Skip to content

v2.1 Update (Release Notes Attached)

Today we're pleased to bring you v2.1, which includes a number of fixes to BG:EE, BGII:EE, and the Siege of Dragonspear expansion. The full release notes are linked below, but here are the highlights:

- Difficulty options should now be preserved across saved games
- Using cloud saves should no longer cause game crashes in multiplayer
- Multiplayer in general should be more stable

We still have a few lingering issues to fix regarding multiplayer, as well as other areas of the game that need some more polish; those things will be addressed in one of our upcoming updates. In the meantime, enjoy this first batch of fixes!
CerevantCaradocSilverstarFlashburnJiveOnebrusQuique[Deleted User]CrevsDaaksarevok57JuliusBorisovkaguanaSssiksseilorhook71[Deleted User]lolienbluntfeatherKirinaldojackjackAnduinfrede957HalfOrcBeastmasterMidorikruugAwong124inethmashedtatersMontresor_SP

Comments

• JiveOneJiveOne Member Posts: 43
    Just noticed and updating now. Thanks for the urgency with all the fixes!
    QuartzJuliusBorisovlolienjackjack
  • QuiqueQuique Member Posts: 62
    Thanks to the team, just a quick question, should I update BGEE and then BGSOD or should I just update BGSOD?
    JuliusBorisovlolienMidori
  • bastarcbastarc Member Posts: 7
    edited April 2016
    is there anywhere to post bug reports for this version? my game crashes now whenever i try to travel between sections.

This is a game breaking update
  • SteamcrusherSteamcrusher Member Posts: 4
    what the fuck
    game crashes when we travel
    wtf IS THIS NAMED STABILITY
    RESET ALL, ERASE THIS UPDATE FFS
    lelag200
  • KellonKellon Member Posts: 1
    having a issue i have looked everywhere trying to download baldur's gate: siege of dragonspear and says my main game is not up to date but i cant seem to find any downloads any where. downloaded everything on gog.com. any suggestions would be great
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    JuliusBorisovjackjack
  • SteamcrusherSteamcrusher Member Posts: 4

bastarc said:

is there anywhere to post bug reports for this version? my game crashes now whenever i try to travel between sections.

Guide to reporting bugs.

I'm able to travel between sections with no crashing in single player. Is it a multi player only bug?
    yes
    lolienjackjack
  • QuiqueQuique Member Posts: 62
    edited April 2016
    Kellon said:

having a issue i have looked everywhere trying to download baldur's gate: siege of dragonspear and says my main game is not up to date but i cant seem to find any downloads any where. downloaded everything on gog.com. any suggestions would be great

I'm not sure the update will be already available in GOG. I don't have BGEE in GOG, but try checking the installer files for when were they uploaded or the version they are trying to install.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

bastarc said:

Guide to reporting bugs.

I'm able to travel between sections with no crashing in single player. Is it a multi player only bug?
    yes
    yes this is a multiplayer issue for me too. one user on mac and one on windows
    lolien
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited April 2016

I loaded a sod mp save and transitioned to different zones within areas (different floors at the castle) and between areas (castle, inns, camp, wilderness) with another player and the game didn't crash. Host had Steam with Linux, joiner had Beamdog with Windows 7.

Perhaps the crashing has to do with the game version the saves were made in?

my game saves were made in version 2.1 only a week ago, I dont have any other saves to compare to

Edit: I guess it was actually 2.0 last week
    [Deleted User]
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    I have a couple questions about the update:

#1 I noticed that starting with update 2.0 when you went into the inventory and right click on an item to see its description, you couldn't press enter to close that window any more, which is kind of a pain because if you are trying to identify items in a timely fashion, it now takes forever

#2 and speaking about the inventory, is that random lag now gone as well? rumor has it that the reason why there was lag in the inventory screen ( lag as in when you wanted to pick up items in the inventory it would lag when you picked them up and dropped them) was because of custom AI setups, but I was using default AI scripts that came with the very original BGEE and I still got that lag, so in other words, has this been fixed as well?
    jackjackCluas
  • fantasmafantasma Member Posts: 35
    I have a question regarding the patch note:
    Concentration checks when a spellcaster takes damage will now use the original Baldur's Gate behavior (22338)

What is this supposed to mean?
  • FlayerivFlayeriv Member Posts: 23
    Hey.

