Skip to content

v2.1 Update (Release Notes Attached)

Comments

• Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    Archmage said:

2. Store inventory's windows scales badly. There are lots of unused space. If you don't want to give users freedom of not having to scroll, at least you could've placed store's inventory in the center of the screen so it wasn't so ugly. Here is an example (my screen resolution is 1280x1024): http://imgur.com/emUDpgT

Options - Graphics - Scale User Interface

DONE and you're ready to go!

• MastablasterMastablaster Member Posts: 7
    Finally i can play on Legacy of Bhaal, thanks. I have few questions though. When will you correct pathfinding ? Almost all the time one or more char is stuck trying to pass through ally or enemy, even if there is plenty space available around him. And fear spell works as confusion, enemies can attack or even cast spells when running away. Berserk spell is working correctly ? Before npc using it used to attack enemies first and allies later and now it attacks whoever he likes (usually allies), even if there are many enemies alive.
  • ArchmageArchmage Member Posts: 32

Archmage said:

2. Store inventory's windows scales badly. There are lots of unused space. If you don't want to give users freedom of not having to scroll, at least you could've placed store's inventory in the center of the screen so it wasn't so ugly. Here is an example (my screen resolution is 1280x1024): http://imgur.com/emUDpgT

No, i tried that. It's not working. And it wasn't meant to.
    Option you mentioned is intended for people, who play in windowed mode. I tried that (in window mode) and bars on left and right do scale indeed! But store's inventory window doesn't fit into the category it seems. It doesn't scale. And i don't want to play it windowed anyway, even if it worked (but it doesn't).

I've seen fresh youtube videos of BG:EE (uploaded 1 day ago or so) and they have same issue. Maybe not so much spacing like in my case, because theirs resolution is more widescreen'ish. My monitor's aspect ratio is 5:4, it is 17 inch, 1280x1024 pixels.
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    edited April 2016
    Archmage said:

Archmage said:

No, i tried that. It's not working. And it wasn't meant to.
    Option you mentioned is intended for people, who play in windowed mode. I tried that (in window mode) and bars on left and right do scale indeed! But store's inventory window doesn't fit into the category it seems. It doesn't scale. And i don't want to play it windowed anyway, even if it worked (but it doesn't).

I've seen fresh youtube videos of BG:EE (uploaded 1 day ago or so) and they have same issue. Maybe not so much spacing like in my case, because theirs resolution is more widescreen'ish. My monitor's aspect ratio is 5:4, it is 17 inch, 1280x1024 pixels.
    Bummer.
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    having the non-english voiceovers and translations that actually *exist* would really be great ...

it would be even greater if there was some kind of real quality check when doing patches that ensure this is not like *always* a game of chance with each patch again whether the languages are in or not ... like forgetting italian language, not including german voiceovers that were present in 1.3, not having german voiceovers in BG2:EE that actually exist in BG2:vanilla ... having them in some editions like steam, but not having them in others like beamdog standalone ... is this really so difficult to manage asssets in a way this can not happen?
    i totally get it that translate and re-voice the new material in each and every language is not easy or cheap, but at least reliably having the stuff that was created and is idling around would be great.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    edited April 2016
    The character sheet makes sense now! Huzzah!
    Wrong thread, oops. Still though, love the update. Thanks for the super-quick turnaround!
    Post edited by jackjack on
  • gnappomangnappoman Member Posts: 8
    why don't u make a single unified world map for all the three games and expansions?
  • Dradeel_rulesDradeel_rules Member Posts: 25
    Saving crashes the game with some characters in the party(all custom party).
    Tried removing their gear in EE but still it crashes.

Worked fine in 2.0.
  • Arsene_LupinArsene_Lupin Member Posts: 181
    Still waiting on a UI overhaul to fix all of the problems with the latest UI overhaul.
  • ShaalShaal Member Posts: 6
    Hi guys. First of all, thank you for the rapidity with which you came up with this update. Thank you for listening to the community!

