Skip to content

[Spoilers] Which NPC would you have liked to keep in the party in SOD?

AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
This pool has spoilers about SOD! I warned you!

In Siege of Dragonspear, after the last fight in the crypt where the game begins, many BG NPCs disappear, leaving the party with just a random sentence about what they plan to do. *Sigh*
Which NPC would you have liked to keep in the party in SOD?

Please note that I did not include in the pool Imoen, Tiax, Skie, Coran and Garrick because they still have a cameo or an important rule in the game.
Due to the 10 options limit:
- I could not include Ajantis. If he is the one you would like to travel with, please post his name :)
- I put Yeslick and Kagain together; if you choose this option, please specify which one you voted
  1. [Spoilers] Which NPC would you have liked to keep in the party in SOD?149 votes
    1. Branwen
      12.08%
    2. Xan
      13.42%
    3. Alora
        6.04%
    4. Xzar & Montaron
      12.75%
    5. Faldorn
        3.36%
    6. Shar-Teel
      22.15%
    7. Eldoth
        0.00%
    8. Kivan
      10.74%
    9. Quayle
        0.67%
    10. Yeslick/Kagain (please say which one)
      18.79%
Post edited by Aedan on

Comments

• Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    Honestly, I think Skie should have been in the party to accentuate the development they gave her, but failing that, we needed more Clerics in SOD.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870

"-grunt-"
  • KhalDrogoKhalDrogo Member Posts: 60
    Shar-Teel I like her attitude, she is an independent woman whom dislike men because of their so called superiority. Beside like you said @Aedan We know nothing about her past except her father is a sbire of Sarevok, and she is an evil character.

Main Character, Shar-Teel Dosan, Viconia Devir, Edwin Odeisseron, Dorn-Il-Khan, Safana would be a nice party to have.
  • DanathionDanathion Member Posts: 173
    I think it was a missed opportunity not to expand Branwen and give her the Priest of Tempus kit. Having said that, I would have been *very* upset had her writing not met expectations so maybe its for the best.
  • EnialusMeliamneEnialusMeliamne Member Posts: 399
    Yeslick.
  • QueegonQueegon Member Posts: 363
    Yeslick, I actually finished the SoD game with a dwarven fighter/cleric named Yeslick as my main char. That much I wanted a dwarf and didn't want Glint nor Vic as my cleric.
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    edited April 2016
    Yeslick, Kivan was a costant too in bg but in SoD there is another archer for replace him and nobody like the good old dwarf.
  • pwaringpwaring Member Posts: 81
    Definitely Branwen. The lack of a single-class good or neutral cleric who can join the party is a flaw in SoD IMO.
  • PK2748PK2748 Member Posts: 381
    I voted Shar-Teel because her links to Baldur's Gate make her a natural part of the continuing story logically. Plus she is incredibly versatile so she can fill lots of potential rolls. Keeping Branwen would have been nice as well. They are both going to be part of my canon play through
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    @PK2748
    I agree. Shar-Teel and Branwen are very nice and useful NPCs.
    PS: You forgot to vote :)
  • XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    Kagain... Aparently I'm the only one, BUT I liked his illegal constitution score, not to mention IMO it seemed more relevant for him to join you than Yeslick, considering Yeslick got his vengeance, and Kagain is a mercenary to the bitter end anyways. Add to the fact that his business is basically ruined, AND he's pretty much one of the only Evil pplz that would be able to join you if he WAS added (besides Dorn and Edwin) I think he would have been a wonderful addition.

OH and he's a fighter and this game needs more front liners
  • MidoriMidori Member Posts: 26
    Branwen! I always wanted her in SoA, but failing that at least in SoD would be nice.
  • sera4sera4 Member Posts: 17
    I'm torn between Xan, Shar-teel and Branwen.

