Skip to content

Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition Party Set-up

mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
Tell me what you think of this set-up. I am planning on making six characters, with the last as a miscellaneous. Races are irrelevant at this stage.

Undead Hunter
Bard (vanilla or skald)
Fighter/Thief
Fighter/Mage
Fighter/Cleric (maybe Ranger/Cleric)
Misc

Thoughts? Suggestions?
JuliusBorisovGozetajackjack

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714

Misc

Thoughts? Suggestions?

I approve of Minsc in IWD!

Jokes aside, your party looks fine, although I would really recommend taking a druid. A druid in IWD is both strong and fun to play. Go with a Totemic Druid, or at least take a Ranger/Cleric.

Fighter/thief and fighter/mage are good in IWD, and an undead hunter will be of a great use at the start of the game especially.
    mashedtaters
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    @bengoshi
    My hatred for Druids is pretty intense...sort of a political/social/environmental/emotional/sarcastical kind of thing...why specifically do you recommend Druids?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Druids get additional spells in IWD, if compared to BG, and there're a lot of them, I mean, they really get good spells at all levels.

Moreover, there's a druid-specific quest in Kuldahar.

A totemic druid gets spirit summons, that starting at 10 level become immune to non-magical weapons. Thus your druid will become the most valuable member of the team.
    lolienmashedtatersGozetaGirewan
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    Dual classes all the way.
    mashedtaters
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    @bengoshi missing out on Shapechange puts the Totemic Druid at the bottom of the pile. Boring Beetle+Armour of Faith and later Water Elemental Form+Armour of Faith is really game breaking.

Aerial Servant from a cleric is a better summon I think.
    mashedtatersJuliusBorisov
  • magisenseimagisensei Member Posts: 316
    You could always add a monk since its one of the new classes added in EE and if you wanted a bit more melee power around mid-game.

A sorcerer is also good since everything is multi-classed accept for your bard and that means slow spell progression and you can never go wrong with additional arcane power.

If you are looking for another multi-class then a fighter/druid or some type of pure druid or druid kit works quite well especially in IWD compared to BG - druid spells here rock with a lot more spells that are meaningful and offensive - I wished beamdog had used IWD druid spells for BGEE.
    mashedtaters