Skip to content

Irenicus cant use his spells...

XzanahXzanah Member Posts: 145
edited May 2016 in BGII:EE Mods
Hey guys, im back on there forums! Anywho, I found out that on bgiiee, I can't use all of Jon irenicus' spells because they aren't memorized. They are copied on the spellbook, but he can't use all of em... Could someone help me, by using eekeeper to set his max memorizable spells to the top? Thanks!

-Xzanah

Comments

• rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    edited May 2016
    Um...what are you asking?...

Did you use the console to add Irenicus to the party or something? Because Irenicus should have no issues using his spells when fighting you.
  • XzanahXzanah Member Posts: 145
    @rapsam2003 no, the problem is not him fighting me. I actually have him as an importable and exportable character. However, although I have all the custom spell files, I can't use the spells cause he only is able to memorize 10. Which is pretty dumb, considering that he is the most powerful d&d villain in my opinion.
    Xzanah said:

@rapsam2003 no, the problem is not him fighting me. I actually have him as an importable and exportable character. However, although I have all the custom spell files, I can't use the spells cause he only is able to memorize 10. Which is pretty dumb, considering that he is the most powerful d&d villain in my opinion.

Yeah, in other words, you used cheats to add him to your party and allowed him to be exportable/importable. You do realize he doesn't have a proper character class, right? His spells are NOT supposed to be more than 10, because he's not supposed to be developed like a PC or NPC companion.
    edited May 2016
    @rapsam2003 dude,its not like that. Look at the file in eekeeper. He is a modded character with modded spells
    Whatever, I can see i won't get any good responses from this thread. If anyone else has a contribution, lemme know. Otherwise, the admins can close this
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Uhh, I could maybe do something but the file you have linked comes out as a garbled text document which won't read in EEKeeper or anything else. Can you provide a proper .chr file?
    edited May 2016
    @Artemius_I just remove the .txt suffix. That should do it. And let me know if you need the spell files. They just need to go in the override folder... Actually, ill just post the zip with the spell files.
    jesus christ

Well, directly expanding spell slots via EEKeeper did not work. The extra spell slots simply vanish if I import the character. So instead I added it as a permanent effect. It's not my place to judge but seriously, 600 spell slots is ridiculous. A word of advice: there's a much simpler way to achieve infinite casting if that's what you're going for. Just create an innate that casts a Wish-rest effect (opcode #316) and then you can have 1 of each spell and still be able to cast them infinitely just by casting the innate.
    @Artemius_I thanks, man. Unfortunately, I am not on PC, but on android. I have been hex coding my chr files and itm files since before the tutorial here came out, but I still haven't found how to add stuff like that directly to characters. For example, you can only replace a SPIN*** ability with either a SPIN or SPCL ability, since they're both innate. But mage spells are buggy when hexing them in, so I only experiment.
    If you could do me an extra favor and make that wish-rest ability for me, that would be super great, man. Have a good day.
    There's a mod that adds a rest spell permanently via potion. If you don't want the potions then the RESTXXX.spl file is the one you want.
    I mean, I'm not really sure what you expected. You modded a character who was never really meant to be modded. People can suggest mods and changes, but you basically created this mess yourself. /shrug