Skip to content

Wishing Well (spoilers)

abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
Can someone please explain the well by Boarskyr Bridge?

I've discovered the healing function... It's the "container" function I'm trying to work out...

Comments

• InconnuInconnu Member Posts: 99
    abacus said:

Can someone please explain the well by Boarskyr Bridge?

I've discovered the healing function... It's the "container" function I'm trying to work out...

If you put in a weapon, it''ll spawn a hostile water elemental that will drop a random enchanted weapon. The one you put in can also be retrieved.
    abacus
  • abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    Thanks... I was throwing all sorts in...
  • XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    And here i thought i could ressurect dead people with this well. Damit.
  • EscarcheEscarche Member Posts: 61
    There's also a chicken, who you have to put in there. It starts a lot of banters from every party member!
  • StoibsStoibs Member Posts: 66
    Oh it's just any weapon needed?
    I thought I was being all clever by 'solving' it when I put fire arrows in.
    Stoibs said:

Oh it's just any weapon needed?
    I thought I was being all clever by 'solving' it when I put fire arrows in.

Longsword +1 worked for me.
    You're still cleverer than me though... I had to come on here to ask!
  • Quill_ArmguardQuill_Armguard Member Posts: 53
    where can I find the chicken? Is it possible that I cannot find it because it is on one of the crusaders that is still alive when the fight for the camp ends?
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    edited April 2016

where can I find the chicken? Is it possible that I cannot find it because it is on one of the crusaders that is still alive when the fight for the camp ends?
    The item is called Dusty Chicken (BDCHICKN), but I can't remember how I got it.
    EDIT: now I remember! As soon as you enter the camp, there is a chicken on the left near a group of merceneries: talk to it.
    MoradinAerakar
  • Quill_ArmguardQuill_Armguard Member Posts: 53
    Aha, that's it. Thanks a lot
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    Mildly funny banters.

It seems that the chicken is only there the very first time you enter the camp, and it is indeed next to those mercenaries to the left of the entrance. It is only labeled "Chicken" until you try to talk to it then you gain an item and it shows "Dusty Chicken" in the inventory. I tried going back several times in different saves where I had missed it initially and it was never there in that spot after that first visit to the camp. I tried talking to every chicken but none worked.

MoradinabacusKrotosAerakar
    mf2112 said:

Mildly funny banters.

It seems that the chicken is only there the very first time you enter the camp, and it is indeed next to those mercenaries to the left of the entrance. It is only labeled "Chicken" until you try to talk to it then you gain an item and it shows "Dusty Chicken" in the inventory. I tried going back several times in different saves where I had missed it initially and it was never there in that spot after that first visit to the camp. I tried talking to every chicken but none worked.

I love that last sentence.
    mf2112
  • doggydoggy Member Posts: 313
    Apparently Melicamp is going places (note to self: Find said chicken in current play through)
    mf2112
  • RathenauRathenau Member Posts: 80
    I must say I was trying way to hard to make the well do anything useful, dumped everything I had in my inventory in it even after killing the elemental. Not sure what I was expecting there.

Now to hunt for that chicken.
    mf2112
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    It does move around after all....
    when I was going back to replay the battle a little differently there was a chicken right up against the fence north of the gate, about halfway to the barricades. I said what the hell and tried to talk to it and it jumped right in my pack. :)
  • StarhowlStarhowl Member Posts: 39
    Does anyone know on how to spawn the chicken in AR2000.ARE via console-command into my inventory or the surrounding neighborhood of my character?
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    @Starhowl the name of the chicken was posted above as BDCHICKN, so the console command would be:
    C:CreateItem("bdchickn")
    JuliusBorisovStarhowlAerakar