I have a few points on which I'd like to bring some positive criticism though:

1) Like acidchalk mentioned in this thread, I really miss the little scrolls that used to unfold when you left your mouse over characters / stuff (or pressed tab). In my opinion they looked much better than the small boxes that replaced them. I miss the sight of them, but also especially the sound. I can still hear them in my head. It really feels like something is missing, and the result is that the immersion is less complete. They were a part of the experience back in the days, and feeling nostalgia is part of what I like about playing these enhanced editions. If I remember correctly, they were present in v1.3, would it be possible to implement them back? That would be awesome.

2) The menus look so much better since v2.1, however, I still think that the spell books used to look better with the bigger icons for the spells.

3) Thanks for putting back the actual amount of XP for the characters.

4) A detail: in Irenicus dungeon, in a room on the up right hand side, the animations of the fire place and the candle glowing on the table look very pixelated, even when zoomed out at maximum. I don't remember if it was this way in BG2 vanilla.

Feel free to tell me if this post belongs somewhere else.

Thanks and goodbye!
  • RarilmarRarilmar Member Posts: 1
    Dark Moon Monks don't get the 10% detect illusion and start with o skills at lvl1, bug? :disappointed:
  • marzbarzmarzbarz Member Posts: 187
    Not complaints just noticed a few things since 2.0/updates recently that bug me.
    Noticed slower clicking in bg2ee, slower menu navigating ( weird black screen popping up between changes for a second before going to right menu, moving items is so weird now too but no idea if that's intended or a bug, game crashing unless I not click after I chose a gender in bg2ee, the screen/mouse moving/scrolling is weird and slow even with the slider being fixed up, the sell/buy menu cuts off actual prices if theyre over 9999, the chat bar oon main game cant be scrolled through with my middle mouse button anymore as effective ( skipping dialogue in huge chunks ), combine that last one with the arrows to move the chat up/down being stuck on top of each other unless it page up, and just general choppiness of things now. I may have to revert to 1.3 for bg2ee because it really irks me after playing since vanilla release.
    Oh also moving around points in character creation is depressingly slow now compared to before.

Im not sure if these are bugs or intended changes and they weren't around a few weeks ago/before the past few updates. I tried to get used to it but it feels pretty weird. I dunno why those neat scroll things were swapped to a generic black box either?
    I cant even get used to the scripts being random and actually having to change them now. Does anyone know what the default was before they changed that? It irks me when my guys start casting spells while im trying to coordinate things. It results in a wasted spell/terrible spell choice 75% of the time.
  • PhælinPhælin Member Posts: 316
    No update for GOG yet. How long does it take, usually?
  • Cccbon3Cccbon3 Member Posts: 3
    The incompetence is strong here...ill stick to 1.3 or vanilla for now, maybe they will have it fixed in a year or so, just like with the initial EE releases

I was really (like REALLY) excited for the new addon, but after seeing the awful UI and other changes nobody asked for i wont buy...just seems to me like beamdog is turning gold to crap tbh
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Swifty_MageeSwifty_Magee Member Posts: 229
    Przemkas said:

No update for GOG yet. How long does it take, usually?

GOG tends to take somewhere between 2 to 5 days to launch a game update. It depends on what day the game update went live. Also, GOG tends to not release updates on weekends.

So in this instance, where patch 2.1 went live last Thursday, the GOG versions of patch 2.1 probably will come out later today (Tuesday) or Wednesday. The same thing happened with patch 2.0; it was released for Beamdog and Steam versions on a Thursday and didn't come out for GOG until the following Wednesday.
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    marzbarz said:

I cant even get used to the scripts being random and actually having to change them now. Does anyone know what the default was before they changed that? It irks me when my guys start casting spells while im trying to coordinate things. It results in a wasted spell/terrible spell choice 75% of the time.

In the advanced script or something like that, you just have to toggle off offensive and defensive spellcasting. There are a lot of options there.

Illustair said:

marzbarz said:

In the advanced script or something like that, you just have to toggle off offensive and defensive spellcasting. There are a lot of options there.

Yee I know that I just cant remember what the older script was before these changes happened.
    edited April 2016
    Anyone notice any slowdown with the 2.1 patch? Just started a new BGEE game and in Candlekeep in the area where you talk to Gorion (in the middle of the map where the four water fountains are), there is a massive framerate drop. Only happens to me after the 2.1 patch.

Is anyone else experiencing that or getting framerate drops anywhere else after 2.1?
  • JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    No frame drops for me. In fact, except for multiplayer, I've experienced no bugs at all with the latest patch.

