Skip to content

All the Allies Trophy?

baldrat60baldrat60 Member Posts: 43
Does anyone have a list of the allies you can get in dragonspear. So far ive got the dwarfs thats it. Ive helped half orcs,druids and ogres but none have shown up.

Comments

• PurudayaPurudaya Member Posts: 816
    Murs and her band of ogres will join in the final siege and the dwarves help with the camp defense.

There is also a gauth, a lich, and an evil druid you can recruit, but I haven't seen any sign of them. I would've liked to see the recruitable allies make more of an impact in the endgame - if not joining the fight, maybe providing some other form of aid (information, a magical item, anything).
  • RathenauRathenau Member Posts: 80
    There is a Gauth in the game? I mean I've seen a lich and a shadow druid, but I haven't seen hide nor hair,so to speak, of any of the beholder kin.
  • PurudayaPurudaya Member Posts: 816
    Rathenau said:

There is a Gauth in the game? I mean I've seen a lich and a shadow druid, but I haven't seen hide nor hair,so to speak, of any of the beholder kin.

The Gauth can be spoken to via the Spectacles of Spectacle and can be found in the northwest corner of the first wilderness map (near one of the Menhirs). I believe Charname has be a single or multiclass mage in order to convince it to help, otherwise it winds up attacking.
    Rathenau
  • ChesterMcGChesterMcG Member Posts: 1
    You can recruit a golem from the first map after leaving Baldurs Gate
  • EscarcheEscarche Member Posts: 61
    edited April 2016
    @ChesterMcG Are you talking about an item which allows you to summon a golem? Does it really count?
    Post edited by Escarche on
  • ChesterChester Member Posts: 5
    @Escarche Nope! You can buy a lesser stone golem if you suitably admire the stonework of a certain mage in the first area :smile:
    Escarche
  • EscarcheEscarche Member Posts: 61
    edited April 2016
    @Chester Huh.. that's good to know ^^ That certain mage kinda bugged on me during my first playtrough, because
    she went to the rocks to teleport herself, but then she came back right away and let's say that our second conversation wasn't the most friendly
  • BlackmoorBlackmoor Member Posts: 8
    you can also recruit the thieves guild in the coalition camp. has anyone tried pick pocketing the dwarves for their necklaces for the lich then telling both sides the other is dead? thats about the only possible combo i havent tried and i still cant get the achievement to pop
  • Metal_HurlantMetal_Hurlant Member Posts: 324
    I tried pickpocketing the dwarves for the necklaces and while you can pickpocket them for other stuff, the necklaces don't appear. You have to kill the dwarves for them.
  • hippofanthippofant Member Posts: 35
    I looked in the game files in NearInfinity. It looks like the only ones you need are:

The ogres and the golem
    Sceptenar
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    hippofant said:

I looked in the game files in NearInfinity. It looks like the only ones you need are:

The ogres and the golem
    Did you by chance also see what All the Enemies requires?
    proghead3
  • gugulug5000gugulug5000 Member Posts: 248
    Hey guys I had someone on Redmine tell me the requirements for them:

"All the Allies: You need to enlist the Ogres (Slug and Murs) and the Golem (The Vanished) so they are present at the Dragonspear Castle battle.
    All the Enemies: Have Strunk, Munsch, Julann, and Rigah present at the Dragonspear Castle battle and kill them all."
  • SilvarenSilvaren Member Posts: 178
    edited May 2016
    Ok, so in case of "All the allies" - I had golem, Slug and Murs during siege and didn't get the achievement.

In case of "All the enemies" - I surrendered Bridgefort to Barghest, so there was no battle and Delgar Munsch left the area living and breathing. I talked with him in the camp. Then I met Rigah and Julann with Minsc and Dynaheir in my party and I tought if I won't show them evidence about crusader's corruption they will join the crusade during siege. After that I tolked with Strunk and left him and his water elementals.

During siege Munsch, Rigah and Julann were absent. Only Strunk appeared with his elementals (he was the only one which gave journal status about killing him or leave him living, besides of "Wychlaran and the berserker" quest which I didn't do because I didn't want to Rigah and Julann leave the crusade).

So I still don't have "All the enemies", "All the allies", "Proud of yourself", "It wasn't me!" and ofcourse those which are bugged "You chose... poorly" and "Grim deeds to come".

I will get "It wasn't me!" soon in normal playthrough (not speedrun) with my paladin, but I can't figure out how get rest of the achievements. And still - my mainchar with 18 charisma didn't triggered "Proud of yourself" and I don't know why. I spoke to Oloneiros in the camp near Bridgefort, after resquing crusaders patrol, and after revealed my name she just turned hostile with entire camp.
    Post edited by Silvaren on
  • AtroposAtropos Member Posts: 18
    @Silvaren it definitely seems like a number of these achievements are still broken. Hopefully the next patch addresses some of these issues.
  • VbibbiVbibbi Member Posts: 229
    I was able to get All the Enemies and All the Allies. I think the conditions to achieve them are either broken or very difficult to achieve, so you really have to work to make sure the conditions are met.

