Skip to content

Beamdog Pre-Download

Comments

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited September 2012
    @VampQueen31 Trent Oster said it should be available around one week before release date.
  • Arabus13Arabus13 Member Posts: 102
    Getting closer! (Finally!)
    ShapiroKeatsDarkMage
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    I'd rather the Dev guys got a few extra days to work on the project and released nearer to the 18th rather than making it available for pre-download a few days earlier and then having to issue more patches afterwards.
    Anton
  • VampQueen31VampQueen31 Member Posts: 60
    Im pretty sure the Dev guys arent the ones that'll be releasing it for pre download. If im not mistaken overhaul games is doing the work, Beamdog is handling the release. So odds are this doesnt affect any work going on with patches and dlc.
    Arabus13ShapiroKeatsDarkMage
  • LekianLekian Member Posts: 108
    edited September 2012
    I have an email with an "Easy Order Confirmation unique number" that was sent to me by Beamdog. It also indicates "This is the official receipt for your purchase on Beamdog"

If you allow images to be shown on your email browser you should see the following image

Edit: Format - Corrections
    Kyoshiro80ShapiroKeatsDarkMageJalilyDragonserpent
  • zarffynzarffyn Member Posts: 175

Im pretty sure the Dev guys arent the ones that'll be releasing it for pre download. If im not mistaken overhaul games is doing the work, Beamdog is handling the release. So odds are this doesnt affect any work going on with patches and dlc.

OverHaul IS the development team. And some of them are also Beamdog. They're kind of married that way.

@VampQueen31. You are splitting hairs somewhat. Let me rephrase to avoid further confusion on your behalf.

I'd rather the people working on BGEE got a few extra days to work on the project and released nearer to the 18th rather than making it available for pre-download a few days earlier and then having to issue more patches afterwards.

Better?
    I would be impressed (and shocked) if there is no patch on the day (or shortly thereafter) of release. With a long pre-download time frame, I would think you would avoid "the crush" of a whole bunch of people trying to download an entire digital copy. Much better, in my opinion, to only have to download a small patch on release day then start playing.
    zarffynFelix
  • xLegionxxLegionx Member Posts: 197
    Only those who are truly devoted to bg (like me) will be downloading it on pre-release. Those who are all meh about the game will be paying for it on release.
  • WulfyWulfy Member Posts: 32
    @decado Off-topic, but between your username and your pic, my day has been made. On topic: I'm hoping the alternative download option will be followed through on; I tend to avoid client-based installers if at all possible.
    edited September 2012
    Wulfy said:

@decado Off-topic, but between your username and your pic, my day has been made. On topic: I'm hoping the alternative download option will be followed through on; I tend to avoid client-based installers if at all possible.

@Wulfy
    As always I aim to please ;)

Wulfy
  • Drow_ArrowDrow_Arrow Member Posts: 73
    Wulfy said:

yeah +1 to that i'm assuming they'll post on these forums or send an E-Mail out to all of us who Pre-Ordered BG:EE with a link for the alternate download.

• tony325tony325 Member Posts: 11
    mlnevese said:

@VampQueen31 Trent Oster said it should be available around one week before release date.

One week...Today ?But...

NecdilzorFake_Sketch
    Around one week he said. It's a valid range until the 17th ;)
    Sir_FalkanNecdilzor
    Any word yet?
  • VampQueen31VampQueen31 Member Posts: 60
    edited September 2012
    Im wondering too, we are almost past the window they said for pre-release download. According to my Calender next week Tuesday is Sept 18th and this is the week before and its about over.

The 17th isnt a valid range, its the day before, not a week before.
    kingcrowley
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    Cam recently Tweeted that they are testing pre-loads soon.
    jalden
  • WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
    Dead thread is dead. XD
    Hmmm it's been dead just for over a month. No problem with a raise dead spell :)
  • COrmithCOrmith Member Posts: 15
    edited November 2012

Interestingly I have never received one of these...though I pre-ordered sometime ago

NM - Found it. Dumbdedumb.... :)
    Cam Tweeted today that pre-load starts soon.
    WigglesOxford_Guy
  • KharadorKharador Member Posts: 215
    I just hope that the supposed "surprise" is not a pre-load 5 days before.
    I'm really disappointed with the way that Beamdog are doing the "release".
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @VampQueen31

Its not a pre-release, its a pre-download.

You'll be able to download the game early, but you'll still have to wait for the release date to be able to play.
    @Tanthalas woooooow what a surprise man!!
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Whoops, didn't notice that was an old message.
    mch202
    Are you serious @Tanthalas?
    @TrentOster surprises suprise me... What a shame man...
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    You are really a grumpy one, aren't you?
  • byrne20byrne20 Member Posts: 503
    @mch202
    Lol a grumpy one indeed
    *crosses fingers that early BG:EE supporters get the game unlocked early*
    azuritKharadorFaerieFire68