Must be lucky. I guess it's to make up for all the crappy attack rolls I experience.
    edited April 2016

Anyone notice any slowdown with the 2.1 patch? Just started a new BGEE game and in Candlekeep in the area where you talk to Gorion (in the middle of the map where the four water fountains are), there is a massive framerate drop. Only happens to me after the 2.1 patch.

Is anyone else experiencing that or getting framerate drops anywhere else after 2.1?

I'm getting some more slowdown right outside of Candlekeep when I walk along the the cliff. I think the new water effects are giving me framerate drops, but I've only been experiencing this with 2.1. Patch 2.0 ran fine.

UPDATE: Playing farther into the game, it seems like focusing the camera near any body of water causes massive framerate drops. Again, this did not happen with any previous version of the game; framerate was always stable until the 2.1 patch.

Also, and this is unrelated to the water framerate problem, but occasionally I loose the ability to unstack items (arrows, potions, spell scrolls, etc.). It may be related to a slight lag that happens when you're in the inventory. If I quit and restart the game, that sometimes fixes the unstack issue.

Like the framerate drop problem, I never experienced this until version 2.1. Just remembered that the unstacking items problem started at patch 2.0...the framerate issues didn't happen until 2.1.

UPDATE 2: When I went to the Gnoll Stronghold to rescue Dynaheir, I got some framerate drops in the middle of the stronghold near the pit area where Dynaheir is kept. This is the first area I've been to where the framerate drops without any body of water being nearby.
    Post edited by Swifty_Magee on
  • AardwolfAardwolf Member Posts: 4
    edited April 2016
    Will this version come to android?

Play store still has a version 1.3 from august 2015 that has a touch-location-shifted-vs-screen-location bug on recent devices, just see how many play store comments mention it. Thanks!
  • maneromanero Member Posts: 392
    +1 please update droid version to 2.01
  • SherwoodSherwood Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2016
    I am currently waiting for a reply from Support, trying to get a pre-v2 patched version of BGII:EE, because it will not run on my Mac (OS X 10.6.8) even though system requirements posted on its Buy page say it will.

I've tried installing it twice. The latest version I installed was v2.1.63.2. Before I installed it, I unchecked the option to check for updates, hoping to get the unpatched version, but it installed with the patch anyway.
    When I try to open it I get an error that says, "You have Mac OSX 10.6.8. The application requires Mac OS X 10.8 or later."

Beamdog needs to change the System Requirements on the Buy page, if the game won't run on them now.
    Or better yet, there should be an option when you install the game that allows you to install it without patches.

By the way... when I updated BG:EE, the same thing happened. However, I backed up my game right before I ran the updater (Momma didn't raise no dummies!), and when the patched version wouldn't run, I switched back to the original Game Data folder, which runs just fine. My copy of Icewind Dale (v1.4) runs fine as well.

Edit: So I've heard back from Support. Basically they told me I'm SOL unless I want to upgrade my operating system (can't yet), or go through Steam (No. Just no.) to get the pre-patched version, because Beamdog can't provide it. Seriously? The developer wants me to go through a third party vendor instead of taking care of it themselves? I'm dumbfounded.

Oh, and I just checked. The system requirements listed on the Buy pages for both BG:EE & BGII:EE still say they run on Mac OSX 10.6.8 and later, even though I've brought it to their attention now that they DO NOT. C'mon Beamdog. Fix it.

*Sigh* I'll have to wait to play BGII until later this year when I get my new Mac, I guess. By then, hopefully the dust will have cleared and v2 will be a long-forgotten bad memory.
    Post edited by Sherwood on
  • Bhaal_JuniorBhaal_Junior Member Posts: 6
    In BG2:EE, the spell chain contigency is not working properly.
    Expected: Spells of 8th level or lower may be used
    Observed: Spells of 7th level or lower may be used
  • DeCrunchDeCrunch Member Posts: 14
    The multiplayer crash-on-save-bug is ridiculous and, frankly, I cannot understand how it could have been released like that.
    Players as alpha testers, that's what it feels like.
    1.3 worked fine, without any real problems, but everything after that made it a bugfest, unfortunately.
This discussion has been closed.