Skip to content

[MOD] -Might and Guile- a tweak mod and kit pack for warriors and rogues.

Comments

• Woolie_WoolWoolie_Wool Member Posts: 153
    Oh it turns out I had the Dale Protector equipped to him, which gave him an extra +2. Now they're about equal.
  • lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    Choose feat on CHARNAME only shows up an empty list, but it works on any other fighter that I recruit... what gives?
  • flow2flow2 Member Posts: 4
    lansounet said:

Choose feat on CHARNAME only shows up an empty list

I have the same bug: Empty list on charname cast.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

flow2 said:

lansounet said:

What are the stats of your Charnames? Race/class/kit?
    Of course, here: Dwarves Defender, EEKeeperd from mid-lvl 6 to 7 (Mac-Version, updated, but installed M&G mid-playthrough)

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198071646978/screenshots/?appid=228280
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    flow2 said:

flow2 said:

lansounet said:

Of course, here: Dwarves Defender, EEKeeperd from mid-lvl 6 to 7 (Mac-Version, updated, but installed M&G mid-playthrough)

I don't know that correct functionality can be guaranteed if you installed M&G halfway through. That's asking for bugs; same is true of any mod. I recommend starting a new playthrough.

flow2 said:

flow2 said:

lansounet said:

I don't know that correct functionality can be guaranteed if you installed M&G halfway through. That's asking for bugs; same is true of any mod. I recommend starting a new playthrough.
    Thanks, good to know, I am new to BGEE.
    edited April 2016

Nothing of that sort, I was just testing unrelated stuff with dualling, starting out as fighter, human, ctrl+8'd to max stats. I noticed something was wrong after I dualled to mage and the "choose feat" list was showing up my known mage spells. Started new game again and the 'choose feat" list was empty. tested starting in SoA/ToB/BP2.

Fun fact : I was testing simulacrum levels (it's actually 50% rounded up) and choose feat allowed me to cast infinite simulacra :D
    Post edited by lansounet on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

Oh! Yes, I know what happened. The abilities to choose from are granted in the background at level 1. Since you installed the mod after that, you never got them.

Yeah, this is what I meant. The way the game engine is designed (and I've yet to hear of a way to get around, short of some REALLY wonky [read: possibly buggy] scripts) is that a lot of class/kit stuff is assigned at level 1. If you multiclass, the game acts as if you've added a "superkit".
    Did you even read what I wrote? Long version :

I installed a week ago, started a game with a cleric/mage, recruited Minsc got feats alright, I dont think Jaheira got any and thats how its supposed to work (?). Along the way I recruited some plain fighters and they could choose feats, that's when I found out the ability was detected as arcane magic and the cowled wizards appeared. Continued my game, whatever.

Today I was discussing with someone on twitch about Simulacrum and how its supposed to be 60% but he was adamant that it was actually 50% so I went and checked for myself, creating a plain mage in ToB with simulacrum and recruiting the clone with CTRL+Q to check its level, and he was right. I went a step further and wondered what happens when you dual to mage and casting simulacrum reduces your active class level to below the former class, made a warrior with max stats to make sure I could dual and started my experiment. starting F18 (actually berserker, this somehow matter) in ToB I dualled to mage, CLUA'd some xp for M19, a scroll of simulacrum to learn it, memorize it then cast it : ended up Bers18/M10 as expected but I retained all fighter abilities, including uses of Berserker Rage, and "choose feat". The select spell table only showed up my 2 lvl1 spells and Simulacrum that I could recast with each clone as long as "choose feat" uses remained (-1 usage at each clone). Not only that was weird but the clones' clones were Berserk18/M12 instead of M10! So I went to check if it was a conflict with dualling and reloaded the auto-save where I was only berserker18 and the "choose feat" list was empty, same with a plain fighter or in SoA and BP.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

Also your recent post is unclear: did YOU have the Choose Feat ability after dualling? Or did only your simulacrum have it?

Yes but that's not even the point...

edited April 2016
    1) "Choose feat" ability remains in innates tab. Clicking it after dualling only shows up the knows mage spell.

2) Clicking "Choose Feat" while just a fighter opens an empty list.

I guess I'll provide some screenshots... (I leveled up the mage after learning scroll, but it was the same at mage 1 and resting only restored bhaalspawn poweres, aTweaks stuff)

Ah - so dual-classing properly deletes the feats spells from your arcane spell list, it just neglects to delete the innate abilities if you haven't used them yet. Should be an easy fix.

Isn't the "Remove Spell" opcode great? :D
    edited April 2016
    But dual-classing aside, why can't plain fighter learn feats?...

You're still no getting the point. Dual-classing is irrelevant, the thing is about CHARNAME FIGHTER NO FEATS.

