Skip to content

The strongest Sword Coast hero?

adormituladormitul Member Posts: 63
As you know the Sword Coast has tons of heroes for some reason but among the miriad of heroes in that part of the world who is the strongest?

Comments

• EnialusMeliamneEnialusMeliamne Member Posts: 399
    By strongest, do you mean in physical strength or do you mean in influence and position?
  • adormituladormitul Member Posts: 63
    Good point well who has he biggest chance for example save the Sword Coast from a demon and devil invasion or from protecting it from the avatar of a greater deity or from the attack of powerful nation like Thay or Cormyr or Netheril.
    So a combination of all 3 I guess. For example the Knight Capitain managed to stop a shadow undead invasion by having influence and position together with physical or magical strength or both. The hero of Untrendide stopped a drow, undead invasion by killing the second strongest archedevil he did not had a lot of influence or position just strength be it magical or physical.
    The hero of Neverwinter had all 3 also. But my point is what hero among the miriad of heroes is the most powerful meaning the best in stopping well truly terrible threats.
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    Ahem, you can literally become a god in ToB.
  • EnialusMeliamneEnialusMeliamne Member Posts: 399
    I think a lot of variables come into play in a hypothetical like this. Timeline, scope of the adventure, location, canonicity, etc.
    iKrivetko said:

Ahem, you can literally become a god in ToB.

True but because of the rules AO made you are no longer a hero you will live in your own plain and make plans that you think are so great the mortals can not comprehend but they do they just do not care. Nobody sees Shar or Try or Helm or Torm doing anything heroic in the Sword Coast. So if you become a god you are no longer a hero.

I think a lot of variables come into play in a hypothetical like this. Timeline, scope of the adventure, location, canonicity, etc.

Timeline well does not matter any hero from any time technology in Forgotten Realms kinds stagnates so people from -400000 have the same tech like the ones in 1450, location Sword Coast, canonicity well flexible video game character work also, scope of the adventure stop Asmodeus and demon lords from making the Sword coast the blood war battleground. Who of the heroes that ever did heroics in the sword coast is the one powerful enough to stop such a thing or if there more who can do it better and faster?
  • ChnapyChnapy Member Posts: 360
    edited April 2016
    Why, have you not heard of Meilum the Masterful, Sword Coast's most skilled swordsman? Clearly none but him could deserve such a title!
    Chnapy said:

Why, have you not heard of Meilum the Masterful, Sword Coast's most skilled swordsman? Clearly none but him could deserve such a title!

Oh I heard of him to bad that his swords can not even scratch a pit lord a archdevil or a demon lord is is gonna eat him for breakfast.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    ZARGUL STRONGEST OF THEM ALL!
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    It would have to be Boo, of course.
    Of course because he goes for the eyes no creature no matter how strong can protect itself from that except if you are a lich or a skeleton the you have a hamster in you that you can not get rid of.
  • ChidojuanChidojuan Member Posts: 211
    @decado YOU BE QUIET!!!
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    edited April 2016
    Well, in HotU you can claim the throne of Cania, so I guess that makes it the second best thing after godhood in terms of power?
    iKrivetko said:

Well, in HotU you can claim the throne of Cania, so I guess that makes it the second best thing after godhood in terms of power?

I do not think you can sure that was what the second strongest archedevil wanted but I do not think you get it.Its like this you kill him he goes back you banish him he goes back basically either way he goes back and no throne for you. On the other hand the only other creature besides the strongest archedevil that defeated him was a demigod you that speaks volumes on how strong the hero of unrentide was.
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    adormitul said:

iKrivetko said:

I do not think you can sure that was what the second strongest archedevil wanted but I do not think you get it.Its like this you kill him he goes back you banish him he goes back basically either way he goes back and no throne for you. On the other hand the only other creature besides the strongest archedevil that defeated him was a demigod you that speaks volumes on how strong the hero of unrentide was.
    If you know his true name you get this:

"It is said that you ascended to the throne of Cania, the great archdevil Mephistopheles bound to your service by your use of his True Name. News from the depths of the Nine Hells is ever unreliable, but some claim that he served you faithfully, bowing and scraping before you even as he longed for your mortal life to expire. Some tales relate that Mephistopheles would attempt to trick you as he did the Valsharess. Other tales relate that the gods themselves would intervene and alter your fate."
  • KcoQuidamKcoQuidam Member Posts: 181
    Deekins the kobold bard.

Ok let's be serious. He's not the strongest, just the second.

The first is Boo.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Anduin is pretty awesome hero.

Just saying...

Possibly not that influential...

*cough*
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited April 2016
    Well...Elminster of course. *

*I'm totally not a bit biased here.
    elminster said:

Well...Elminster of course. *

*I'm totally not a bit biased here.

Well will he is a Faerun hero is he a sword coast hero?
  • GozetaGozeta Member Posts: 105
    I think Drizzt Do'Urden wins, with his overpowered plot device.
  • Diogenes42Diogenes42 Member Posts: 597
    Me