Skip to content

[Work Around] 2.1 Multiplayer crashes when saving or quick saving.

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    Hi @vreish could you read through my post here on the 19th and advise whether any of those conditions apply.
    Thanks
  • vreishvreish Member Posts: 28
    Thanks for the quick reply. Kind of a hectic day for me, which is why my post was sort of dashed off, but once I get a chance I'll give it a shot.
  • vreishvreish Member Posts: 28
    edited April 2016
    Ok, I logged in and started a new game, and that saved fine, both quick and regular. Our game from before the update is the one with the problem. I attached the most recent save below.

EDIT: Oh, and it's always been in English.
    Bund
  • echooechoo Member Posts: 43
    We are having the same problem. Our save file is from the previous version (English). After updating to 2.1 it became impossible to save in MP. Attached is the save game.

Also tried deleting the folder in my documents, it does nothing except reset the game preferences. A new game in english saves without crashing. There's a file called GUICHISF.MOS in my override folder.
    Bund
    @vreish @echoo any chance you could advise which game your saves relate to.
    Thanks
    Gate70 said:

@vreish @echoo any chance you could advise which game your saves relate to.
    Thanks

My save is from SoD
    Cheers. & deduced the other one is BGEE so attached both saves to the internal report
    Thanks
  • DeCrunchDeCrunch Member Posts: 14
    Gate70 said:

Cheers. & deduced the other one is BGEE so attached both saves to the internal report
    Thanks

Is there any news on when this will be fixed? Also, is there any ETA on the next patch?
    Multiplayer is the only reason I want to play the game at the moment, so all of this is really unfortunate.
    Fraggle118Bund
    The first post in http://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/51466/upcoming-patch-preview/p1 provides the detail that is available about patches. Any updates on activity or visibility would be given in that thread.
    Thanks
  • Fraggle118Fraggle118 Member Posts: 4
    Same problem here. Immediate crash when attempting to quick save or manual save in multiplayer. Also when changing area (I guess this is also a save problem as the game creates an auto-save when changing area). Playing in English. Tried the new save folder trick suggested above and no dice. Getting very frustrated with this. Have not yet been able to play multiplayer since the big V2 patch. Previous problem of other players not being able to connect to the game has been solved by patch 2.1, only to be replaced by this instacrash-on save problem. Both gamebreakers. Hope you can get this sorted out soon as we are close to jacking it in.
    DeCrunchBund
    DeCrunch said:

Gate70 said:

Thanks

Is there any news on when this will be fixed? Also, is there any ETA on the next patch?
    Multiplayer is the only reason I want to play the game at the moment, so all of this is really unfortunate.
    Me too. Been unable to play multiplayer for almost a month since the V2.0 patch. Getting pretty fed up with it.
    DeCrunchmarkzakuBund
  • brockh32brockh32 Member Posts: 3
    This game is a nightmare. I started a totally new game after losing the 30 plus hours of the other save and now it's not working AGAIN. I'm usually forgiving when it comes to bugs but this is literally unplayable. I'm so sad the game is fun but the bugs are just too much. I've played early access games better then this. I never give bad reviews but I have to on this game.
    DeCrunchBund
  • BundBund Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2016
    I am having the same issue. Multiplayer game, saved in (and started, I think in the same) version 1.X (the most recent before v2), when loaded in v2.1 crashes on any save action (manual/quick/auto).

notes:
    -I have used EE Keeper.
    -A new game in v2.1 does not have this problem.
    -Game version is English and has been English from the beginning
    -I have allowed the game to re-create the "Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition" folder, and then manual moved the save file back [no success]
    -I have moved the save to single-player, changed location, saved successfully, then moved the save back to multiplayer [no success]
    -My trouble shooting was all done in multiplayer mode with no other players connected

Good luck, @Gate70. My wife and I only really bond over BG recently, so our marriage depends on you ;)
    edited April 2016
    @vreish could you check this save please (hope I get the corrects saves for people - if anyone else adds a save please change the save name to -userid-game e.g. bgee/sod/bgiiee/tob as that will really help).
    @bastarc please could you try this save - I'd like at least one confirmation so we can update the internal report.
    Thanks
    @echoo your save attached.

For anyone else affected, please review each party member's AI. If set to "None", try another value. I haven't tried setting it back to None, it may work and then again may not...
    n.b. this is English multiplayer started on an earlier save.

Still looking at non-English multiplayer to see if there is a workaround for that.
    Thanks
    I tested the new file briefly, and saving seems to be working flawlessly now! :o I tried setting the AI to "none" and "advanced ai" and both are letting me save without issue.

I'll report back after I continue the MP game in progress. Thanks.
    Gate70Bund
  • bastarcbastarc Member Posts: 7
    @Gate70 a quick test confirms that i can now autosave and regular save. thanks for your help!
    Gate70Bund
  • Fr4nkTheT4nkFr4nkTheT4nk Member Posts: 12
    Gate70 said:

@Talys @Etamin @cbarchuk @13floors @brockh32 @Ficjusz @markzaku @Morgs @DeCrunch @Fraggle118
    - If playing in another language, start in English. Change AI to another value. Save, restart in preferred language.

what do you mean with "Change AI"? is this in the botton in the bottom right corner (change groupe AI)?
    or something else?
    is this for BG 2 EE or BG EE?

OK, activating a script in each character's customize screen, then switching party AI to off on the main screen seems to stop the crash on save in multiplayer. Thanks very much.
    Gate70CrevsDaak
  • BundBund Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2016
    @Gate70 Thank you!! That fixed it.

My marriage is saved.
    Gate70[Deleted User]CrevsDaak
  • brockh32brockh32 Member Posts: 3
    ok that worked thanks SO much now we can play our old save I thought lost forever! I shall reverse my review!!!
    Gate70
  • DeCrunchDeCrunch Member Posts: 14
    Wohooo, thanks for the workaround!
    Gate70
  • markzakumarkzaku Member Posts: 34
    Fixed it for me as well. Thanks.
    Gate70CrevsDaak
  • Fr4nkTheT4nkFr4nkTheT4nk Member Posts: 12
    YES! It works! thanks Gate70
    Gate70CrevsDaak
  • slothmothslothmoth Member Posts: 5
    So... I am really frustrated. My friend and I have been trying to play this game on steam for hours and hours and hours. We've tried a lot of things. Changing the character script to standard attack and turning off AI did work... for a little while. We were able to save two or three times. However, after we finally left the starting room, and had our first encounter... we tried to save and it crashed again.

What can we do???