Skip to content

[Spoilers] Which NPC would you have liked to keep in the party in SOD?

Comments

• FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    edited April 2016
    Yes, neutral characters will complain if rep drops to 2. I think they may leave at rep 1. They also complain if rep is over 18. I think Jalhera was changed to not complain at high rep though.
  • KhalDrogoKhalDrogo Member Posts: 60
    @Fardragon

I can tell you that each time, I play with my female main character (Paladin). Jaheira doesn't complain when rep is 20, Neither Khalid, Imoen, Dynaheir, Minsc or Boo. Same in BG2 usually I take Minsc, Aerie, Jaheira, Imoen/Yoshimo, Sarevok).

It's a shame in BG2EE we don't have enough bad character.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    KhalDrogo said:

@Fardragon

I can tell you that each time, I play with my female main character (Paladin). Jaheira doesn't complain when rep is 20, Neither Khalid, Imoen, Dynaheir, Minsc or Boo. Same in BG2 usually I take Minsc, Aerie, Jaheira, Imoen/Yoshimo, Sarevok).

It's a shame in BG2EE we don't have enough bad character.

Obviously Khalid, Imoen, Dynaheir, Minsc and Boo don't complain, they are good-aligned. But Jalhera, alignment Neutral, used to.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • XeroshiXeroshi Member Posts: 182
    Kivan because hes my go to archer
  • grepher84grepher84 Member Posts: 3
    I'd like to have Ajantis.
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    Though it would be a cruel irony to have Ajantis, of all people, voice his belief in Chapter 13 that CHARNAME could never be tricked into attacking an ally...
  • GozetaGozeta Member Posts: 105
    Only picked Branwen cause Taix wasn't an option.
  • ZoimosZoimos Member Posts: 81
    I picked Alora because I want more thief options (or just give me Coran!)

Otherwise I would choose Branwen or a dwarf
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    jsaving said:

Though it would be a cruel irony to have Ajantis, of all people, voice his belief in Chapter 13 that CHARNAME could never be tricked into attacking an ally...

@jsaving I'm a bit dense, would you elaborate what you are referring to?
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    jastey said:

@jsaving I'm a bit dense, would you elaborate what you are referring to?

Ajantis was among the paladins that Firkraag tricks you into killing in the Windspear Hills.
  • kensaikensai Member Posts: 228
    Ms. "Eat steel, scum!" and Mr. "We're all doomed"
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    Xan, but mostly because I had him around for my BG1 wun with the same Bhaalspawn I brought for SoD.
    Then again, he is probably one of my most used companions ...
  • QuiqueQuique Member Posts: 62
    edited April 2016
    Both Kagain and Yeslick, is it's absolutely necesary to choose one, then Kagain because my evil side needs more love.

Also, Tiax cameo was sort of disapointing, and my evil party could use an evil cleric/thief, so... I guess what I'm saying is TIAX RULES!
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    @Abi_Dalzim Thank you ! (I know that, of course, just couldn't grab the reference.)

And yes, I would have liked Ajantis in my group, too, although I am not sure he would still be in BG when the siege starts. His aim was to investigate the bandit threats and that was solved (and more) at the end of BG1, so I assume he'd return to his Order (to Athkatla) to get knighted (probably feeling very bad about it when hearing about the problems at the SC)
  • KhalDrogoKhalDrogo Member Posts: 60
    @Quique

A Cyric mad cleric being in the the same party of a Bhaalpawn, are you crazy like TIAX RULES ? They kill each other, or slit their throat when one is sleeping.
  • QuiqueQuique Member Posts: 62
    edited April 2016
    @KhalDrogo, I had the same thought years ago after reading about D&D and started paying attention to the lore but I already loved the character.

Polling so far, NO ONE has voted for Kivan, Eldoth or Quayle and Faldorn barely has any vote. Kind of sad, it's not that I don't like them, it's just that I like the other more.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Faldorn or eldoth... because they are great fun
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Quique said:

Polling so far, NO ONE has voted for Kivan, Eldoth or Quayle and Faldorn barely has any vote. Kind of sad, it's not that I don't like them, it's just that I like the other more.

Actually Kivan got 11 votes so far.
    The only two NPCs that got no votes are Eldoth and Quayle (and that does not surprise me).
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    Aedan said:

The only two NPCs that got no votes are Eldoth and Quayle (and that does not surprise me).

The day where I play a character who can stand having Eldoth around has yet to come.
  • dotsdots Member Posts: 37
    I was hurting bad for another evil warrior my whole run, and I like Shar-Teel much more than Kagain.

Honestly, given the Skie developments I think Eldoth could potentially have been interesting to have around. If he wasn't such such a slimy, unpleasant twit I'd almost expect a mod one day. :p
  • jankieljankiel Member Posts: 127
    LOL no love for Quayle.
  • RawgrimRawgrim Member Posts: 621
    Come to think of it. I think I would have liked npcs that doesn't show up in BG2. Just to avoid continuity issues and plot holes.

Branwen, Kivan, Yesslick, Kagain, Xan etc.
  • Mush_MushMush_Mush Member Posts: 476
    Yeslick, Alora and Shar-Teel.

Alora because Aloras adorable.

Yeslick because he's my fav cleric and SoD needs a good cleric. Although I'd prefer they introduced a new pure class. I posted my cleric on the recent "If you could design a companion, what would they be?" thread which I think would be a great addition.

Shar-teel because a) As someone else has already stated theres alot of room to flesh out her personality/backstory and b) Evil parties could do with another fighter and/or thief.
  • RawgrimRawgrim Member Posts: 621
    Shar-Teel is a character that could have been very interesting if fleshed out. Chaotic Evil musclewoman. Scary combination.

Anyone read that BG comic that came out when the first game got published? Was a single comic about Shar-Teel and Ajantis teaming up. Eldoth was the villain. Ended badly for him.
    @Rawgrim
    I do not know that comic. Surely it would be an interesting and entertaining reading :)
  • EscarcheEscarche Member Posts: 61
    edited April 2016

@Aedan I searched for it. I found it. I died from laughter. Ahh, THAT'S a good ship! But I have to say.. I really like Shar-Teel in this comic, it's great.
    Found it! Thanks :)
  • Sids1188Sids1188 Member Posts: 165
    edited April 2016
    Probably Monty, Tiax or Coran because multiclass thieves are always good to have - Safana as a single class just isn't so versatile.

More than any of that though, what I would most like is an evil/neutral front liner early on. Whether it's Dorn coming earlier or Kagain/Shar-Teel/Jaheira/Montaron Just someone who can hold a line and hit back.

Edit: Xzar I could take or leave. One thing evil has in surplus is powerful single class arcane casters. Xzar would probably be killed off in most parties just wanting Monty.
    Post edited by Sids1188 on