Skip to content

Has Nahal's Reckless Dweomer "glitch" been fixed?

I read somewhere on the forum long time ago that wild mages can cast minor sequencer, sequencer, spell trigger, contingecy and chain contingencies via NRD. Today it sorta crossed my mind and thought to try it out myself, but after casting NRD I found sequencers and contingencies are not on the list of spells that can be NRDed.
Has this been fixed? patch 2.0 and 2.1 changelogs certainly don't contain any information related to these. Or could it be I big-world-setupped mods on my install?

Comments

• semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @fantasma: I think they changed that in EE. In vanilla it was possible to stack them, at least via triggers and contingencies, but EE made them inherently non-stackable.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    It still works well on 1.3, haven't tried on 2. and beyond. I must confess I abuse this a lot, especially if you are still low level at 9-10 and happen to scribe a trigger to your book by pure chance, it is awesome! It is wild magic!

@fantasma: I think they changed that in EE. In vanilla it was possible to stack them, at least via triggers and contingencies, but EE made them inherently non-stackable.

@semiticgod the question is not about stacking chaos shields, it is the casting of contingency/trigger type spells via NRD. As of in 1.3, casting of contingency/trigger etc. via NRD always succeeds, making wild mage very convenient:no need to actually memorise triggers and contingencies, just abuse cheap 1st lvl slots to cast chain contingency! However, the next spell casted will be a wild surge with %100 chance, as the NRD's surge is simply delayed till the next casting.