Skip to content

Baldurs Gate 3/Or another Series??

I've played these games since their release. I absolutely fell in love and continue to love this game (Always will). Year after year I return to these titles to refresh my love for D@D and these stories. Why I created this thread is if any of you have heard rumor or know for fact that we will ever get another in depth title from Beemdog or another publisher/developer.

I know we just got Dragonspear. But Wondering if they are thinking of starting an entirely new series or adding to this one. What is in the works for this timeless classic?

TD,

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    edited April 2016
    Welcome to the forum!

According to the most recent devs' interview:

“Basically, Baldur’s Gate III, every two weeks when we call [Dungeons & Dragons publisher] Wizards of the Coast, something comes up,” said Phillip Daigle. “The Baldur’s Gate III thing, when are we going to do that? I think the answer is when the right people and the right partners line up, something big will happen.”

http://kotaku.com/the-struggle-to-bring-back-baldur-s-gate-after-17-years-1768303595

You can read some speculation about the next Beamdog project here: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/54861/all-you-wanted-to-know-about-the-next-beamdogs-project
  • TrueDannyboyTrueDannyboy Member Posts: 17
    Thank you great to be here, Also thank you for taking the time to reply and share those links with me.
  • TStaelTStael Member Posts: 861
    My take is as follows: if the owners of various licensing franchises have no empathy for the love of fans, then Baldur's Gate should go "Dragon Age" and create an original theme upon a scheme.

I'd rather pay for original writing than for licensing fees, even if there was such game-world synergy between PS:T, BG, IWD, NWN. I just fear that era of creation is gone.
  • TrueDannyboyTrueDannyboy Member Posts: 17
    It's so sad to see that as well. I don't know if publishers today understand the enormous influence of D@D and baldur's gate series has had on the gaming world. You think they would do something to keep its legacy alive and well.