Well I'm just trying to help troubleshoot, No incidence on my current game.
  • Abdel_AdrianAbdel_Adrian Member Posts: 430
    Heh, never hurts to consider, "how will the gamer find new ways to break my mod?"

The problem here is my mistake, not the opcode's... I never considered that someone might leave the "choose feat" abilities unused.

To be fair to me, lansounet wasn't playing the way a normal player normally plays, so most people would not encounter this. But it's something that is easily addressed and will make the mod more robust, so I'll look into it next week.

Starting a game in ToB as a fighter is not normal play??? This is getting stupid
    mashedtaters
    Abdel_Adrianrkocourmashedtaters
    edited April 2016
    Really It's like you're not even reading... I spelled it all out in that long post, the dual-class thing was a tangent to demonstrate how I found out about your mod's bug, and a possible engine bug with simulacrum. This will be my last post because this is getting annoying, feeling like talking to a wall...

I don't have enough info to troubleshoot. How did you start a new fighter? Did you use a pre-generated or other pre-made character?

I created a normal character using character creation, it seemed cleared when I talked about using CTRL+8 to get stats for dual.

Sounds to me like you broke something. Clearly your fighter *did* get feats before you did all that weirdness with the CLUA Console - they're in your screenshots.

Do you even know how your mod works? The 2nd screenshot only shows a bunch of "Choose feat" abilties in the innates tab, then clicking on ANY of them shows an empty list (3rd screenshot) instead of the Parry/Flurry/whatever abilities that you can learn...

Last post about this, make of it what you like, I did nothing weird but create a plain fighter with character creation and click my innate button.

Seems easy to put the fault on the user, like the other guy who reported having the same issue.
    Abdel_Adrianrkocourmashedtaters
    edited April 2016
    The same situation happens in SoA and BP as I mentionned previously, I'll lose the attitude when you do as well... how is it a dead magic zone when I can cast spells?
    You've just been assuming user-error since the beginning and refusing to acknowledge the issue and I've had to rewrite the same thing 4 times now... Am i not the one being patient here? Nice bootlicking @Abdel_Adrian :*
    edited April 2016

The problem here is my mistake, not the opcode's

No, I meant, you can possibly use that as an easy fix. /shrug

... I never considered that someone might leave the "choose feat" abilities unused.

To be fair to me, lansounet wasn't playing the way a normal player normally plays, so most people would not encounter this. But it's something that is easily addressed and will make the mod more robust, so I'll look into it next week.

Heh, never hurts to consider, "how will the gamer find new ways to break my mod?"

See, I'm WAY TOO familiar with this concept, since my job is in software development. LOL
    lansounet said:

I'll lose the attitude when you do as well... how is it a dead magic zone when I can cast spells?

[snip]

You've just been assuming user-error since the beginning and refusing to acknowledge the issue and I've had to rewrite the same thing 4 times now...

[...]

Am i not the one being patient here? Nice bootlicking @Abdel_Adrian :*

With your damn attitude, you're lucky he's helping you at all. IT WAS PARTIALLY user error, because you did something that doesn't make a lot of sense to do as a user. It's not really a mod creator's fault if you decided to do something unconventional. Now, the mod creator can make the fix, but it's still kind of your fault.
    Quit being an ass; mod creators do this shit for free, mostly out of love for the game. You freely chose to use his mod. Now, quit with the vinegar in your tone, and be grateful he's helping you, maybe?
    IchigoRXC
    edited April 2016
    I don't care for help... I'm here to help troubleshoot and I only encounter resistance. I do this for free as well and I get shotdown from the mod author and his cohort of supporters??

AND WHAT IS UNCONVENTIONNAL IN STARTING A TOB GAME FFS ??
    edited April 2016
    lansounet said:

I don't care for help... I'm here to help troubleshoot and I only encounter resistance. I do this for free as well and I get shotdown from the mod author and his cohort of supporters??

YOU WERE RUDE! What did you expect? Your attitude was snarky from the get-go. As for "shot down", that hardly seems to me what happened. Once the issue was fully understood, it was acknowledged as a problem and @subtledoctor said he knew how to fix it. Now buzz off if you're going to keep being an ass.
  • Abdel_AdrianAbdel_Adrian Member Posts: 430
    lansounet said:

Nice bootlicking @Abdel_Adrian :*

HAH! Because I said, "never hurts to consider, 'how will the gamer find new ways to break my mod?'"
    It's true, hardly bootlicking, and it really had nothing to do with you. But if you want to talk about whose boots to lick, those would belong to @subtledoctor. In my years on this forum I have yet to see a more helpful person and you seem to think being rude to him will get your way. Well, he is more patient than I am, because I'm finding you insufferable right now.
    rapsam2003mashedtaters