Skip to content

Ranger Stronghold first quest - where's Mairyn?

pwaringpwaring Member Posts: 81
I've completed the first ranger stronghold quest and persuaded Lord Igen to leave without destroying the forest. However, I've got a journal entry saying that I can now return to Mairyn to complete the quest, but I can't find her anywhere. She's not in the cabin I've been given, or outside, or anywhere on the Temple Ruins area.

Is there a specific place I need to look for Mairyn? Failing that, is there a way to bring her in using the console so that I can complete the quest and move on to the next one?

Comments

• QueegonQueegon Member Posts: 363
    She should be near the stairs to shadow dungeon in the same area.
  • pwaringpwaring Member Posts: 81
    I believe that's after the third quest (which requires you to go back into the dungeon), not the first one. In any event, she's not there.
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    This is from an old thread on pocketplane, maybe it will help. I am not sure what the timer value is, seconds? I guess you could shorten it up.

SetGlobal("RangerProtector","Global",1)
    SetGlobalTimer("MairynAppear","Global",14400)
    SetGlobalTimer doesn't work, I get the error message:

attempt to call method 'SetGlobalTimer' (a nil value)

I can get the global 'MairynAppear' - it is set to 8771332
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    edited April 2016
    If you let the game run for a while does it appear to be counting down?

I also flagged this for the mods to move it to the Troubleshooting forum, hopefully you will get smarter help there. :)
    jackjack
    No, it isn't counting down. I've gone off and done a whole other quest (Nalia's keep) and still it's set to 8771332.
    Is there any way to solve this, e.g. by spawning Mairyn through the console? I'm nearing the end of BG2 and I want to complete the stronghold quests before I move to the elven city.
    edited April 2016
    Found the code in the end, after a lot of searching:

C:CreateCreature("RSPIRIT1")

Fairly sure this is a bug though.
    mf2112
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    @pwaring if you have a save from the point of her not turning up please could you zip and attach it then namedrop me.
    Thanks
    Sorry, I've cycled through the saves already (and also found a bug whereby you can accidentally kill Mairyn if a cleric in your group is turning undead when she appears).
    jackjack