Skip to content

Help getting the advanced AI to turn undead

QuiqueQuique Member Posts: 62
edited April 2016 in Troubleshooting
I was wondering if anyone got the Advanced AI to turn undead. It's the only task that I've always neglected over the years of playing and when I saw the option "Turn undead when idle" in the advance AI I selected it. But my Paladin protagonist doesn't seem to be inclined to do it XD

Has anyone worked this out? If so, can you tell me which options you selected?

I have a similar "issue" with Garrick, I selected the advanced AI, set him to not attack enemies and to sing the bard song when idle, but he doesn't sing at all. Anyone got him to sing?
Post edited by Quique on

Comments

• TrudeauIsSantaTrudeauIsSanta Member Posts: 161
    Roll back to 2.0
  • FinnTheHumanFinnTheHuman Member Posts: 404
    I have seen some behavior like this. On ipad. not sure of version, but sub 2.0. For me it was mages attacking even though their ai script was do nothing. The behavior was sporadic though. Only happened a few times so I doubted myself rather than the game.

How exactly is the character behaving? Does the Paladin turn undead with no enemies around? Does he attack enemies on sight and so the turn undead switches off?

If that's the case, it seems like there is a fundamental conflict here. If the paladin is to attack on sight then he wont be idle and so the turning undead will never come into play. So an advanced AI which has him do both has the same effective behavior as a simple aggressive script.
  • QuiqueQuique Member Posts: 62
    Whether I select attack enemies or not, he never turns undead unless directed. I thought that he needed to see undead enemies but the skeletons in High Hedge are not doing the trick either.

Anyone else mind testing the script?
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Moved thread to Troubleshooting forum. Always use this forum to report bugs/strange behavior.

@Quique One workaround you can try is to set your character AI to none, return to main screen and the set it back to advanced AI. Sometimes this reset restores the AI functionality.
  • QuiqueQuique Member Posts: 62
    ok, @mlnevese I'll try as soon as I can.