Skip to content

AI problem - Safana won't find traps

amyaeamyae Member Posts: 71
I'm having issues with the "find traps when idle" part of the advanced AI. It worked fine for Montaron, but for some reason it won't work with Safana. I don't have any mods installed. Anyone else having this issue or know how to fix it?

Comments

• magisenseimagisensei Member Posts: 316
    When you do it manually can she find traps? Does the finding trap button light up when you assign the script to her?

Is it possible that her trap finding skill is too low to be able to find any?

It could be just a hiccup in the game - exit the game and restart - does that do anything?
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Are you sure you've applied it individually to all your thieves?
  • amyaeamyae Member Posts: 71
    edited April 2016
    She finds traps fine when I click the "find traps" button. It's just the script that doesn't work (doesn't turn the "find traps" button on). I've turned the AI off and on, and exited the game and restarted, no dice.

Haven't tried on any other thieves, as Safana and Montaron are the only ones I've had in my party so far. I'll try and pick up someone else and see if it works for them.
  • amyaeamyae Member Posts: 71
    Okay, I just tried switching from the "Advanced AI" script to the "Thief Controlled" script and finding traps works fine. So I assume the problem is specific to the Advanced AI settings. But at least that's a workaround.
  • TrudeauIsSantaTrudeauIsSanta Member Posts: 161
    Sometimes you need to turn the script to none, hit done, then flick it back to advanced ai again.

AI is better overall but randomly dropping scripts seems to be part of IE. Even the longstanding mods never cured this.
    Sids1188
  • magisenseimagisensei Member Posts: 316
    I've also noticed that the AI does does have a few hiccups for NPCs in the 5th and 6th spot it does not seem to work consistently.
  • GalahardGalahard Member Posts: 8
    I'm having the same issue with Safana, none of the scripts work, neither the Advanced AI nor the predefined Thief AIs. I remember these working with Imoen.
    I tried resetting to None, saving, restarting the game etc., none have worked so far.
    Bugged?
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    Hi
    Simple check first, you do have party AI enabled (lantern icon at lower right) and AI is working for other party members.

Either zip and attach a save or have a look at the local variables for the character in EE Keeper. If there are any that match those in the thread below, delete them (may be similar variables such as rr#hide)

http://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/64543/imported-blade-from-sod-doesnt-cast-spells-automatically
    JuliusBorisovGalahard
  • GalahardGalahard Member Posts: 8
    Thanks Gate70, it was the Party AI for me, I knew it was something trivial, haven't played this game for so long, I forgot about it.
    JuliusBorisov