Skip to content

Why all the Spoiler tags all of a sudden?

Discussions seem to be getting littered with spoiler tags put there by the mods and a lot of the time the things that they are covering up are not spoilers:

Imoen won't join your party

This is not a spoiler. It is just basic information about the game.

Why is it okay to give details of the new NPCs who will join your party but not okay to mention the old NPCs who won't?

Comments

• KogornKogorn Member Posts: 104
    No idea. In my opinion, content from the first hour of gameplay is non-spoilery per se. However, there are certain purists who don't want to have ANY plot information whatsoever uncovered before they experience it.

I actually am at the opposite end of the spectrum and enjoy reading and sharing spoilers. I remember after reading Harry Potter Book 6 I logged into my World of Warcraft account and /shout-ed "Dumbledore dies!" in the middle or Orgrimmar. Man, did that provoke a reaction :P
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Kogorn said:

No idea. In my opinion, content from the first hour of gameplay is non-spoilery per se. However, there are certain purists who don't want to have ANY plot information whatsoever uncovered before they experience it.

I actually am at the opposite end of the spectrum and enjoy reading and sharing spoilers. I remember after reading Harry Potter Book 6 I logged into my World of Warcraft account and /shout-ed "Dumbledore dies!" in the middle or Orgrimmar. Man, did that provoke a reaction :P
    Someone over took me for most evilest person the forum.

I must rectify this immediately... after my nap.