Skip to content

[Resolved] Save bug

2»

Comments

• Nummer5Nummer5 Member Posts: 6
    @Gate70 I think i have sent you the password for the zip files per privat message...

Wow zipping the dump files is super effecitve :D

The problem occours in multiplayer. Have several friends, all with the same issue. Singleplayer seems to work fine.
    Even starting a new game it crashes after the first dialog. I guess the game tries to autosafe at this moment.
    Language is german, i will try english
    And i dont know what the override folder is
    Gate70
    @Gate70 LoL Engish seems to work! (i restarted after switching the language)
    Gate70
  • Smrtka666Smrtka666 Member Posts: 24
    the old save with EN does not work...
    Gate70
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    OK, I'll update the internal report so the devs have the relevant information.
    Thanks
    @Nummer5 the Steam install will be something like
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition

If there is an override folder there please advise together with the results of trying in English, although I suspect your issue is the same as @Smrtka666
    Thanks
    @Gate70
    short reminder, for me it's about BGII

And yes, there is an override folder (attached to this comment), but for me loading my old (pre 2.x) savefile (saved in german) with english language activated seems to work. After that i can quicksave and do usual save.
    (only tested it once and didn't check, if there were any details missing in the loaded game)

I leave now. Time to sleep... Thanks for your help so far, i hope the other languages get fixed soon
    If you have further questions, i will come back in the next days
    Sorry, switching between a lot of reports :)

Your override file looks OK.
    Thanks
    Any update? I am keen on playing...
    Well, I can play normally in EN, which is ok for me... The CZ language crashes even after disabling the AI, as written in the link...
    OK so you started a game in English, modified any scripts and saved. Changed the language, restarted, load and save crashed. Could you zip and attach the save please.
    Thanks
    Here you go...
    It worked for me - changing each of the 6 scripts then saving. n.b. I only tried quicksaves in Czech but if one type works the rest should too.

Does this one not work for you?
    Thanks
    Yes, this save I can play in CZ, so now I play the datadisc, however, it was all in EN, could you fix even my datadisc savegame? Thanks.
    It works, I did not realize that I need to turn off the scripts as weel, thanks for helping me... :-)
  • davidtremblay183davidtremblay183 Member Posts: 1
    Hello I have the same issue on BG EE. I cannot save my old saved game and when I export a characther I can't save my game. I can quick-save it and when I save a new game with a new caracther the game save normaly.
    Does changing character AI scripts via Customize > Script > Standard attack not help? Please zip and attach a save if still stuck,

Thanks