So we've had a few issues.
    1. Quicksaving causes a game crash.
    2. We have a few mods installed, and every time Jaheira speaks it just comes up as Invalid, so I'm wondering if the dialogue.tlk file has finally affected those mods.
  • Sids1188Sids1188 Member Posts: 165
    sarevok57 said:

I have a couple questions about the update:

#1 I noticed that starting with update 2.0 when you went into the inventory and right click on an item to see its description, you couldn't press enter to close that window any more, which is kind of a pain because if you are trying to identify items in a timely fashion, it now takes forever

That was bugging me too. You can use esc to close it, but it doesn't feel as natural - I always reach for enter first.
    sarevok57
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    For anyone who has a monthly download cap, do know the update to v2.1 from v2.0 is: 1.4GB

Hope that helps anyone who updated BG:EE and also downloaded SoD in April, and now have this update to download as well.
    dunbar
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    Also, make sure to back up your override. The Beamdog update deleted it, but the Steam update didn't.
    jackjack
  • raelcariraelcari Member Posts: 133
    Has this been fixed? Currently playing through the game with 4 friends, and would like to know if it's safe to update... Also, does this affect local games?
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    edited April 2016
    raelcari said:

Has this been fixed? Currently playing through the game with 4 friends, and would like to know if it's safe to update... Also, does this affect local games?

Has what in particular been fixed?

Update will update whatever game is updated (BG:EE, SoD or BG2:EE), regardless of local / multiplayer games. It's a version update from v2.0 to v2.1 right across the board.

All four players will also require updating to match the host version.

There are some reports of issues with multiplayer games crashing on saving, so perhaps wait a few more days to see if indeed, it is a major problem.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/52986/2-1-multiplayer-crashes-when-saving-or-quick-saving
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/50267/multiplayer-issues-after-patch
    Post edited by Sylvus_Moonbow on
  • AlabamatickAlabamatick Member Posts: 3
    I have baldur's gate EE from gog, update 2.0 caused the game to totally freeze when clicking the save button, to the point i have to close the game with task manager, (there is a crash dump report) i didn't realize there was a 2.1 coming and i'm currently rolling back to version 26566739, (that version worked (and saved fine))

did anybody else have that problem ?, (if it works i'll leave it on that version, unless somebody else (with the same problem reports 2.1 works))
    Edit: i have no mods btw
  • dreypdxdreypdx Member Posts: 21
    edited April 2016
    Where is patch 2.1 - where/how do I get it?

edit: ok - had to log out , then back in to Beamdog for the update to show
    Post edited by dreypdx on
  • MrSextonMrSexton Member Posts: 396
    Jesus, quite a lot of bugs and this was just round one. Well done devs. Look forward to more fixes and tweaks! /J
    Update: yes the previous version (26566739) works fine, i can now save my game again (i won't update to 2.1 unless somebody reports the save bug is fixed
  • ArchmageArchmage Member Posts: 32
    edited April 2016
    1. In classic Baldur's Gate picking up item in inventory replaces cursor (hand) with enlarged item.
    Why you changed this behavior? This is hugely inferior to classics in my opinion.

2. Store inventory's windows scales badly. There are lots of unused space. If you don't want to give users freedom of not having to scroll, at least you could've placed store's inventory in the center of the screen so it wasn't so ugly. Here is an example (my screen resolution is 1280x1024): http://imgur.com/emUDpgT

3. When i tried your 2.0.something version of BG:EE a couple of days ago, i found a few bugs: 3 options in "Graphics" settings are reset to default after game quit. Among those: "pixels outline" (don't remember correct name of it, because i uninstalled the game), two options related to health (health bar, health on char's icon).

4. Setting larger font size doesn't affect journal's pop-up window font.

5. IDK if it's a bug or not, but when i tried to break lock by force on a chest it makes no sound at all. I could swear it had sound in classics. <--Checked this out in Classic version: has same behaviour.
    Post edited by Archmage on
  • acidchalkacidchalk Member Posts: 70
    Cool, thank you for the patch! Any clue if we'll be getting back the old unrolling scroll windows when we mouse over things? I really dislike the plain old generic mmo text boxes, i can still hear the sound the scroll makes in my head!
This discussion has been closed.