Skip to content

Near Infinity

FredSRichardsonFredSRichardson Member Posts: 465
edited July 2012 in General Modding
It occurred to me that this would be a good place to get the word out.

A version of Near Infinity with @devSin 's latest changes including updates for the data structure information @ScottBrooks recently released on this forum can be found here:

Executable: http://sourceforge.net/projects/nearinfinity/files/nearinfinity/NearInfinity-1.33b21.1/NearInfinity.jar/download
Development: https://github.com/FredSRichardson/NearInfinity

(If you like Eclipse, you can import the project using EGit directly from GitHub).

CuvAndreaColomboDeucetipherSpaceInvaderArchaicsyllogCrevsDaakSCARY_WIZARDTola_ZagniyRahonaOstrimo

Comments

• CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    Thanks @FredSRichardson Deserves its' own thread!
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    This may also be a good place where to post about the recently updated version of DLTCEP by @Avenger_teambg :-)
    CrevsDaak
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Well, the title is NI, so i'm not sure if it is appropriate to hijack it. I'll start a new topic instead.
    CrevsDaak
  • FredSRichardsonFredSRichardson Member Posts: 465
    I think DLTCEP definitely deserves it's own thread :)
    CuvCrevsDaak
  • DeucetipherDeucetipher Member Posts: 521
    (Necro!) I've spent the last few days playing with a woefully out of date version, so thank you. A friendly forumite (@Wisp) pointed me in this direction. This forum's search function is a bit lackluster.
  • stealzstealz Member Posts: 1
    Bug: dialog.tlk character encoding.
    Using polish version and there are no polish signs.
  • WispWisp Member Posts: 1,102
    @stealz
    Currently NI defaults to using Windows-1252, but BGEE uses UTF8. Future versions of NI will be a bit smarter about that, but in the meantime, you can go to Options->TLK Charset and type in UTF8 and it should work.
  • BaptorBaptor Member Posts: 341
    Hey guys, I am using NI and I have royally screwed up an item trying to customize it. How would I go about resetting that item to its default values?
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    Baptor said:

Hey guys, I am using NI and I have royally screwed up an item trying to customize it. How would I go about resetting that item to its default values?

Just find it in your Override folder and delete it. Changes you make to any of the game's default assets automatically get saved to the Override folder, so the original is not lost and will be restored once you get rid of the edit.

BaptorelminsterSCARY_WIZARD
  • ChippyChippy Member Posts: 241
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/50340/bg-ee-2-0-and-siege-of-dragonspear-compatible-mods/p6

@argent77

I think I know what the problem is - I was trying to get some custom soundsets into the game and tried the DLTCEP method, which on install gave me a load of corruption messages and likely corrupted ... stuff.

It had to be that, as I was dealing with a fresh install without any mods at all. Thanks for help, will nuke from orbit.
  • AliaksandrAliaksandr Member Posts: 22
    edited June 2016

Post edited by Aliaksandr on
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    Your version of Near Infinity seems to be outdated. You can find a link to the latest NI release in this topic.