Skip to content

Vanilla or mod experience for my 1st run?

Hi again guys,

as I said in my previous post I am a fan of the original saga, but this is the first time I'm gonna play the enhance version.

I am for playing this 1st run with the game as it is, without mod... but among the things that I love about BG2 were the interactions and the banters of the NPCs...

So I was thinking... Should I add at least a banter mod such as the BG1 NPC Project (or any other that you know)? Would this alter too much the original game? Because I don't want to alter what developers had in mind, I just what the maximum level of engagement and immersion with my companions and in the BG World...

Thanks!

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,727
    The general advice is to go without mods for the first time.

But you're a fan of BG games, so.

The BG1 NPC Project is an awesome mod and I don't think it could ruin your first BGEE run. Go for it!
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    bengoshi said:

Yes, but the Enhanced Editions include some mods already, so going without mods the first time is only possible with the original games.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited May 2016
    Erg said:

bengoshi said:

Yes, but the Enhanced Editions include some mods already, so going without mods the first time is only possible with the original games.
    Yes, but playing anything but straight-up BG1+TotSC is a modded game - even "vanilla" Tutu or BGT.
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756

Yes, but playing anything but straight-up BG1+TotSC is a modded game - even "vanilla" Tutu or BGT.

Yes, I agree. I personally think that every new user should play first the original straight-up BG1+TotSC, before moving to modded games, whether Tutu, BGT or EE. Of course, the OP has probably already done that, being a fan of the original saga.
  • MilozzyMilozzy Member Posts: 15
    Thanks for your replies!

Yes, I've played the originals long time ago! :)

So I think I will go with BG:EE + BG1 NPC Project... * maybe Chatty Imoen?

Are there any known problems installing mods with Steam version of BGEE?

Thanks!
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    If you have Siege of Dragonspear installed on your BGEE game, be sure to use modmerge first.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/50441/modmerge-merge-your-steam-gog-zip-based-dlc-into-something-weidu-nearinfinity-dltcep-can-use#latest

Also, for BG1NPC, use v22.3, older versions will break Coran's quest.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/39422/bg1npc-v22-3-and-bg1npc-music-pack-v6/p1