Skip to content

First impression, last impression...

124»

Comments

• SeldarSeldar Member Posts: 438
    hello there, just started a new game after the 2.0 download... Is it possible to remove that black line around my character ? It... just doesn't fit with the landscape background, I prefer the original sprite.
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    lazutu said:

Mirandel said:

ElGuapo said:

The tendency here to attack individuals who are critical of the game is disheartening.

Oh, you mean people who did not play even BG1&2 but come here after they read some "alarming article" about how SoD is supporting SJW and LGBT, register on forums and flooding game discussions with their "honest reviews"?

The OP demonstrated total lack of elementary knowledge about BG, played for 15 minutes (worried about your refund? Still brave - to "risk" your own money just to bush a game company!) but claiming he knows it all! Yes, community here is a bit tired of it. Why don't you GGers and supporters crawl back to whatever corner of internet you came from and enjoy petting each others ego there? Or at least stick to one topic on these forums and let others discuss the game? Will be much more productive for both sides.
    Elementary knowledge? Where did you get that? Quite the contrary, I've made those statements only because I know the game for so long, and managed to beat it with good-evil-neutral parties, on a SCS/Tactics 200% difficulty as well. I know every dialogue, sound and every item stat almost by memory! God damn it, now I do see where all the hate is coming from... show some respect and read what us "lowly males" are saying.
    Hahahaha whaaat??
  • RawgrimRawgrim Member Posts: 621
    Seldar said:

hello there, just started a new game after the 2.0 download... Is it possible to remove that black line around my character ? It... just doesn't fit with the landscape background, I prefer the original sprite.

Yes. In the options under graphics. You need to restart the game for the change to kick in, though. But you will still have a "different" sprite than in the previous version.
  • KerozevokKerozevok Member Posts: 695
    @Seldar Options > Graphs > Sprites outlines.
  • illathidillathid Member Posts: 320
    Seldar said:

Rawgrim said:

Yes. In the options under graphics. You need to restart the game for the change to kick in, though. But you will still have a "different" sprite than in the previous version.

To be more accurate. The sprite is the same, but a different scaling algorithm is used compared to what the EEs used before. Some peoples dislike, some people like, some people can't tell the difference. It's been requested that using the old scaling algorithm be added as a graphics option, but it's not clear when, or if, that will happen.
  • kotekokoteko Member Posts: 179
    edited April 2016
    @lazutu I'm afraid on Minsc and Dynaheir you are delusional. This is from the in-game biography of Dynaheir:

"She has expressed concerns about the sanity of her bodyguard, though she has obvious respect for him and will not go far from his side."

So she is perfectly in character, in SoD. This is the kind of stuff that can be changed in mods (D-M romance/sweettalk/whatever). Play around with it :)

Also, Minsc considered Boo more important than Dynaheir:

"So far Minsc considers his most notable experience in the world abroad, to be the acquisition of his animal companion 'Boo'"
  • TorinTorin Member Posts: 229
    illathid said:

Seldar said:

Rawgrim said:

To be more accurate. The sprite is the same, but a different scaling algorithm is used compared to what the EEs used before. Some peoples dislike, some people like, some people can't tell the difference. It's been requested that using the old scaling algorithm be added as a graphics option, but it's not clear when, or if, that will happen.
    I am one of the people that didn't notice the difference :D
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,727
    Ok, there were at least two warnings in this thread about following the site rules, but violations continued nonetheless.

The thread is closed. If you feel need to speak about money in SoD and/or Dynaheir-Minsc relations in SoD, you're free to start a new thread but remember - the site rules must be respected.
This discussion has been closed.