Skip to content

Did 2.x make it possible to add new Classes rather than just Kits

ReddbaneReddbane Member Posts: 222
I have no experience modifying or making mods for the BGEEs myself, other than the simple things one can do in Keeper series. But I wanted to ask the general question to those who actually do mod: has the large rehaul of the games done by Beamdog in 2.x actually made it possible, and perhaps then even viable, to add entire new classes (as well as new Multi/Dual classes) to the game rather than just Kits for the original classes? Beamdog obviously had to recode the engine to a certain extent to allow them to add the Shaman class, but is now possible for modders to do the same thing. I know adding new classes requires one to fiddle with the UI as one would have to make a new quick bar for the new class. How hard is this from a modder’s perspective? Thanks.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ReddbaneReddbane Member Posts: 222
    Well, that's a spirit breaker.
    Grammarsaladjackjack
  • jethrojethro Member Posts: 81
    Here's a question: is there a global list of things that are now available for modders to do that wasn't before? What were the changes specifically?
    jackjack
  • lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    The patch notes include the new effects and features that can be used, but they might be buried in between bugfixes, UI enhancements and whatnot. A list with all these modding enhancements might be worth making indeed.

Personally I love the new "enchantment vs creature type" effect, finally allowing some weapons to be as they should always have been.
  • ReddbaneReddbane Member Posts: 222

Well, only if you were hoping for the impossible... you must learn to temper your expectations!

2.0 lets modders do a lot of cool stuff that wasn't possible before. No reason for broken spirits.

But now my dreams of Multi-Bards are even more delusional!
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    lansounet said:

Personally I love the new "enchantment vs creature type" effect, finally allowing some weapons to be as they should always have been.

@lansounet I have been looking for this... Where can it be found? My Shades of Rhondang spell would benefit greatly from it.
  • lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    edited April 2016
    It's effect opcode 344, you can look at items like flame tongue, root of the problem, or daystar in the latest patch for usage. New Near Infinity versions have the new opcodes registered, no idea about DLTCEP
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    Thank you @lansounet I was trying to find this before 2.x was released, but couldn't figure out if there was anything. I will look at the items. Excellent!