Skip to content

Solo run -> Gem Bag?

Hey!

How can I can get a Gem bag in BG if i'm trying to do a Solo Run? I know Neera as one, but I can't take her in my team, or else Its not a solo run...

Comments

• JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    I believe you get handed it if you don't let her join your party. At least, I remember that happening in older versions of the game.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Kill Neera.
  • FinnTheHumanFinnTheHuman Member Posts: 404
    edited May 2016
    I don't think thats right. However, 9/10 rabbis agree that taking her in for sake of obtaining said bag is still kosher solo.

Edit: taking her in and dropping her immediately, of course.
    Edit2 : in response to @JumboWheat01
  • SkullburnSkullburn Member Posts: 25
    Still get the achivement of the solo run with take/drop?
  • DevardKrownDevardKrown Member Posts: 421
    just gave it a Try.

You can Kill her or let her get Killed , both will Drop the Gem Bag.

also tried Pick pocket but even with skill 240 she wont Budge ...

simply talking to her wont give you the Bag so for Flying solo, Killing is the only Option.
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    edited May 2016
    If it makes you feel any better, it's perfectly possible to solo without the gembag if you only pick up the correct loot.

Anything below these isn't worth the effort :

Laeral Tears Necklace
    Pearl Necklace
    Ruby Ring
    Fire Opal Ring
    Rogue Stone
    Star Saphire
    Diamond / Emerald / King's Tear (bg2 only)

Only focus on these and you will save a LOT of time.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    just kill her,
    One potion of invisibility + hitting for more than 4 damage = one free gem bag and no annoying encounter.
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    @deltago some folks place a higher value on life than a simple gem bag, even a gem bag with a free potion of invisibility...

(then again, I never did find the stomach for a proper evil play through)
  • ChnapyChnapy Member Posts: 360
    For those of you who fancy themselves as having morals, may I suggest....Hypocrisy?

Indeed, with Hypocrisy, you can let Neera die to her assaillants before fending them off and ignore that you are then no less responsible for her death than if your own blade had did the deed!

Warning : because this product is based on the act of lying, it is not appropriate for people believing in access to an afterlife depending on values that would include honesty.
  • dockaboomskidockaboomski Member Posts: 440
    If you install the BG2 Tweaks mod you can add containers to stores as one of its components, iirc
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    Just kill her.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811

@deltago some folks place a higher value on life than a simple gem bag, even a gem bag with a free potion of invisibility...

(then again, I never did find the stomach for a proper evil play through)

But, you are actually doing the world a favour. She is an extremely dangerous mage. . . dropping cows everywhere and making gold disappear. Think of the economy! think of the livestock! Giving the girl a quick and painless death is the least evil thing you can do.
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    Nice try @deltago you almost sold me! But given how we know about the magic cattle rustler when first we meet, I should murder-death-kill every random damsel-in-distress who appeals to me for aid - and then where am I going to find my fat quest XP awards?
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    Having her join for 30 seconds to relieve her of gem bag...
    Neera giving you the gem bag as a reward for defending her...
    Tomayto...
    Tomahto...
  • marzbarzmarzbarz Member Posts: 187
    During the opening scene with her I believe you can let the mages kill her and that's that.
    IIRC she can take enough damage and die. ( not being in party )
  • marzbarzmarzbarz Member Posts: 187

In my last playthrough, Neera made the choice for me. On her first spell cast during the fight against the red wizards, she got a wild surge that gated-in a Pit Fiend who proceeded to slaughter everyone nearby. Fortunately, it was in LoB mode, so I managed to run to safety while it whittled-down the NPCs and hide until it unsummoned.

Needless to say, I got the gem bag and didn't feel particularly guilty about Neera's untimely demise.

Shell be forever known as the mage who accidently burned down beregost. gg neera
  • FringewareFringeware Member Posts: 29
    Wow, that kind of proves the Red Wizards' point.