Skip to content

I take it that the mods won't currently work. Is that true?

xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
My understanding is that with the 2.0 patch, BG2:EE mods won't work at the moment. Is that correct?

Comments

• argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    No. Only mods which make use of functionality that has been changed in 2.0 will have to be updated, which should affect only a minority of the available mods. The main problem currently is that not all mods have been fully tested yet with patch 2.x.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
  • xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
    Oh, that was a surprise. Thank you very much for that, everyone!

@bengoshi: I happen to have the game through Beamdog, so that part of it should be all right.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • BeetleBeetle Member Posts: 46
    So if an NPC mod was updated to be BGEE or BG2EE compatible, it's likely to still be okay with patch 2.x? I've been holding off on updating for fear of losing those mods
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    Beetle said:

So if an NPC mod was updated to be BGEE or BG2EE compatible, it's likely to still be okay with patch 2.x?

Not necessarily. But don't upgrade in the middle of a playthrough.
  • BeetleBeetle Member Posts: 46

Make a copy of your whole game and game folder and documents/saves folder.

Upgrade, try it out.

If it doesn't work, trash the new files and replace them with the old ones.

Unfortunately I don't have an unmodded version of the game to copy, so once I change over there's no going back.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    edited May 2016
    My soundsets mods, which are not old and busted, do not work due to an engine bug.

This bug:
    http://redmine.beamdog.com/issues/23231

If you have SOD from gog or steam, you have to use modmerge first to extract the game files and then you can load mods.