Skip to content

Age of Decadence

elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
edited October 2015 in Off-Topic
I've heard that it is fun but hard. I actually purchased it out of curiosity but I haven't found much time for it. Anyone try it yet?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/230070/

http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/2029810/movie480.webm?t=1444934972

(There is also a demo you can try if you aren't sure if you want to purchase it or not. Its found on the store page on steam)
Post edited by elminster on
JuliusBorisovFinneousPJWilburdunbarShapiroKeatsDarkMage

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited October 2015
    Man I would have thought someone would have tried it. It seems like a game that is right up the ally of BG fans :)

(I'm thinking of playing starting a game as an assassin...which I suspect will last about 5 minutes before I'm killed :D )

I ended up going with a loremaster.
    Post edited by elminster on
    SkatanJuliusBorisov
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Not gonna lie: I was tempted to get the title by the time GOG selled it for -25% off. But the fact that it's a human centric game world without any other playable races was the lackluster for me. More importantly my wallet is burnt out thanks to current Kickstarter campaigns. :p
    elminsterJuliusBorisov
    To each their own. I ended up going with an assassin. I haven't died yet with them though its still early :)
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Wow, never heard of that game! I got superinterrested after watching a trailer. It looks to be right up my alley.
    FinneousPJelminster
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    i tried as a mercenary. not liking it so far. feels incoherent...and fighting is really monotonous and luck-dependent (to win you have to pull off a few of those aimed attacks but you only have ~50% chance to hit and if you don't - rinse and repeat)
    elminster
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    This has gone completely under the radar for me. Thanks for the tip @elminster . I will probably wait until I can get it for a discount though. I've bought many games lately that I haven't played yet and I only have so much time :)
    elminster
    edited October 2015
    Its definitely not a standard sort of game. Combat itself is repetitive (there is probably a certain amount of realism to this) and its not going to be a game for everyone (so if you buy on Steam I would keep in mind the 2 hour limit for refunds). There is also a demo you can try as well (which should give you access to enough of the game to see if this is something you want to play more of). Its also definitely a good idea to be specialized from what I've seen, particularly in a skill that is an important part of your background (I ended up actually going as an assassin, so I put a lot into daggers and critical strike). The best outcome for an assassin seems to be to not even get into a fight, but rather to have enough critical strike skill to kill your target within dialogue options.

Before considering purchasing it I would read this - its basically an explanation of the game from the developer.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/230070/discussions/0/490123197948605990/

There are a few other useful pinned threads there as well.
    JuliusBorisovdunbar
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Thanks for the heads up, I'll give the demo a try.
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    Thanks, looks good. I've put it on my wish list but, with SoD, Xmas and (more importantly/expensively) She Who Must Be Obeyed's birthday coming up, my wallet is already on life support.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    dunbar said:

Thanks, looks good. I've put it on my wish list but, with SoD, Xmas and (more importantly/expensively) She Who Must Be Obeyed's birthday coming up, my wallet is already on life support.

The Lady of Pain?
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    It's a bit slow for me. Short-attention-span-boy.
    Yea its certainly not a game for everyone. So checking out the demo is a good idea.
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    elminster said:

Yea its certainly not a game for everyone. So checking out the demo is a good idea.

All CRPGs are ''not for everyone''.
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    Also i didn't like the jab at Superman at the beginning of the character creation since i'm a fan of supes.