Skip to content

The Keyring

Simple question....has it been implemented in the original campaign and BG2?? If so, where can I find this wonderful addition??

Comments

• Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    You seem to start with it by default when you begin SOD.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    I think he is asking if it can be obtained in BG2 and BG prior to SoD
  • xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
    I haven't seen it in BG2. Most keys in BG2 disappear when you use them, so that may have something to do with it. But I agree, it is a nice addition.
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    I don't see it as anything special myself. In the second game, as was said, a lot of keys vanish after use, and there's also the bag of holding if that isn't sufficient. And in the first game I don't recall juggling many keys anyways, so not a big deal.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    They took a note from Ultima 7 Part 2 Serpent Isle.
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    this was a great addition. i think it should be added to all the games.
  • longjo83longjo83 Member Posts: 14
    So smart but so simple. I was really pleased to see that (once I figured out what it was).

It does makes you question the inventory slot system though, like why would adding a ring for your keys reduce the space they occupy? For that matter, how would 10 suits of plate mail occupy the same space as 10 different keys?
  • jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 9,850
    Vasculio said:

They took a note from Ultima 7 Part 2 Serpent Isle.

If any game ever needed a keyring and better inventory options, it was Ultima VII....
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Too bad they never fixed the combat!
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    jackjack said:

Too bad they never fixed the combat!

I wish Ultima 7 had the Ultima 6 party mechanic were can control there actions as well as the Avatar's. Plus i wish the party members could use the spell book. :\