We need more male elves and melee fighter ladies. But my vote goes to Shar-teel
  • AzzaraAzzara Member Posts: 184
    I voted for Kagain too. Regeneration saves healing spells.
    They removed all short people from the party - dwarfs, gnomes, halflings.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DetroitRedWings25DetroitRedWings25 Member Posts: 244
    Xzar is without a doubt one of the most entertaining characters in BG1 in my opinion and was in no way expanded upon as much as he should have been. His/Montarons appearance in BG2 was insulting and lazy at the very least. I was really hoping some justice would be done to these characters with a half decent SoD bridge but to no such luck....
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    I voted Alora (I've spent so long playing her in LadyRhian's roleplaying challenge that it would be perverse not to) but it could have been Shar-Teel, Kagain, Kivan or Xzar and Montaron since all of them regularly accompany me on my adventures.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    I'm working on a Shar-Teel mod at the moment. You can read some of her lines here

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/756310/#Comment_756310

(they are a work in progress however)
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580

Shar-Teel gets my vote for reasons already stated, followed by Branwen.
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    Kivan is pretty much replaced by Corwin (ranged sniper-type)
    Eldoth/Garrick - we also have a bard for replacement.
    Tiax - pretty much the same.
    Faldorn, Branwen - new goblin (I still can't remember her name even though I like her as an NPC very much)

My vote is for Kagain... angry, psychopathic dwarfs need some love.
  • ArcalianArcalian Member Posts: 359
    edited April 2016
    I picked Xzar and Monty, but really? ALL OF THEM.
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469

Xzar is without a doubt one of the most entertaining characters in BG1 in my opinion and was in no way expanded upon as much as he should have been. His/Montarons appearance in BG2 was insulting and lazy at the very least. I was really hoping some justice would be done to these characters with a half decent SoD bridge but to no such luck....

Agreed 100%

I like that they got to interact with the first act boss. But there responses seem a little out of place. Rushed...
    Especially their departure... like BG2/BG2EE they assume the protagonist acted a certain way to be the deciding factor of them just saying "This an't working out for us! We gotta go! Sorry... sucks to be you lol"

I'm not Abdel Adrian! Stop forcing your choices on me! I'm a bloody murder!!

However... I would have loved a deeper departure than that considering they spend the WHOLE! Freaking adventure with me, taking down the Iron Throne. I deserve a good goodbye!
  • AyiekieAyiekie Member Posts: 975
    Faldorn because I'm one of her few fans, and her getting any further development would be a pleasant surprise. Plus, I'd be hoping that Beamdog would actually use her BG1 character in further development; even if they messed it up, though, it couldn't be actually worse than what BG2 did.

Xzar would be up there too if it weren't for the fact that he'd need his original voice actor back for a full-length adventure. Faldorn's not nearly as reliant on hers (though I like it well enough).
  • SwashbucklerSwashbuckler Member Posts: 15
    There is only one correct answer.

TIAX RULES ALL!

... why TIAX wasn't given a spot on the voting roster is a matter that shall be dealt with when He RULES ALL!

• AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    elminster said:

I'm working on a Shar-Teel mod at the moment. You can read some of her lines here

Er... Do you want to contribute to this pool voting and adding your two cents or did you post just to advertise your mod?
  • AutocratAutocrat Member Posts: 68
    edited April 2016
    I think Shar-Teel has the most potential. I agree that SoD needs more evil characters, particularly a front-line alternative to Dorn. Branwen would also be welcome, it'd be good with some cleric versatility.

I'm fine with Quayle not being in SoD. He needs some time to justify his personality shift after meeting Aerie, after all. The same goes for Montaron and Xzar.

I wish we'd get an Eldoth cameo, though, if only a brief one. That would be a nice little nod.
    Post edited by Autocrat on
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    The lack of front-line power in SoD is apparent. I picked this option because I'd like to keep either of the dwarves, or both of them.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    Flashburn said:

The lack of front-line power in SoD is apparent. I picked this option because I'd like to keep either of the dwarves, or both of them.

I voted for Shar-Teel because she's always been one of my favorite NPCs, but I agree that from a purely strategical/mechanical perspective, the game could better use either Yeslick or Kagain.