What I did to get the AtE achievement was to speak to Munsch before surrendering the Bridgefort, giving Julann the evidence of Hephernaan's corruption but not managing to convince her to defect, so she and Rigah left for Dragonspear. You can't use the first conversation line, I think it's the one saying it's proof of a ritual. If she says she's going to Dragonspear, she will appear in the final battle.

Then I went into the warrens, spoke with Strunk, chose the "carry on" option which oddly gave me the journal entry saying I should side with him or the water elementals, but then there was no further conversation options. It's very easy to provoke him into a fight, so I chose the first dialogue option, then the second. Then made sure not to kill him when leaving after I'd been in the castle basement.

So I finally get to the final battle. I hadn't put the bwoosh barrel down underground, so I had to go through the weak wall instead of the main gates. When getting to the catapult, there was Strunk and the water elementals. Killed everyone there, including all of the named NPCs from the crusade since I hadn't finished any of the Dragonspear side quests like the trial or On the Fence.

I moved up, Ashatiel challenged me to one on one combat and I declined. Fought through her minions, moved north and Munsch was there and said some dialogue before attacking. He was right next to where Ashatiel appears, so I made a conscious effort NOT TO KILL HER. Killing her causes all of the attackers to flee. I think this is the important bit. Kill all other troops before her or else they might no longer be available to fight.

While she's chasing me around I go to the main gates and Julann and Rigah are there with some other troops. Killing them both finally netted me the achievement. I then killed Ashatiel and Caelar appeared and I could move into the castle.

I just got All the Allies achievement. I reloaded my save starting Chapter 11 at Dragonspear. I had the golem and the ogres. I had placed the barrel of bwoosh underground but instead of telling Nederloc this, I said we would find another way around and went to the side wall. As soon as the dialogue finished I got the achievement. I think maybe the animation of the main gate blowing up might be preventing the achievement from firing.
    mf2112gugulug5000
  • AtroposAtropos Member Posts: 18
    Thanks for the in-depth guide for this @Vbibbi, I'll give this a try over the upcoming weekend with my Chapter 11 saves.
    Vbibbi
  • RiqueRique Member Posts: 47
    Sorry about bumping: I have a problem with this achievement as well. I am at the entrance of the castle. I placed the barrel in the underiver. I tried tell the officer it was there, the wall exploded and I summoned the stone ally. Nothing.
    Then I found this post and did as @Vbibbi suggested. I summoned the stone ally when the conversation was over and moved to kill the archers and nothing.
    Perhaps the whole thing is related to how we acquire the item? I killed the wizard (paladin here) and looted the item from her body. Perhaps this achivement triggs only if we PURCHASE it from her?
  • RiqueRique Member Posts: 47
    edited August 2017
    Sorry about bumping: I have a problem with this achievement as well. I am at the entrance of the castle. I placed the barrel in the underiver. I tried tell the officer it was there, the wall exploded and I summoned the stone ally. Nothing.
    Then I found this post and did as @Vbibbi suggested. I told the officer I would find a way to get in, he sent to to east, I summoned the stone ally when the conversation was over and moved to kill the archers and nothing.
    Perhaps the whole thing is related to how we acquire the item? I killed the wizard (paladin here) and looted the item from her body. Perhaps this achivement triggs only if we PURCHASE it from her?

EDITED: Just to clarify I am on my second run. I made a confusion here. The "stone ally" (summon 3 golems) is NOT the golem itself OR the achievement "remote control". My bad. You should actually purchase the golem from the elven mage and have it stored in your camp till the end game. So basically it seems that "remote control" and "all the allies" are totally related.
    Post edited by Rique on
  • JLEJLE Member Posts: 58
    I have encountered Strunk and the Water Elementals, but it seems there is literally no conversational path that does not lead to conflict, and I have tried reloading again and again.

Can I get the achievement by simply ignoring and never interacting with them?

If not, then what EXACT (words please, not just numbers) conversational path must I take to get Strunk to not attack me after conversation, allowing me to leave him to his work?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    In Chapter 11, during your assault on Dragonspear Castle, it is possible for you to have a few more allies depending on your prior choices. For this achievement you need two ogres and a golem.

Golem [Chapter 8, Coast Way Crossing]
    When you encounter the mage Teleria in the forest clearing during the quest "The Vanished", ask her to sell the golem to you.

Slug and Murs (the ogres) [Chapter 10, Underground River Entrance]
    Once you encounter the ogres, fight as Murs' champion and then agree to find her mate Slug. He can be found and freed in the Dragonspear Warrens (access through the Underground River). Return to Murs and ask them to fight beside you.

You won't get the achievement, if you use the barrel of Bwoosh and get through the main entrance. Instead enter Dragonspear Castle through the weak wall at the side.