks or gender, you barely are able to say anything funny or maybe even . But we are definity allowed to be offended...

Same goes the other way around. When you meet one of those Token-Characters with their "protected classes" like gays or transsexuals, you are not even able to say anything mean to them, regardless if you play a chaotic evil character or not.
These token characters are never real characters and just SJW messages like the transsexual who tells you about her gender history in the very first dialog.

And the worst thing is that one of the writers came forth and said she literally doesn't care if we THE PLAYERS don't like it. She said she doesn't care if her writing is fake or forced.
And beamdog actually though hiring people with zero intent to put effort into their writing, zero intent to write anything but their hateful propaganda, was a good idea.

I guess i will be banned now as it is so common amongst these SJW lunatics to ban and silence everyone who calls their bullshit out and disagrees with them. But I literally don't care anymore. You took the joy out of baldurs gate from me. This will be my last post here anyways.

You did not create a Baldurs Gate Sequel. You created a propaganda tool. If i wanted a propaganda tool I would buy a feminist textbook next time. Thanks for nothing.
JoeyAKrugBiercbarchukLorvaylinsunset00leeux

Comments

• kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Wellcome to the new boring and stupid days of nowdays my friend, where every remark is a form of prejudice and every minority thing themself entitled to demand even the soul of their pretense offenders.

If that has been dragged to the game... a pity, but not unexpected. Still, i'm going to see it by miself and evaluate the level of bitchering included.
    Tutasunset00RawgrimElrandir
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Or challenge the Fire Lord to a duel. Just remember: no one can give you your honor. It's something you earn for yourself by choosing to do what's right.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Nah. They haven't ruined the Baldur's Gate name. The bar for that got set pretty low with Dark Alliance, which didn't manage to destroy the brand name either. And SoD is nowhere near those murky depths.
    FinneousPJEnvygamesjustfeelinathomeZaferick
  • aleks922aleks922 Member Posts: 30
    A transgender character and a single line of dialogue from a character is the least of the problems this game has.
    I worded that poorly. You shouldn't even call it a problem. Even if you do, it is pretty minor.
    sunset00ValamirCleaver
  • fkirenicusfkirenicus Member Posts: 331
    edited April 2016
    He is apparently not alone in his opinion (and no, I haven't played SoD yet, and will not until 2.0 is stable and comes to Android as well as Windows, so while I have an inkling about what's controversial I haven't actually seen it myself and will not comment upon that as such now). A game that's been out for about a week that has 1054 reviews but less than 2,5 out of 5 stars is remarkable. Some of the reviews here do not have kid gloves on, to put it that way.
    https://www.gog.com/game/baldurs_gate_siege_of_dragonspear
    Tuta
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    Cool story bro.
    killerrabbitGrumlolien
  • BGLoverBGLover Member Posts: 550
    Dishonoring the name Baldurs Gate....

Indulging in hyperbole of one kind or another, declaring that Siege of Dragonspear is a disgrace, a dumb piece of ideological warfare, filled with 'SJW' messages, written as hateful propaganda.

I actually felt a little ridiculous typing that out - I mean, all that, about a video game? Really?

WilburkillerrabbitMoradin
  • JoeyJoey Member Posts: 201
    shawne said:

Are you just picking up talking points from other websites and then coming here to complain? Because you don't have so much as a single point that hasn't been discussed to death on other threads, and it's the same wording over and over again.

Do at least try to think for yourself before this thread gets closed.

Good boy! Keep on savaging them awful GGers and maybe Dee will namedrop you in a twitter post. One day....one day.
    FerozbanValamirCleaverFlashburn
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Joey said:

Good boy! Keep on savaging them awful GGers and maybe Dee will namedrop you in a twitter post. One day....one day.

[Deleted User]AstroBryGuy
  • tokarev748tokarev748 Member Posts: 27
    Hey Op,are you a talking bird?
    ValamirCleaver[Deleted User]
  • LorvaylinLorvaylin Member Posts: 44

For all those that don't seem to get it, this short video might help you see what the game feels like to a lot of people.
    cbarchukFerozban
  • cbarchukcbarchuk Member Posts: 322
    edited April 2016
    Lorvaylin, awesome video bud! Totally agree.
    Lorvaylin
  • AmmarAmmar Member Posts: 1,295
    Lorvaylin said:

For all those that don't seem to get it, this short video might help you see what the game feels like to a lot of people.

I am very sorry that the game triggered you. Seems like we need to create safe place for you :(
    ValamirCleaverGrum[Deleted User]illathid
    Ammar said:

Lorvaylin said:

I am very sorry that the game triggered you. Seems like we need to create safe place for you :(

Yes one where Mizhena just goes to a mage and has a polymorphed sex change, instead of living a life of pain and ridicule to show the people of Faerun that there's a planet called Earth in a another universe witch has a thing called transgender and that it's very important that everyone understands and accepts it because it's 2016 in said universe please.

sunset00
  • LMTR14LMTR14 Member Posts: 165
    they really did put the word "racist" in there?

wow. how utterly stupid
    Ferozban
  • AmmarAmmar Member Posts: 1,295
    edited April 2016
    Lorvaylin said:

Ammar said:

Lorvaylin said:

Yes one where Mizhena just goes to a mage and has a polymorphed sex change, instead of living a life of pain and ridicule to show the people of Faerun that there's a planet called Earth in a another universe witch has a thing called transgender and that it's very important that everyone understands and accepts it because it's 2016 in said universe please.

Maybe that's exactly what she did? And who even says that her life was one of pain and ridicule? And aren't you stereotyping when you imply that every transperson is in pain and being ridiculed?
    ValamirCleaverGrum
  • rjmacreadyrjmacready Member Posts: 91
    edited April 2016
    Ignoring the fact that the content of the game has nothing at all to do with all these pissy pants rants but just hypothetically speaking:

Why is it one of the first things Safana did with my character upon recruiting was make a very suggestive and possibly sexual innuendo? I mean if her character has "changed" (that being changed from "virtually nothing" to "something") wouldnt she not do that?

Also Jaheira has barely any dialogue/content in SoD whatsoever, and for good reason since they couldnt get her voice actress back. It was damned if they did and damned if they didnt so Jaheira in SoD is very low key and doesnt have much to say so how could they have "changed"" her character when she only has a few more lines than in the original?

Im not expecting an answer because it wouldnt support the "those damn sjws trying to give us all vaginas with their political agenda in this game" tinfoil hat theory.
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    Please, PLEASE everybody, stop answer to these stupid threads.
    Can't you see that they just put their crap and then never comment anymore because they love to start the fights? Trolls are trolls, and it's common knowledge to NOT FEED THE TROLL.
    Let's use our time to comment about the game, and maybe for real flaws of the game if you want. Let this threads die by themselves.
    [Deleted User]
    can't be arsed to reply to inane arguments for the sake of arguments
    rorikon
This discussion has been closed.