Skip to content

Does Cross-Platform Multiplayer Actually Work?

Does cross-platform multiplayer actually work? I can't seem to find a straight answer.

Specifically, I'm hoping to put together a game on iPad, iPad Mini, Mac, and Windows 10 PC, via local connection. Yeah, the whole family wants to play together. But I'd rather know if this will work with a minimum of fuss before plunking down cash just to get frustrated.

Any advice/feedback greatly appreciated!

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    I have played the game with @CrevsDaak in MP several times without having any serious issues. I am pretty sure he uses a Mac while I use Windows 7.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Yes, it works.

Just take a note that the 2.1 version have some MP issues, which are currently being worked on. The update should fix them, although there's no ETA on it. You can track the progress of next build here - http://redmine.beamdog.com/projects
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    It is also important to note that everyone needs to be on the same update version, so the 1.3 tablet/phone builds will not work with the current 2.x builds on desktop. Once we get those updated, there should be no problem.