Skip to content

A new, improved version of the Shadowdancer kit in BG2:EE

2»

Comments

• tennisgolfbolltennisgolfboll Member Posts: 457
    Great stuff more like this!!
  • InfiltratorInfiltrator Member Posts: 121
    This is awesome news indeed, I can't wait to play a SD in BG2EE :)
  • enneractenneract Member Posts: 187
    edited November 2013
    Just to let folks know, I've reposted a mod to update the BG:EE SD to match the BG2:EE SD

Link

Mod edit: fixed link
    JuliusBorisov
  • jhneohjhneoh Member Posts: 42
    I modded Hexxat into a Shadowdancer, thought it suited her more than a pure thief. She kicks ass now.
  • PurudayaPurudaya Member Posts: 816
    jhneoh said:

I modded Hexxat into a Shadowdancer, thought it suited her more than a pure thief. She kicks ass now.

@jhneoh May I ask how? Any time I've tried to add the shadowdancer kit to a character via EE Keeper, the HiPS ability doesn't work.
    Purudaya said:

jhneoh said:

@jhneoh May I ask how? Any time I've tried to add the shadowdancer kit to a character via EE Keeper, the HiPS ability doesn't work.
    Mine works fine. Did you do the "Add kit abilities from level X-Y" ?
  • RazaDelromRazaDelrom Member Posts: 149
    As help: create a SD save, then open another window with the savegame of your char to modify. Since you got two windows, you can now use the copy and paste buttons to get a replica of the effects.
    The add kit should work better but I nade a mistake trying to build a F/SD and got a 4x backstab on a lvl 8 char - which was not what I wanted. Took me a while to smoothen the char out. Wether it's one of your own or one of the NPC's doesn't matter.
    JuliusBorisov
  • SarnindSarnind Member Posts: 256
    x4 at level 13, for my opinion is too powerful, shadowdancer is a totally cheat, disagree.
    Sarnind said:

x4 at level 13, for my opinion is too powerful, shadowdancer is a totally cheat, disagree.

Just out of curiosity, have you gotten a chance to play it? Mine still misses enough that it doesn't feel at all like a cheat - an unkitted fighter has the same or better DPS. But it is at least combat viable, which isn't the reliably the case for other thief kits.
    JuliusBorisovsemiticgoddess

As help: create a SD save, then open another window with the savegame of your char to modify. Since you got two windows, you can now use the copy and paste buttons to get a replica of the effects.
    The add kit should work better but I nade a mistake trying to build a F/SD and got a 4x backstab on a lvl 8 char - which was not what I wanted. Took me a while to smoothen the char out. Wether it's one of your own or one of the NPC's doesn't matter.

I'll try that - thanks for the tip :)
    Purudaya said:

Sarnind said:

Just out of curiosity, have you gotten a chance to play it? Mine still misses enough that it doesn't feel at all like a cheat - an unkitted fighter has the same or better DPS. But it is at least combat viable, which isn't the reliably the case for other thief kits.
    I don't think it's overpowered. The biggest difference is that you are sacrificing a x1 backstab multiplier (compared to stock Thief) for greater survivability (being able to run away) after a backstab.

You can only do it once per round, so if you're focusing on controlling the Shadowdancer, you won't really be controlling the others (unless you pause a lot).

• InfiltratorInfiltrator Member Posts: 121
    jhneoh said:

I don't think it's overpowered. The biggest difference is that you are sacrificing a x1 backstab multiplier (compared to stock Thief) for greater survivability (being able to run away) after a backstab.

The trap loss is also pretty big. I think it's fine really. Assassins can typically dispatch everyone in one hit with no need to run away, even at lower levels thanks to their thac0 and +1 dmg (multiplicative by stab bonuses).

Basically the SD is really good at playing defensively throughout early game of BG1 but gains substantial, consistent damage later on. The assassin is definitely better at burst DPS (which is better in some situations) but I think that the overall DPS in still in the favor of the SD because of the sheer amount of backstabs per fight that he can exert.
    elminster
  • AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    jhneoh said:

You can only do it once per round, so if you're focusing on controlling the Shadowdancer, you won't really be controlling the others (unless you pause a lot).

You're basically saying that a Shadowdancer isn't that strong unless you play well, do you know that ? :D
  • PblackPblack Member Posts: 37
    Does the Shadow Twin get the exact same equipment as the shadowdancer? Also, that being the case... a shadow twin of a shadowdancer that is using UAI, will be able to use UAI enabled equipment even if he is of lower level and technically, the shadowdancer at that level did not have UAI?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Pblack said:

Does the Shadow Twin get the exact same equipment as the shadowdancer? Also, that being the case... a shadow twin of a shadowdancer that is using UAI, will be able to use UAI enabled equipment even if he is of lower level and technically, the shadowdancer at that level did not have UAI?

They keep HLA's though I think the second generation (so shadow twins of shadow twins) will lose access to UAI but keep the ability to use any other HLA's you may have acquired.
    jackjack
  • AewyrvenAewyrven Member Posts: 228
    edited April 2016
    I want to reply but I'm drunk so I'm just going to flag this to watch and then reply when sober..

Lets just say this for you dudes and dudettes.....

Don't play a SD as an assassin or backstabber. Play it more like a monk/SD from nwn .and yeah... your hips will trigger in sunlight in bg1 IF you hips in the trees.... if my ranger can your SD can
    GoturalPurudayaJuliusBorisov
  • KoyoteKoyote Member Posts: 89
    Aewyrven said:

I want to reply but I'm drunk so I'm just going to flag this to watch and then reply when sober..

Hehe, had you been a little more sober you might have realized that you were necroing a thread over 2 years dead.
    jackjackAerakarPurudayaJuliusBorisov