Skip to content

[Work Around] 2.1 Multiplayer crashes when saving or quick saving.

13»

Comments

• CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    @slothmoth have you tried the work around suggested above? If so, can you zip up the crash dump and attach it here?
  • slothmothslothmoth Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2016
    Cerevant said:

@slothmoth have you tried the work around suggested above? If so, can you zip up the crash dump and attach it here?

Yes, as I said we tried the AI script work around and it only worked for a few saves. It crashed I belive the third time we tried to save after having set all the AI scripts to standard attack and turning off the Party AI.

Where do I find the crash dump? I don't see a folder for it inside the BG2:EE folder in My Documents?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Nope, I don't seem to have a crash folder (or file) in the BG2-EE folder.

My friend is gone for the weekend unfortunately. :/
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    The crash folder will be in the documents -> Infinity Engine folder and the relevant crash file should be zipped before attaching here otherwise it's a sizable file.

Could you also zip and attach a save, and advise what language the game is set to use please.
    Thanks
    edited April 2016
    Thanks, that is where the crash folder is. I can send you the crashes and the saves I have. However, I'm not sure they will help because I just remembered the following:

As I said, the game was crashing every time we saved until we tried the AI script work around. Once we did that, it worked smoothly for about 2-3 saves and then after that it crashed the next time we tried to save.
    When we tried the workaround, we had switched to her being the host. Therefor that save and that crash are on her computer not mine. Because the game only crashes for the person who saves, it just boots the other person out of the server I believe. So I am uploading the crashes and saves I have but I don't know the degree to which they will help since they are from before we tried the workaround.

I should be able to get her files from her on Monday. Would the folder locations be the same for her (she is on a mac, I'm using a PC)?

Oh and we both have the game in English by default.
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    edited May 2016
    Yes, the folder locations would be the same.

You might also want to try running the Beta and see if it solves your problem.
  • krismeadkrismead Member Posts: 1
    I am approaching the first bridge and whenever I try to save the game crashes, I have auto update so hopefully this will get patched as I am eager to continue the game. Crashed 1st couple of times so I rebooted then whenever I try to save, bang get a crash dump with file over 40 Mb's!
    edited May 2016
    Cerevant said:

Yes, the folder locations would be the same.

You might also want to try running the Beta and see if it solves your problem.

Cool, we'll try that out. She hasn't sent me the file yet unfortunately...
    But I'm about to try the Beta.

Question: When I put in the code from the link to the beta thread you sent, the beta it gives is called "BG2_beta - BG2EE v2.0 beta"

Is that the right one? I thought 2.2 is what I wanted?

EDIT: Quick update -- Saving seems to have been working great since we switched to the Beta! There was one crash, when I saw a genie that seemed to be place kind of strangely (almost looked like he was in a wall but also might have just been in front of it). My friend who I am playing with said she couldn't see him at all, and when I tried to talk to him her game crashed. Since she is the one hosting the game, it kicked me as well.

Also I have a question. Is there anyway to point to a spot or indicate an area to other players in co-op? I'm using steam voice chat and I want to be able to refer to an area, for example where I plan to send my characters while the game is paused. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks!!
    Post edited by slothmoth on
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    There are two options I can think of. Pressing the x key gives x/y co-ordinates, but a neater way might be to add a custom map marker (open the map, right-click the location you wish to share and add a custom marker)
  • MorgsMorgs Member Posts: 9
    @Gate70 , thank you! It seems to works fine!
  • GanjamoGanjamo Member Posts: 3
    I too am having a similar problem with a friend:

We both installed (both running windows 7) and the game crashes for him consistently since he's installed in both single player and multiplayer modes. These are brand new installs (5/26 and 5/28).

-When he plays single player, save games don't appear and he is never able to reload them and crashes consistently when saving and loading.
    -If i create a game, he joins it and it immediately disconnects him.
    -If he creates a game and I join, he crashes.
    -My PC runs this game fine. I've crashed a handful of times, but nothing game-stopping. He cannot even play.

He's running Windows 7, 16G of RAM, 1 gig NVIDEA graphics card, MS framework and direct X are up to date.

This is a game stopping bug. Literally 40$ wasted until this bug is addressed. Any help is appreciated.